Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sayuri Ishikawa ANYA NO SHINJYUDATE 02.04.2014 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2113)

Inseu 2014.02.27 04:30 PM

Sayuri Ishikawa ANYA NO SHINJYUDATE 02.04.2014

http://www.teichiku.co.jp/teichiku/a...kawa/x-cross-/

Ringo wrote 2 songs for late 70's enka singer Sayuri Ishikawa for her upcoming single titled 暗夜の心中立て, to be released on April 2nd, 2014. Both songs are arranged by Saito Neko.

1 暗夜の心中立て
作詞:椎名林檎 / 作曲:椎名林檎 / 編曲:斎藤ネコ
2 名うての泥棒猫
作詞:椎名林檎 / 作曲:椎名林檎 / 編曲:斎藤ネコ

Preview

Sayuri Ishikawa (石川 さゆり ), born January 30, 1958, is a female Japanese enka singer. She is a popular contestant on the annual NHK Kōhaku Uta Gassen broadcast, having appeared 34 times since 1977. Ishikawa made her name performing the classic "Tsugaru Kaikyou Fuyugeshiki". She has released more than 10 original albums, numerous compilations and over 100 singles.

Official Site: http://www.ishikawasayuri.com/

deadgrandma 2014.02.27 04:34 PM

I'll be buying this, the sample sounds totally amazing to me. I'll get version C (which has PVs for both songs on a DVD and also the songs in instrumental form).

Ringo is listed as "Harmony vocals" on the second track too. So that's a little bonus. This song is pretty damn HF sounding. Which is good for me. Now to wait for it listed somewhere to order.

Musicians
Bass 井上富雄 / Drums 古田たかし / Guitar柳沢二三男・尾上サトシ
Percussion 川瀬正人 / Strings グレート栄田Strings
Trumpet 西村浩二・小林正弘・中野勇介
Trombone片岡雄三・鹿討奏・山城純子
Horn 藤田乙比古・大東周
Harp 朝川朋之 / Timpani 高田みどり
Conductor 斎藤ネコ
「名うての泥棒猫」 Harmony vocal 椎名林檎

TurtleFu 2014.02.27 05:01 PM

It's... a pretty standard Enka song? Maybe she adds a bit of an pop element to it, but it's still firmly Enka,a nd my problem with Enka is that it all sounds nearly the same and has no climax.

deadgrandma 2014.02.27 05:08 PM

I'm hearing (along with others) Tsumi to Batsu. Ain't nothing wrong with more Tsumi to Batsu.

Giving away a song to someone with decent vocal chops for a change is nice too.

Although, looks like that 5th solo album is getting further and further away from actually happening. I'm now seriously expecting a Ukina-esque compilation of songs she's written for someone else before we see that.

TurtleFu 2014.02.27 05:18 PM

That is an awesome title. Just Finished Dark Night Double Suicide. Jusui Negai anyone?

deadgrandma 2014.02.27 05:29 PM

Le Vœu D'Amour

What is it with the French titles?

暗夜の心中立て
名うての泥棒猫

And the 7 character Japanese titles are still ongoing.

Why? Does anyone know the answer to this? Does anyone care?

Rhea 2014.02.28 11:31 AM

I love enka, I love Ishikawa Sayuri, and of course I love Ringo. So this is just perfect for me :wub:

The preview sounds really good! I might just have to get this single.

deadgrandma 2014.02.28 03:29 PM

Had another thought (dream).

Since she's busy with her kids...

Utaite Myori 2, but this time, self covers. I would jizz all over EMF. Well, even more than usual.

Rhea 2014.03.05 03:47 AM

暗夜の心中立て is available for download on the Japanese iTunes store now (just the one song, not the entire single)!

Also, all the different jackets are out now:

Type A

Type B

Type C

The type C jacket is my favourite!

deadgrandma 2014.03.05 03:58 AM

Oh wow, that type C is so great, glad I've ordered it!

FadedSun 2014.03.05 10:02 AM

Just heard the song. Not bad at all. Really enjoyed it. Shiina loves that jazzy, big band sound.

teattum 2014.03.05 11:35 AM

Ringo made her name by proposing completely different albums.

So, now I guess that she doesn't want to release anything new, also because she's just have no idea about what else to create.

Maybe this is not a bad thing to step back away from the music industry. At least she intend to keep up with her own standards. Which, and she must know it, are very high.

Writing for other artists and shows is a comfy way to officially stay in her artsy position.

It's pretty clear that when she feels ready to do something, she will do it.

deadgrandma 2014.03.05 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teattum (Post 89678)
It's pretty clear that when she feels ready to do something, she will do it.

Pity then, that EMI seem to have to release SOMETHING each year under her (or Jihen's) name... and that's we keep getting re-releases and compilations of things haha.

teattum 2014.03.05 07:20 PM

Well. As you mentioned elsewhere, there is the "gift" compilation that we could have this year. (I also thought about that, there are now enough material for it)
There the Sakuran Left-overs that can be used as a bonus disk with a reedition of Heisei Fusoku (as original stuffs, I'd be pleased to hear it)
A tribute album uniting the covers from various artists.

And so on...

The probleme is somehow our concern. We keep expecting any dangling possibility of a potential release, just to be disappointed when we got less than we legitimately hope to have. But at last, we can't resent Ringo for that.

LoBFCanti 2014.03.05 11:15 PM

I'll take a fucking Shiina Tribute album though. Oomori and Kominami slots MUST be confirmed. I think we can get a Utada contribution pretty easily. I want a Nakata act too, regardless of how much everyone else would probably hate that. *cough*Perfumenohouga*cough*

I don't even know what I'd like to hear from Shiina at this point. I just want her to be active. Singer's Luck 2 is more than welcome.

gekokujyo 2014.03.06 07:49 AM

Self covers seems very very likely and would make me very very happy. Studio versions of Nihon ni umarete and shoujo robot? YASSS?!?!

That Sayuri song is Grate.

anonlurker 2014.03.06 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti (Post 89692)
I'll take a fucking Shiina Tribute album though. Oomori and Kominami slots MUST be confirmed. I think we can get a Utada contribution pretty easily. I want a Nakata act too, regardless of how much everyone else would probably hate that. *cough*Perfumenohouga*cough*

I don't even know what I'd like to hear from Shiina at this point. I just want her to be active. Singer's Luck 2 is more than welcome.

Perfume doing STEM would be beastly.

teattum 2014.03.09 01:14 AM

I guess several of us already noticed it.
But for everyone, Let me drop a little longer version of the song.

Here we go!

thefro 2014.03.09 03:12 PM

I want a Ringo/Neko/Alexander O. Smith (to help with English translation)-penned James Bond theme.

deadgrandma 2014.03.17 05:35 PM

Well, looks like the second track from this single comes out on iTunes tomorrow...

deadgrandma 2014.03.18 06:27 AM

Anyway, I just listened to the second song in full. And I gotta say, I reckon I like it even more than the first. Like the first track, easily would make something for James Bond- a great little "spy" ditty.

The chorus is the best part- where we get to hear Sayuri and Ringo harmonising together- I don't believe Ringo has ever had such great company. These two voices match each other wonderfully.

Unlike the first, it doesn't hit as strong on the first listen. However- the instrumentation is far more intricate and the structure of the song is far more satisfying- at least to me. Good stuff. I can't wait to see the PV for this one on the Version C DVD- I have fingers crossed that Ringo will make an appearance along Sayuri, now that I know her voice is so audible in the chorus. We will see.

For now, another totally enjoyable track. I'd gladly take more of this collab in the future.

Rhea 2014.03.20 10:37 AM

Almost full MV for 暗夜の心中立て
Sayuri

Still loving this song! The MV looks pretty as well.

Inseu 2014.03.20 01:51 PM

Too C9 for my liking...

deadgrandma 2014.03.29 07:52 PM

I was listening to this track again and got to thinking this terrible thought

"Do I seriously think Ringo's voice would actually sound better here?"

What I mean is, Sayuri at this point in time, sounds a 100% perfect match (it helps that she is a totally focused and experienced enka singer) for the tone and mood here, would Ringo's voice honestly work better?

Am I terrible fan for thinking this?

We all complain when she gives out her songs to lesser vocalists, but what are the implications of giving out her songs to someone just as strong (or perhaps even better) in her own field? I can only imagine disappointment if Ringo were to perform this song herself from a lot of people...

What do other people think in regards to this situation? Keen to hear other opinions.

Glathannus 2014.03.29 11:59 PM

^
I had that thought right away, but didn't feel completely justified in posting it yet, because it's a tricky thing to explain. Sayuri Ishikawa clearly has more performance synergy with Saito Neko than Shiina Ringo usually has, and I would welcome more collaborations between them.

Inseu 2014.03.30 01:24 PM

Ringo's voice is unique. Don't care for Sayuri's voice. I would probably love it if Ringo gave songs to Goto Mariko, Yasuha Kominami, Kinono Hotel etc

deadgrandma 2014.04.05 03:31 PM

Sayuri with Ringo on NHK Songs, April 12

anonlurker 2014.04.05 06:45 PM

That sounds interesting. Hopefully somebody will be good enough to cap it.

Inseu 2014.04.06 11:07 AM

Listened to the new single in FLAC:

暗夜の心中立て 7/10: kinda boring after a few listens. It's enka after all...
名うての泥棒猫 9/10: pure Ringo.

Would +1 if Ringo herself on vocals.

deadgrandma 2014.04.06 04:57 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Watched the DVD. Second PV is more or less a fancy credits roll similar to Tengoku e Yokuso- Tokyo Bay ver. on Jihen's CS Channel. The full 4 minute PV of the main single is still fantastic, however, the DVD picture isn't great quality- I'm talking ugly ass digital artifacts, muddy overall transfer, no true blacks, it's like an early DVD tbh (the only thing that I can be thankful for is that it's actually anamorphic- so there's that :-p). But oh well, I'm mainly in it for the single, and the lossless really adds to it here.

Rhea 2014.04.11 10:03 AM

Looking forward to seeing these two on NHK Songs :wub:

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but in regards to a possible Ringo version of 暗夜の心中立て: I don't think Ringo will necessarily sound worse than Sayuri, but he version will probably be different. I expect that if Ringo does a self-cover of this song, she will change it up a bit and sing it in a way that suits her style of singing, rather than trying to imitate Sayuri.

It's also possible to compare Ringo and Sayuri already, since both of them have sung Kurumaya-san in the past!
Kurumaya-san Jihen ver.

Kurumaya-san Sayuri ver.

deadgrandma 2014.04.12 04:31 PM

Anyone got a way to record show in HD?

TurtleFu 2014.04.12 04:38 PM

I can't, unfortunately.
It was an intersteing show but only 2 songs were performed. Most of it was just Sayuri and Shiina in Kyoto.
Sayuri sang the new single, and then they dueted on a The Peanuts song.
Also I guess there is going to be a duet on the album as well?

deadgrandma 2014.04.12 05:20 PM

Is the 18th show a repeat? Just looking at schedule on NHK site here...

Also, are you 100% it was a Peanuts song? The archive on NHK Songs website just shows the two songs from the single...

It also proves that Ringo is indeed on harmony vocals on the second track... so many people doubting me, I knew I wasn't old enough to be going insane :-p

http://www.nhk.or.jp/songs/archive/140412.html

This from Natalie:
4月12日(土)23:10からNHK総合にてオンエアされる音楽番組「SONGS」に石川さゆりと椎名林檎が出演する。

4月2日にリリースされた石川のニューシングル「暗夜の心中立て」では椎名林檎が作詞作曲とプロデュースを手がけ、見事なコラボレーションを披露した2人。番組では石川と椎名の京都訪問をフィーチャーする。芸事の上達にご利益があるといわれる八坂神社への参拝や、かつて日本最古の花街として栄えた島原で太夫の芸を堪能するなど、彼女たちの旅の模様をオンエアする。

またスタジオライブでは2人が椎名のプロデュース曲「暗夜の心中立て」「名うての泥棒猫」を披露する。

Yeah, it was just the two songs from the single, nothing about The Peanuts according to this.

There is a few pics from the show on there, including this one:

TurtleFu 2014.04.12 07:49 PM

Oh, I thought it was a Peanuts song? It sounded like one and I guess I misunderstood what they were saying...
Oh! It might have been that Shiina composed it IN THE STYLE OF The Peanuts!

18th is a repeat, and they showed clpis from a music video for the second song!?

EDIT: Also Ringo was rocking dem wigs. There was the blonde one, the Electric-Mole style one, and anothe rone I think.

Inseu 2014.04.13 05:02 AM

The Peanuts are way more boring.

deadgrandma 2014.04.13 05:35 PM

This NHK ep is up in so-so quality (ah, who am I kidding, it looks and sounds like ass :-p) on you-know-what now. Hopefully HD version appears in time.

anonlurker 2014.04.14 12:59 AM

My eyeballs rolled inwards such was the quality on display.