Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Third album: Variety [News] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=326)

Jonny 2007.07.09 08:01 AM

Third album: Variety [News]

Quote:

There are some news over at Tokyo Jihen's webpage today.
Except stating that the OSCA single will be available from tomorrow, July 11, and about the fall tour, they give information about the next album.

The name will be "Variety", or written 娯楽 with kanji which normally reads Goraku, meaning pleasure/amusement. The album includes thirteen songs and will be released September 26, 2007.

The "Killer tune" single will be released August 22. The song is written by keyboardist Izawa Ichiyou, with lyrics by Shiina Ringo.

Sorry, no pictures of any new covers.
Thanks to shiinaringo.se for this information.^_^

justriiingo 2007.07.09 08:39 AM

So "Variety" is the official English title? So she's using it in the "variety show" context. So the album's gonna be like a crazy Japanese variety show? Hmmm.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.07.09 08:47 AM

Hmm. Not really liking or disliking the name. It could mean a number of things for the sound of the album, but I'm expecting the whole thing to be rather light hearted.

Orenji 2007.07.09 09:03 AM

News at last!! Oh, it's written this way "娯楽(バラエティ)", just like "大人(アダルト)". Well, "Goraku" sounds like an eclectic and funny album. Really looking forward it :).

Edit:
Oh, 13 songs?! 2 singles + 11 new songs... Sounds pretty good ^^.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.09 09:21 AM

Ohhh snap, this is cool. The name is a bit weird, methinks, but obviously nothing to get upset about.

I was kind of hoping for something like "The Varied Abilities ~Of Japanese BAND~"

teattum 2007.07.09 10:37 AM

If there was something that I wanted to know, it's so about the future To'Jihen's album. Thank so much for this news!

Now, We have just waitting for this upcoming. Do we'll survive before this so far date?

Anyway we still have singles... even if the song will reappears in this next album.

Teattum who hope to be understand.

Orenji 2007.07.09 11:32 AM

Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?" :blink:

Op2 2007.07.09 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 11840)
Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?" :blink:

To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.

Orenji 2007.07.09 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 11841)
To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.

Okay, thanks but... if you visit this and this page, it doesn't say "Adult" anywhere, but *only* "Otona" (大人).

If you only call it "Adult", you're ignoring part of the title... That's confusing. "Goraku" doesn't mean "Variety" so both titles are correct... aren't them?

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.07.09 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 11841)

Well, the name on the cover says adult, so I'd guess that's the official title.:hmph:

Maou 2007.07.09 12:41 PM

^ But the name on the spine says "Otona" without the "adaruto" indicator. I'm just messin'. I know it's Adult, Frecks.

Orenji 2007.07.09 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya (Post 11848)
Well, the name on the cover says adult, so I'd guess that's the official title.:hmph:

It also says "Tokyo Incidents" :)... -_-

Oh, I'll stop wondering those stupid things... xD. Sarah, you're so sexy (don't kill me *w*).

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.09 01:05 PM

in before someone calls it "baraiechi" or watever =p

And my interest can't help but be piqued. If Whisper or someone has a corresponding cat gif it would be apt.

natsume 2007.07.09 01:43 PM

I hope "variety" is indicative of the music. If this is realy going to be a (more) democratic band, and they all actually contribute and have a say, could make for a very good couple of albums, at least. That kind of collaboration can be remarkably productive, and remarkably eclectic. As if Shiina were not eclectic enough already.

(I'm thinking specifically of some classic rock and roll bands, The Beatles.. or better yet Queen, where each member wrote good to great songs, and each member actually scored at least one huge hit with one of their songs, and the output as a whole was incredibly varied.)

kuro_neko 2007.07.09 02:04 PM

I like the title, moreso what it implies. Maybe we will get some f-ed up circus music. Hahah, or rather, it probably is just a title to tie together and album that is already admittedly all over the place with different members contributing all sorts of different things. I really liked how Kyouiku and Adult both had a definte edge and style to them, when you hear a song from either of those eras you can generally place it right away. With a title like this, I hope the same can be said about the new work as well.

And yay for Killer Tune being Izawa, I think the only person who hasn't had a song then so far is Hata. Come on Hata, give us someeethiiiiing

Maou 2007.07.09 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 11858)
Maybe we will get some f-ed up circus music.

It was called Bokoku Joushou.

I like variety as well. More diverse music is definitely what this band needs and I'm glad they seem to be stepping in that direction.

HEDOfloe 2007.07.09 02:29 PM

If the title just implies that the album will be varied, then I'm really excited. But I doubt it will be very varied because it has to fit in together somehow. It would be awesome if it is in a similar direction as OSCA and OSCA doesn't just turn out to be one of those "summer songs".

justriiingo 2007.07.09 05:53 PM

OSCA better be the only song Ukigumo writes on "Variety", if not it shall be officially known as "Variety": The 2nd TJ album that Ukigumo fucks up.

Of course, I'm open to Mr Uki being "good" and changing my mind.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.09 07:00 PM

'eyyyy, calm down sista!

oasis_heart3 2007.07.09 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 11861)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko
Maybe we will get some f-ed up circus music.

It was called "Bokoku Joushou".

It was also called "Poltergeist", and (to an extent) "Doppelganger". =P

I'm also happy to learn something new about the album. If only they had samples available for at least some of the new songs, excluding "Osca" and "Killer Tune" of course...*sigh*

kanzaki 2007.07.09 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oasis_heart3 (Post 11867)
It was also called "Poltergeist", and (to an extent) "Doppelganger". =P

Egads! What's wrong with poltergeist and doppelganger???

But seriously, is there really no way to call the 2nd album Otona? (without incurring someone's wrath?) Cause otherwise to keep up with the single-english-word trend we'd have to go back and revert Kyoiku back to Education (which really doesn't sound as badass as Kyoiku). And personally I think Goraku sounds more badass than variety...

Argh.. decisions, decisions.

Orenji 2007.07.10 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanzaki (Post 11869)
Egads! What's wrong with poltergeist and doppelganger???

oasis_heart3 didn't say that Poltergeist and Doppelganger are bad, he said that they're also circus'esque songs :P. (I also thought in Poltergeist when I read "circus music").

Quote:

But seriously, is there really no way to call the 2nd album Otona? (without incurring someone's wrath?) Cause otherwise to keep up with the single-english-word trend we'd have to go back and revert Kyoiku back to Education (which really doesn't sound as badass as Kyoiku). And personally I think Goraku sounds more badass than variety...

Personaly, I call it "Adult", but in my iTunes is tagged as "Otona (Adult)" :unsure:.

golem09 2007.07.10 02:46 AM

Hmm, I call it Kyoiku and Adult, since this is what's on the cover^^

And I think too much thinking about coming TJ releases will only hurt my brain :)

Maou 2007.07.10 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanzaki (Post 11869)

Aye! There isn't really much to debate about on this subject. Adult and Variety have kata indicators on how the album name is supposed to be pronounced while Kyouiku doesn't. It's very cut and dry.

frecklegirl 2007.07.10 07:43 PM

That's right. I'm going to kick anyone's ASS who calls it "Goraku" or, worse, "Goraku (Variety)." I do believe I will go so far as to edit posts, too...

IF YOU DON'T KNOW JAPANESE, THEN PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO DO.

It's only "Variety". :D

Orenji, you should really know better by now... but I won't repeat myself, since if you haven't listened before, as much as it pains me, I guess you're not going to listen now. :/

thanks Op :)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.10 07:49 PM

i hope you're not endorsing people to say stupid crap like "Adaruto" frex >_<

frecklegirl 2007.07.10 08:01 PM

Adaruto IS stupid but it's the best I can offer as a form of compromise to the people who keep insisting on "Otona" and editing the Wikipedia article likewise (this has ended thanks to my footnote/talkpage debate however :D).

I've also had to put Barieti on the Wikipedia article and make a similar footnote. It pains me too, but it's the only way to pacify some people... and we need to nip this one in the bud before it gets spread all over the net and I get quoted stupid shit like "But Otona comes up in Google searches 20,000 more times! So it's right!" ..............

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.10 09:04 PM

See, id almost rather Otona/Goraku (or whatever it is) than adaruto/Baraieti. To me saying that stupid shit is telling me the poster breaths through their mouth at a high frequency.

...so please just say Adult/Variety guys if you don't want me to bust a vessel in my head.

Orenji 2007.07.11 12:35 AM

Okay, okay, okay... It's Adult & Variety!! Sorry, Sarah-san Ó___Ò.

Keep talkin' about Variety :D.

Jonny 2007.07.11 12:35 AM

I have a take/good guess, coming from my recent VGS:
The names of the three albums reflect tv channels/programs. Education, adult, variety. The first one suggests NHK education channel (there's gotta be one), then the more adult:ey (as in indecent) channels/programs, and then the variety shows (wiki that). However this is just a guess from my source, but why not... Says Shiina decides everything about this. So we can probably rule out any other people, like BAND MEMBERS, having any real input here...
My source will have a lunch with people from Kronekodow on Friday however and if it doesn't forget it, it will ask XD

justriiingo 2007.07.11 03:18 AM

Oh come on Jonny, "it"?

Nice theory, though it makes me wonder what kind of "adult" act was going on during Toumei Ningen. lol.

Jonny 2007.07.11 03:35 AM

You should see some Japanese (and other nationalities, like Chinese I think?), they really use IT sometimes, and have a hard time telling 'he' from 'she'.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.11 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 11964)
I have a take/good guess, coming from my recent VGS:
The names of the three albums reflect tv channels/programs. Education, adult, variety. The first one suggests NHK education channel (there's gotta be one), then the more adult:ey (as in indecent) channels/programs, and then the variety shows (wiki that). However this is just a guess from my source, but why not... Says Shiina decides everything about this.

Congratulations Jonny, you have just won this round of TriBond!

kuro_neko 2007.07.11 07:18 AM

press release from cdjapan:

"Third full-length album from Tokyo Jihen, this time featurign a
little something new. All compositions carefully selected from the vast number
of demos created by the band, and all lyrics written by Ringo Shiina herself.
Includes 13 songs total (subject to change) with seven tracks from Ukigumo, five
tracks from Izawa, and one composed by Kameda.
bonus:Comes housed in a limited packaging"

their original press release about OSCA was slightly incorrect and then later edited so I'm taking this with a rather large grain of salt. Even so, here is to hoping Izawa's tracks beat the crap out of Uki's (although where is Hata's? The least they can give him for putting up with this is a drum solo)

HEDOfloe 2007.07.11 07:45 AM

Maybe hata is not a good song-writer? I'd rather he not write anything if he is not good at it. But like I said in another thread, I'm disappointed that the song-writing was just handed over to the other members instead of a more balanced approach. Although I still believe that the final product is never exactly how the person wrote it because the rest of the band influences the music as well.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.11 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 11993)
Even so, here is to hoping Izawa's tracks beat the crap out of Uki's

Here's to hoping all the songs are good... :blink:

justriiingo 2007.07.11 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 11993)
press release from cdjapan:

"Third full-length album from Tokyo Jihen, this time featuring a
little something new. All compositions carefully selected from the vast number of demos created by the band, and all lyrics written by Ringo Shiina herself.
Includes 13 songs total with seven tracks from Shiina Ringo, five tracks from Izawa, and one composed by Kameda.
bonus: Comes housed in a limited packaging"

Hopefully, that's what the (subject to change) clause is for... :D

Jer 2007.07.11 03:30 PM

This one might manage to be the first Jihen album I don't love if we're going off OSCA.

frecklegirl 2007.07.11 06:30 PM

Mugg, I think you're right on about these titles and their connections to TV channel programming :) It also fits with the TV-screen single covers we've been seeing.

I also lament the lack of symmetry in the English/Japanese... if we could force them to be Otona & Goraku, or force Kyouiku to be something like.. Edjukeishon [*shudders*] that'd be nice indeed... but we can't D:

I just hope this tracklist is symmetrical... I was sorely disappointed when HF's wasn't.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.11 07:48 PM

Symmetry is old and busted.

Normal damn track titles: new hotness

Orenji 2007.07.12 07:38 AM

Maybe, to make it symmetrical, they will use "オスカ" instead of "OSCA".

HEDOfloe 2007.07.12 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 12044)
Symmetry is old and busted.

Normal damn track titles: new hotness

Yea! It's all about the music baby :D

Migoto 2007.07.12 08:36 PM

I just wish there was a Hata song in the album too...

Jesse 2007.07.13 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12040)
Mugg, I think you're right on about these titles and their connections to TV channel programming :) It also fits with the TV-screen single covers we've been seeing.

I also lament the lack of symmetry in the English/Japanese... if we could force them to be Otona & Goraku, or force Kyouiku to be something like.. Edjukeishon [*shudders*] that'd be nice indeed... but we can't D:

I just hope this tracklist is symmetrical... I was sorely disappointed when HF's wasn't.

well... I guess the solo albums wern't really symmetrical in titles either... but if you look at it this way:

無罪モラトリアム
勝訴ストリップ
加爾基 精液 栗ノ花

~
教育
大人(アダルト)
娯楽(バラエティ)

we have symmetry! hurray! (red indicating titles that differ to the other 2 in the set)

Plus.. it was Normal~Normal~Special~Normal through both careers.
By that I mean:
Ringo had 2 regular albums, then Utaite Myoli, and then back to another regular album.
Jihen has had 2 regular albums, and then SR went off and did Heisei Fuuzoku, and now they're back for another regular album.

I know thats grabbing at straws and probably more co-incidence, but its interesting still

Jesse 2007.07.13 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 12065)
Maybe, to make it symmetrical, they will use "オスカ" instead of "OSCA".

either that or there'll be another track made of four capital English letters. Hmm... ROFL?

Op2 2007.07.13 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 12122)
either that or there'll be another track made of four capital English letters. Hmm... ROFL?

GONG, maybe?

Speaking of the TV themes it makes total sense that each album is related to a channel genre: Education, Adult & Variety.

If you look the DVD covers too, it makes a lot of sense. The DVD covers for Kyouiku (education) were cartoony like children's learning television shows. The DVDs for Adult were mature and risqué.

OSCA
ミラ ー ボ ー ル [mirrorball]
キラーチューン [killertune]
GONG

Jesse 2007.07.13 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 12124)
OSCA
ミラ ー ボ ー ル [mirrorball]
キラーチューン [killertune]
GONG

mirrorball and killertune are a a perfect couple :o

Orenji 2007.07.13 01:29 AM

But I think they won't include Mirrorball in the new album. Maybe GONG~OSCA.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.13 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 12126)
But I think they won't include Mirrorball in the new album. Maybe GONG~OSCA.

Well, they did completely change Mirrorball after JCHI. It seems like a lot of work for it to only appear in a few concerts. Superstar, Tomei Ningen, and Himitsu were all a part of Dynamite Out and ended up in the next album, so I think that's probably what they're doing here too.

Orenji 2007.07.13 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 12139)
Well, they did completely change Mirrorball after JCHI. It seems like a lot of work for it to only appear in a few concerts. Superstar, Tomei Ningen, and Himitsu were all a part of Dynamite Out and ended up in the next album, so I think that's probably what they're doing here too.

Hmmm, yeah, it's possible, so. :o

frecklegirl 2007.07.13 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 12124)
GONG, maybe?

Is it Gong or ゴング? man I feel like that song has fallen off the face of the earth. Someone needs to check Brad's blog where he wrote about it and see if it's a katakana title or not. Chances are they've completely forgotten about it/it was a Petrolz/Izawa's band cover anyway. I kind of doubt we'll ever see it again... I want to, though.

Orenji 2007.07.13 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12144)
Is it Gong or ゴング? man I feel like that song has fallen off the face of the earth. Someone needs to check Brad's blog where he wrote about it and see if it's a katakana title or not. Chances are they've completely forgotten about it/it was a Petrolz/Izawa's band cover anyway. I kind of doubt we'll ever see it again... I want to, though.

Brad called it "GONG", with capitals.

HEDOfloe 2007.07.13 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 12139)

I want a studio recording of Mirroball :*(

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.07.13 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 11851)
^ But the name on the spine says "Otona" without the "adaruto" indicator. I'm just messin'. I know it's Adult, Frecks.

That's true, I just dug out my copy and sure enough it said that.

justriiingo 2007.07.13 05:34 PM

If the rumour about Mr Ukigumo writing 7 out of 13 songs on Variety is true, people like me should be given the option to pay only half the price for the album, since potentially half the songs on it are going to suck. :)

madpawn 2007.07.13 05:47 PM

The first time I hear the album I'm not going to look at any of the information and try to guess who wrote which song. I kind of hope that the respective composers stretch themselves enough that'll I'll get a lot of them wrong. :)

(OSCA ISN'T GETTING OLD! OMG SO HAPPY.)

fluffiethesock 2007.07.13 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpawn (Post 12180)
(OSCA ISN'T GETTING OLD! OMG SO HAPPY.)

Agreement! :):):)

bromithia 2007.07.13 07:44 PM

o_o I'm up to like 70 plays and it still isn't old.. eeek.

frecklegirl 2007.07.14 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya (Post 12156)
That's true, I just dug out my copy and sure enough it said that.

Cause it would have looked awkward, or something. Just cause it shows up a few places without the indicator doesn't mean the indicator is to be ignored all the time, just that it's cumbersome (which it is).

KSK had the same kind of furigana readings ('zaamen' for the kanji for the word for semen, usually read seieki) and you see the kanji indicator-less on the spine. But that doesn't mean we can all say "Omg this means the album title is really read Karuki Seieki Kuri no Hana!!!1!!"

fluffiethesock 2007.07.14 09:13 PM

Karukigumo Seiji Kuri no Hata!!!1!!

justriiingo 2007.07.15 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 12264)

*chuckles*

ChickShhh 2007.07.15 07:40 AM

let's hope one of the 7 ukigumo songs has the same quality as Ichijiku no Hana, in vain

HEDOfloe 2007.07.15 07:52 AM

Wow, variety is going to be AWESOME!

Orenji 2007.07.15 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 12293)
Wow, variety is going to be AWESOME!

Why?

10 characters, 10 characters...

Maou 2007.07.15 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 12294)
Why?

No particular reason. He just likes to post nonsense just for the sake of having a new post.

However, we should have a better idea of the album's quality after Killer Tune is released. If it's good, we should expect at least half of the album to be good. I'm gaining a lot of faith in Izawa's songwriting abilities.

ShadyNook 2007.07.15 09:40 AM

Bummer.

So far, no mention of a limited editon version of Goraku.

I luvs me dem LE versions. Its too early to announce details, I guess.

This will be the Apple/Turtle/Maple leaf album of my dreams. The jury is still out about that Cloud though.

HEDOfloe 2007.07.15 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 12298)
No particular reason. He just likes to post nonsense just for the sake of having a new post.

WHAT?! The reason I think variety is going to be awesome is because I have never been dissappointed by TJ, and I have liked uki's songs so far, especially OSCA, and it looks like they are going into a new direction that I really like. Although, asides from OSCA, I would not say the other 2 songs are some of my favorite tokyo jihen songs, although I do like them both very much, especially kaban no nakami. And looking back at the shuraba single it did not really say much about the ADULT, even shuraba itself was completely different than the album version, but I feel that judging from the pictures, the album covers, and the songs itself, I have a good idea of where they are heading.

And as for my previous post, I just felt that alot of people were bummed out by the fact that UKI (GASP) was composing seven songs for Variety so I wanted to say something positive. Is that a good of enough reason for you?

frecklegirl 2007.07.15 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 12264)

hee hee hee :3 that's good!

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.15 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 12306)
So far, no mention of a limited editon version of Goraku.

It has begun :waa:

frecklegirl 2007.07.15 05:56 PM

Uh oh...

yah, ShadyNook, it's Variety and none other. I will start editing posts... so don't do it again!

fluffiethesock 2007.07.15 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 12307)
WHAT?! The reason I think variety is going to be awesome is because I have never been dissappointed by TJ, and I have liked uki's songs so far, especially OSCA, and it looks like they are going into a new direction that I really like. Although, asides from OSCA, I would not say the other 2 songs are some of my favorite tokyo jihen songs, although I do like them both very much, especially kaban no nakami. And looking back at the shuraba single it did not really say much about the ADULT, even shuraba itself was completely different than the album version, but I feel that judging from the pictures, the album covers, and the songs itself, I have a good idea of where they are heading.

And as for my previous post, I just felt that alot of people were bummed out by the fact that UKI (GASP) was composing seven songs for Variety so I wanted to say something positive. Is that a good of enough reason for you?

I'm excited too, Hedo. I expect the new version of Mirrorball to be present along with OSCA and GONG, all three of which I'm a big fan of / in great anticipation for.

However, I don't think they'll be changing OSCA from the single. Being as it's already a very stylized song, I think it'll probably stay the same. Shuraba was a pop single and they changed it because it obviously wouldn't have fit in with the whole adult theme.

With the whole slow-to-fast-tempo thing going on there and the fact that a variety album doesn't seem to be as specific as an adult-sound-oriented album, it just doesn't seem very likely that they would redo OSCA for the album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12311)
hee hee hee :3 that's good!

:p

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.15 07:37 PM

I think the single ver of Shuraba woulda fit perfectly on the album, and mighta been better.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.15 08:13 PM

u r wr0ng lol

justriiingo 2007.07.15 09:01 PM

I've already figured out how to progam my CD player to skip songs during playback *happiness*

ShadyNook 2007.07.15 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12336)
Uh oh...

yah, ShadyNook, it's Variety and none other. I will start editing posts... so don't do it again!

Variety it is!

don't hurt me.

:lol:

HEDOfloe 2007.07.15 11:05 PM

I've never heard GONG so it would be cool if they do have it on the album. Although people might call them lazy for re-arranging an old song @_@.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.16 07:02 AM

Oh Hedo, try as you might....

but you get a...passing grade for effort anyway.
We havent already bought "Gong" in any rendition.

HEDOfloe 2007.07.16 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 12379)
Oh Hedo, try as you might....

but you get a...passing grade for effort anyway.
We havent already bought "Gong" in any rendition.

I know, wasn't it just performed live like himitsu in DO?

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.16 07:57 AM

yes. but "We havent already bought "Gong" in any rendition."

Jonny 2007.07.16 10:28 AM

Anyway, I've got it confirmed from Kronekodow people that the tv shows thing is indeed the intended way for the albums.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.16 10:32 AM

if thats the case, than its only fitting the "educational/kids show" is the one I like best.

/points to av

golem09 2007.07.16 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12336)
I will start editing posts...

Oh yes! Best thing a mod could EVER do XD

frecklegirl 2007.07.18 02:29 PM

I don't like it either, and I don't want to do it. I'd also only edit that one word. Truthfully, though, I will probably just lecture people every time I see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 12340)
:p

Huh? I was... being serious. I honestly thought it was funny.

wtf? Did you really think I was just laughing at you??

k3nj1kun 2007.07.18 02:53 PM

sounds exciting... maybe they'll include some glitchcore or breakcore tracks... im hoping maybe for some drum and bass~~ kachow!

kuro_neko 2007.07.19 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 12613)
I don't like it either, and I don't want to do it. I'd also only edit that one word. Truthfully, though, I will probably just lecture people every time I see it.

Huh? I was... being serious. I honestly thought it was funny.

wtf? Did you really think I was just laughing at you??

this entire debate is rather pointless. I mean, going back to KZK, you don't read it karuki seieki kuri no hana (as the kanji would be read), since she created a kanji compound for Kalk, reads "semen" instead of "seieki" (which is the correct reading for that kanji compound" and kuri no hana is left unaltered. Then look at Ichijiku no Hana. The real kanji for ichijiku is 無花果, or the fruit without a flower, XD (thanks host mom!!!!) and not the kanji compound she created.

That being said, anyone who chooses to call Adult "Otona" is completely daft. Regardless of the kanji, it has clearly been labeled "Adult" and this new album will be Variety, regardless of the new kanji.

Kancer 2007.07.19 08:45 AM

Just think about how much less active this place would be if these songs and albums didn't have so many different interpretations over their titles

kuro_neko 2007.07.19 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kancer (Post 12689)
Just think about how much less active this place would be if these songs and albums didn't have so many different interpretations over their titles

and talk about what? the MUSIC? Shaaaaaaaa

ShadyNook 2007.07.19 12:44 PM

wait, wait. So its wrong to say the album title in nihongo based on the kanji?

Adult has the otona kanji on its spine. A Japanese person with no knowledge of english would pronounce those 2 kanji as Otona and call the album Otona just as they would pronounce the 2 kanji for the new album as Goraku.

I need the lecture.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.19 01:00 PM

The kanji are there to convey the meanings of the words, and album titles, Adult/Variety. I think were repeating ourselves, Slim Shady, so scroll up.

Also,
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 12716)

Please dont say "nihongo" in the middle of an english sentence >_<
Unless youre talking about a book whose title is "nihongo," just say "japanese." Its pretentious and leim.

Please don't be pretentious or leim =(

ShadyNook 2007.07.19 01:11 PM

but then, what the heck do call sushi and karaoke in this place? I'll ponder this while eating my raw fish wrap and singing Adult tunes on an empty orchestra song machine player.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.19 01:26 PM

Sushi and karaoke have been integrated into the english language (consult the dictionary.) "Nihongo" isn't.

ShadyNook 2007.07.19 01:59 PM

ok, I understand.

but it brings a load of new questions

so...its expected of board members to call the band Tokyo Incidents and Shiina as Shiina Apple, as well because of the existence of the english equivalent?

It wasn't like this in the old Ringo Jihen forum..or maybe it was and I was blind to see it?

But the sub folder for the Electric Mole Forums says "> Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen >"

and its clear as day on the Adult album cover and Shuraba single that the only name the band can be called, by the rule, is "Tokyo Incidents"

My conclusion: The EMF board mod broke the rule!

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.19 02:10 PM

no, the bands title is "Tokyo Jihen" (yeah yeah, they use "Incidents" too, and I guess its ok to call em Tokyo Incidents if some one's that heart-set on it.) And they're "Tokyo Jihen" because thats how they were officially in phase 1 and 2 (always referred verbally as that name.) The "Incidents" moniker didnt crop up til Adult, so thats some retcon action.

Shiina Apple is down right silly.

And it was like that on RJ. There were several of times where there were posts telling people to "please say Adult, not Otona"

ShadyNook 2007.07.19 02:26 PM

very well.

I'll follow this rule...but only here!

elsewhere on those internets I shall let my blasphemous fingers type "Ot_n_ and "G_r_k_" and "Ky_ik_" til my hearts content...and out of spite, no less!

*insert evil laughter*

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.19 02:32 PM

Kyoiku is fine...
(ie: dont call it "Education") =P

they may seem obscure and fuzzy, but such is life! And such is the way they titled the damn things.

golem09 2007.07.19 03:13 PM

Sahdy Nook, if you are serious about what you wrote, I have to say: You suck.

ShadyNook 2007.07.19 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 12732)
Sahdy Nook, if you are serious about what you wrote, I have to say: You suck.

I'll interpret that as "You're sane."

:P

what about the folks who can't understand the language at all? Must every single little word of Japanese here be translated into English so not to offend 3 people? That's asking alot from a stranger who happens to like the same music as you.

Is there was a prerequisite of 3 years of college level japanese to post song titles and album names now?

justriiingo 2007.07.19 06:05 PM

Whatever.
Red album, perfume album and (possibly) TV remote album.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.19 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 12737)
what about the folks who can't understand the language at all? Must every single little word of Japanese here be translated into English so not to offend 3 people? That's asking alot from a stranger who happens to like the same music as you.

Is there was a prerequisite of 3 years of college level japanese to post song titles and album names now?

I dont understand "Tsumiki Asobi" - I doubt most people here do, yet thats the title, and no one (should) be calling it "Playing with blocks" or whatever.

Youre going a little off the handle here Shady Nook. No ones saying to translate anything. If fact, were asking to "Please call shit what its called on the cover(s)." =P (and in cases of katakana, use the roman spellings ie: Identity and not "aidentiti" -- I actually don't own SS, so I have no idea how its actually labeled.)

It may sound like "appeasing 3 people" but its better (and less infuriating) then having 3 different names meaning one thing.

(as for your very first point, if they dont understand english, but know japanese much better, I'm sure theres better forums for them out there ;) )

kuro_neko 2007.07.19 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 12716)

Adult has the otona kanji on its spine. A Japanese person with no knowledge of english would pronounce those 2 kanji as Otona and call the album Otona just as they would pronounce the 2 kanji for the new album as Goraku.

I need the lecture.

um, no

if you look at KZK it read KARUKI ZAMEN KURI NO HANA above the kanji in furigana, correctly any questions about the reading of "seieki" or "karuki"

and with Adult they did the same thing, it says "adaruto" right next to the kanji on the work and on the websites, check tower if you want to see.

It is the kanji for 大人 but it gets read as Adult, this has already been discussed.

and in terms of reading these we are just following the artist and what they go by. Calling it Adult is an artistic thing that the band did, which is why we don't call Kyouiku Education etc.