Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2003.02.24 - Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=23)

justriiingo 2007.06.17 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophy (Post 9696)
The incredible amount of instruments used within KSK blows my mind. Has anyone been able to list them all?

Isn't it listed in the CD sleeve? Looks like a lot of synthesizers and traditional Japanese instruments.

ophy 2007.06.18 05:10 PM

I don't have the CD sleeve. My copy is borrowed from someone else.

I meant, like a breakdown of them in each song.
Is that what is listed, or is it just an overview of the instruments used?

justriiingo 2007.06.18 05:15 PM

In the credits there's a list of what instruments are used in which tracks and also who played them.

ophy 2007.06.18 05:30 PM

Oh sweet. Nevermind, I feel like a moron now. ;P

Thanks much! I'll have to bug the owner for sleeve. :)

Maou 2007.06.19 08:18 AM

You don't have to. The credits are in the discography section at Ringo Jihen.

Canto 2007.06.19 09:09 AM

The credits in Ringo Jihen have some mistake in translation, though.

frecklegirl 2007.06.24 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 9230)
HF is a soundtrack which happens to be made by some gal called SR.
I don't quite understand her decision to make HF. I'd expect her to write new songs for that movie and not use her old material.

Time crunch. Someday I'll get the interview out where she talks about it. But that's pretty much it: they were crunched for time, and Neko had already worked with her before on those songs, so they used them again.

To me, that more than anything means this album doesn't strictly 'count' when compared with her other album releases. Because she didn't hold it up to her usual standards; hell, the track names weren't even symmetrical. This was more like work she had been contracted to do than anything truly born out of artistic creativity.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.24 04:28 PM

HF =~ UM == doesn't 'really' count.

justriiingo 2007.06.24 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 10539)
Time crunch. Someday I'll get the interview out where she talks about it. But that's pretty much it: they were crunched for time, and Neko had already worked with her before on those songs, so they used them again.

To me, that more than anything means this album doesn't strictly 'count' when compared with her other album releases. Because she didn't hold it up to her usual standards; hell, the track names weren't even symmetrical. This was more like work she had been contracted to do than anything truly born out of artistic creativity.

Hm. I thought so too.
Which is why I always say HF doesn't count. :D
I'm thinking the money involved in this is too hard to reject, which is why she could even lower her standards and make HF.

frecklegirl 2007.06.24 06:25 PM

No, I don't think it was about the money. She's already got a fuckton of it, remember? And she's never been the greedy type.

I think it was out of loyalty/friendship to the woman who directed the movie, Ninagawa, who was already friends with Ringo. I think she approached Ringo, who agreed because she was friends with her. And she probably thought the project sounded cool, too.

Now, because they were time-crunched, I don't think it means Ringo half-assed the job. The songs still are very well put-together, for pre-released material (their ability to attract and hold fans who knew almost nothing of Ringo before--cough--and didn't realize this was a prehash speaks to that). And she did come up with some new songs. But she simply didn't have the time she normally would have had to work with, so she had to make do with what she had. She still worked very hard on HF, but she was limited in it, I think. That's the root of all the problems.