Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

cjhobbies00 2008.05.13 10:22 AM

more surprising than Lebron's poor shooting is the fact that BOS can't seem to win on the road. Where the hell is the team that's been blowing people out all year? Ray Allen and Paul Pierce is MIA and Rondo is taking the second most shots? Goddamn.

Still think they are the surest bet, but they don't look so invincible anymore. Kept hoping that ATL series was a fluke...

Edit - BTW, I predicted to several people that the ATL - BOS series was gonna be a fun watch, I didn't think it was gonna go 7 games, but I knew the athleticism of the Hawks was gonna give BOS a fight.

Nimh 2008.05.13 09:27 PM

I am getting worried about my Celtics.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.17 03:46 PM

Wow, who woulda thought that the Celts would get their backs pushed against the wall two series in a row? Everyone thought they would've finished the first two series in Eight.

And even if they win this one, I don't even think they are the favorites anymore against Detroit. What the hell happened to this team? I watch them methodically pick teams apart on their own floor, hollaring all over the court, and then the game shifts away and they run around aimlessly falling down double digits.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.17 03:54 PM

Its a team comprised of guys that could never lead their teams anywhere to begin with.

Maou 2008.05.18 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 29269)
Wow, who woulda thought that the Celts would get their backs pushed against the wall two series in a row? Everyone thought they would've finished the first two series in Eight.

My belief is that the Celtics won't even finish this series. After coming close twice, the Cavs finally take a close game on the road. The key to a Cavs victory is getting Z involved early and limiting Scrubiak's shots.

Post-Game choke edit: I'll say the same damn thing I said last year... LeBron, Andy, and Boobie are the only players worth keeping on this team. Perimeter shooting once again fails because of a joke of a cast around LeBron. Sasha, Scrubiak, and Damon Jones can all disappear from the face of the earth for all I care. Z and Ben Wallace are worthless and Delonte West is the new Larry Hughes. Danny Ferry better bring in some combination of Baron Davis, Antawn Jamison, and Shawn Marion.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.19 07:09 PM

sorry to hear about your departed money, maou

cjhobbies00 2008.05.19 07:09 PM

^ You ain't getting any of those players, not with the garbage that's on the Cavs roster. No Cap Room, No assets, goodbye James.

SA vs LA !!! Doesn't look like Kobe is going to the finals...

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.19 07:28 PM

peja is the chokeyest choker that ever choked

Maou 2008.05.20 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 29374)
sorry to hear about your departed money, maou

No you're not. :P I'll make it back today on baseball because C.C. is pitching.

I'm hearing that LeBron wants OJ Mayo to be drafted at any cost. Then again, I'm also hearing that the Cavs want to trade for Carmello so take that for what it's worth.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 29393)
No you're not. :P I'll make it back today on baseball because C.C. is pitching.

I'm hearing that LeBron wants OJ Mayo to be drafted at any cost. Then again, I'm also hearing that the Cavs want to trade for Carmello so take that for what it's worth.

Muhaha, only way the Cavs getting a top 5 pick to get Mayo would be to trade Lebron himself.

I actually hear Carmelo and Camby is going to the Nets tonight via trade for RJ, Marcus Williams, dead bodies (Keith Van Horn, etc...), and draft picks. I personally don't want someone like Melo on my Nets, but the Nets aren't going anywhere right now with this roster and Thorn always likes to shake up draft day.