Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Ichigo Ichie] 2012.09.06 - Doku Ichigo (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1990)

frecklegirl 2007.04.02 12:07 PM

[Ichigo Ichie] 2012.09.06 - Doku Ichigo (CD) [Album]

毒苺 (Doku Ichigo)

1 別れ1940 (Wakare 1940)
2 The Heavy Metallic Girl
3 喪失 (Soushitsu)
4 別れ1964 (Wakare 1964)
5 What did U say?
6 望遠鏡の中の記憶 (Bouenkyou no Naka no Kioku)
7 望遠鏡の外の景色 (Bouenkyou no Soto no Keshiki)
8 別れ2012 (Wakare 2012)

First-Press Availability (links to be updated): Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia

deadgrandma 2012.09.16 11:30 PM

10 Attachment(s)
The box set that it comes in is really nice, I thought I'd share:

Attachment 5459
Attachment 5460
Attachment 5461
Attachment 5462
Attachment 5463
Attachment 5464
Attachment 5465
Attachment 5466
Attachment 5467

Yeah, that's enough :-p

Oh, there is a cute new photo of Ringo in the book, but it was really hard to get a good photo, this is the best I could muster:

Attachment 5471

Her REAL hair????

a_grumble_cake 2012.09.19 11:27 AM

Nice one, deadgrandma!

edit: I liked track 6 though it was 90 seconds too short, I liked track 7 though it was 90 seconds too long and Heavy Metal Girl is ok. I already forgot all the other tracks.

deadgrandma 2012.09.19 02:53 PM

Yeah I really wish track 6 was longer. It really reminds me of something like Poltergeist. But I could listen to track 7 all day. Mostly id say this project resembles SG. To me that's my favourite style Ringo so im cool with it.

TurtleFu 2012.09.19 03:54 PM

I really love this, you guys. It's like everything I love about Ringo rolled into one.

I can't help but think Ringo's next solo album will be similar to this:
Mostly Big Band, Samba, Bossa, and Jazz tracks.
Some up-tempo rock songs.
Some electronic songs.

Basically like SG but more focused?

Maou 2012.09.20 09:48 AM

The horror of having a vocalist with no charisma. What Did U Say sounds like drunk karaoke night for Uni students.

Looking forward to the SR cover versions on the next tour.

Entry№1 2012.09.20 12:19 PM

Frecklegirl needs to make a new topic for this in the product reviews forum so we can bicker about it there. But for now, let me say my favorites are 喪失 and 别れ 1940. I'm curious at to what the official English titles will be.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 84295)
Looking forward to the SR cover versions on the next tour.

Don't hold your breath, the last time SR composed for stage (Tamatebako), that music was pretty much lost forever. :\

hoopra 2012.09.26 08:10 PM

maybe it's because i haven't listened to a japanese album in a long time, i must say this album is very refreshing and impressive to me, I wasn't even a fan of shiina's showtuny stuff or saito neko neither, but this works for me, love the soil and pimp session flavor on here,

9/10 for me on first and second listen,
was loving track 5 and 7, but now i just threw on track 4 and got a happy feeling

matan-san 2012.09.27 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entry№1 (Post 84300)
Don't hold your breath, the last time SR composed for stage (Tamatebako), that music was pretty much lost forever. :\

yeah, but her work on Tamatebako wasn't released (yet), this one is.

my fave track now is 喪失, it reminds me of that collab Ringo did with Kiyoshi Hasegawa

Osiris12345 2012.09.27 11:17 AM

Jihad called it on this one. This song is pretty bland, guys.

deadgrandma 2012.09.27 02:14 PM

You have just heard the one song? Id still give the full thing a go, The Heavy Metallic Girl is the only one that sounds like that. Still, if you don't really like SG it may not appeal much to you.

@matan-san: yeah that song is really pretty. Nice to hear a stripped back composition like that. Now just need to hear Ringo sing it.

gekokujyo 2012.10.01 09:02 AM

喪失 is great. I've pretty much played it to death. I also really enjoyed 'What Did U Say' (really, really clever writing on the lyrics), pretty much stuck in my head, and the 2012 version of Wakare. Everything else was at least decent.

I want to see her perform some of these herself. >.<

deadgrandma 2012.10.31 01:36 PM

Keen to hear Inseu's opinion on this....

Inseu 2012.10.31 01:47 PM

Dude, this release is rather confusing. First, I can't seem to buy it anywhere any more...secondly, did Ringo sing any of the songs? I don't care for S&PS and their jazz noodles BUT I would certainly buy an album with Ringo singing songs featuring a horn section...like MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on earth~, I eat up those lalalas.

deadgrandma 2012.10.31 02:19 PM

Nah no singing by her.

If its not on Amazon.jp or Kronekodow, then its OOP already.

LoBFCanti 2012.11.08 01:06 PM

You can sell your soul and get it on Ebay.

Oop, that auction is actual gone now too.

deadgrandma 2012.11.08 01:14 PM

I really gotta give this a break, had the tune of the soil and pimps song in my head for days...

Also, @ Inseu... Yay or Nay???

Inseu 2012.11.08 01:37 PM

The Heavy Metallic Girl, 别れ 2012, and 望遠鏡の外の景色 are particularly wonderful musically, but I miss Ringo's singing (Watashi no Aisuru Hito HELLO!) too much. The female singer sounds like the girl from Brilliant Green. Her voice is dry and charmless. (No offense to Brilliant Green fans)

Carlx 2012.11.11 12:29 PM

So I'm listening to this after a long time and it sounds now flawless to my ears. Even if it's just a short soundtrack (probably that's the reason), there is more cohesion and sense of integrity here than any of the three latest Tokyo Jihen albums, with the exception of The Heavy Metallic Girl, which ironically works A LOT better in context.

Special mention to What Did U Say: lively, vigorous, humorous and playful energy in the same vein as Omatsuri Sawagi but with a stronger samba vibe. I totally see Ringo singing this live in a Sanmon Gossip-y context, ending it with her distinctive final exclamation a la Genjitsu o Warau/Omatsuri Sawagi.

deadgrandma 2012.11.18 02:03 AM

Does anyone actually know how limited this run was? (as in was there a certain number made?)

I see it's OOP and on Amazon.jp there's one used for 29,800 yen.

So glad I bought it when I did :-p

Inseu 2012.11.18 11:04 AM

Sell it for high price and waste the money on women and booze.

Glathannus 2012.11.18 05:20 PM

Normally I would buy releases like this right away, but normally I would have dispensable income too. This release caught me at a bad time.

I wouldn't take the prices at Amazon too seriously, though. Yahoo! Japan Auctions don't seem to have escalated quite that much. I have no doubt we'll be able to get this in 5 years for under 10,000 yen, even if the prices spike higher than that in the first 1-2 years. Doku Ichigo prices will rise and fall just like MoRA did (look at the prices today). I realize this is probably more limited than MoRA, but that doesn't mean there's enough demand to where the asking prices can continue to be ridiculously high for the rest of our pre-apocalyptic lives.

karateexplosion 2013.06.02 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlx (Post 85263)
So I'm listening to this after a long time and it sounds now flawless to my ears. Even if it's just a short soundtrack (probably that's the reason), there is more cohesion and sense of integrity here than any of the three latest Tokyo Jihen albums, with the exception of The Heavy Metallic Girl, which ironically works A LOT better in context.

Special mention to What Did U Say: lively, vigorous, humorous and playful energy in the same vein as Omatsuri Sawagi but with a stronger samba vibe. I totally see Ringo singing this live in a Sanmon Gossip-y context, ending it with her distinctive final exclamation a la Genjitsu o Warau/Omatsuri Sawagi.

This. All of this.

Sorry for dredging up a wayward thread, but I've been out of the loop and only just caught up on the last four or five Ringo-centric releases a few days ago.

But yeah, this is gold, Jerry, gold. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best thing, on a whole, she's done since Adult. I dunno. I am a sucker for rearrangements of songs though, which is probably why I still don't hate MaruSadi yet.

mrnarse 2015.04.20 11:22 AM

Got a Ringohan email last night that said they were going to be selling the Doku Ichigo CD again through their website, starting at 4pm on April 28th Japan time.

The price is 2000yen, which was the price of the CD only version when it was originally sold on Kronekodow, so don't expect it to be the box set.

deadgrandma 2015.04.24 10:07 PM

I'm now starting to think this (in boxset form) is one of the rarest things in the Ringo collection. I still don't know anyone else that even owns it and the prices it goes for on Y!A are pretty ridiculous, around the 25,000 yen mark average seems to be the pattern at the end of auctions...

Any other EMF'er have it?

zeroryouko 2015.04.24 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 94379)
I'm now starting to think this (in boxset form) is one of the rarest things in the Ringo collection. I still don't know anyone else that even owns it and the prices it goes for on Y!A are pretty ridiculous, around the 25,000 yen mark average seems to be the pattern at the end of auctions...

Any other EMF'er have it?

I have it - I picked up a used copy a few months back from Amazon Japan. The copy I got was only 8,100 yen (plus shipping) as it was in "good" condition, but it actually turned out to be a lot better than I had expected.

I kind of wish there was more information about the play out there...

mrnarse 2015.04.25 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 94380)
I kind of wish there was more information about the play out there...

The play was broadcast on WOWOW back in 2012, and they're replaying it on June 13th.

http://www.nodamap.com/site/news

Has that every shown up online?

Looking at the play's schedule:

http://www.nodamap.com/egg/schedule/

They had cameras filming something on February 12th of this year. I wonder if they were taping it for a video release.

deadgrandma 2015.04.25 05:15 PM

Feb 12 would have been when the show was in Paris...