Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

Inseu 2015.06.07 11:00 AM

Welcome Vorpax!

K__ 2015.06.30 03:24 PM

Hello, I'm K, from London UK. I recognise some of your usernames from last.fm shoutboxes and tumblr. I lurk here every now and then and I thought I may as well make an account. Hi!

zeroryouko 2015.06.30 03:25 PM

Hello and welcome!

Vorpax 2015.07.18 07:05 AM

Welcome, K!

ArikitarinaOnna 2015.07.21 03:28 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm Léna from France. I'll live soon in Nagoya.
I'm a huge fan of Sheena Ringo and all she did.
Nice to meet you ;)

zeroryouko 2015.07.21 08:38 AM

Nice to meet you too, ArikitarinaOnna. Welcome!

tsukigimehime 2015.07.21 08:50 PM

I worked at a pizza place in high school because of MaruSa. (peace sign emoji)

deadgrandma 2015.07.21 09:14 PM

Hmm, you sound familiar. Trying to figure out who you are on last.fm

:-p

tsukigimehime 2015.07.21 09:16 PM

I only technically have a last.fm account but have basically never used it, so I would be surprised if you knew who I was! B)

deadgrandma 2015.07.21 09:30 PM

Ok no worries. Are you on JPS? The way you write is familiar

tsukigimehime 2015.07.21 09:33 PM

I am, but I've never commented afaik... just a common internet personality, I guess :waa:

deadgrandma 2015.07.21 09:36 PM

If you say so

I'm onto you! :-p

fernan1234 2015.08.09 05:03 AM

Oh dear, I lurked here for a while and totally forgot that I was not even posting for two years!

Maybe I'll start posting now, if this counts as an "introduction" (such a quirky old-fashioned thing to do in forums, it's like I'm back in 2000).

zeroryouko 2015.08.09 10:43 AM

Welcome!

Kitty 2015.08.18 10:09 PM

Hello! I'm mainly an Oomori Seiko fan, and well, this looks like the place to talk about her music! Stumbled across a video on youtube some time ago, and well, I quickly fell into the rabbit hole. Not a great self introduction, but I think I'll have more to say about her music ;)

zeroryouko 2015.08.18 10:34 PM

Welcome Kitty!

Ultra Blue 2015.10.09 10:20 AM

Hey, new here.
I'm a really-really new Ringo fan, Not for even a month yet. I mean, of course i knew of her since her Utada duet but never really gave her a chance until I found Shousho Strip and koko de kiss shite CD on a secondhand shop, fell in love and now i'm here :)

zeroryouko 2015.10.09 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Blue (Post 96685)
Hey, new here.
I'm a really-really new Ringo fan, Not for even a month yet. I mean, of course i knew of her since her Utada duet but never really gave her a chance until I found Shousho Strip and koko de kiss shite CD on a secondhand shop, fell in love and now i'm here :)

Welcome! It's always great to see that Ringo is still attracting new fans.

Inseu 2015.10.11 12:45 PM

Welcome Ultra Blue.

ipahpfge 2015.10.15 08:38 PM

nike free

7 April 15, Li Ning company hand in hand millet ecological chain enterprises of China Science and technology in Beijing officially released two with super high price of smart shoes -- strong Chun intelligent edition price 399 yuan, rabbit version of the smart price of 199 yuan -- two smart shoes will be in lynx exclusive debut on July 28. Li Ning, the company founder Mr. Li Ning, wammy technology founder Huang Mr. attended the conference, millet company CEO Lei Jun, chairman and Mr. also as a guest appearance the conference site. Li Ning brand through the two smart shoes launched, China Science and technology work together to actively advocate fresh and interesting intelligent running way of life, committed to stimulate the mass movement of cells with specialized equipment, intelligent motion and enrich people's sports life. This two products in the Li Ning SMART and millet mobile cloud big data technology platform based on the core research and development, to create professional equipment + intelligent hardware + Mobile Internet + data analysis and sharing, and other four dimensional smart platform, to provide consumers with a wide range of running tests, to open the new era of Li Ning brand into the Internet + sports life experience. < p > the release of two Li Ning smart shoes, 399 yuan Chun lie intelligent version of the commitment to the ultimate experience for the runners to provide a stable moderate shock; 199 yuan red rabbit, numerous for brief, concentrating perfect entry-level run the most slow earthquake and light weight function point. Two pairs of shoes in the bottom in the shoe arch implanted wammy Zhi Xin, real-time acquisition of run data, then by virtue of the professional data,nike free run pas chere, algorithms, including before and after the conventional distance, pace, route, calorie consumption function and two exclusive features: - Palm landing state analysis and precise frequency monitoring measuring full movement report --, app by millet motion feedback to consumers, thus completing the from front run interaction and data transmission analysis, to the client presentation, to a key social sharing and a series of intelligent running new experience. At the same time, the pursuit of the ultimate performance of wammy intellectual core also remarkable -- through intelligent dormancy mode to the thoughtful design, the wammy intellectual core of battery life can reach more than 1 year, exempt from the consumer from running shoes in frequent out charging chip inconvenience, truly make intelligent running no sense into daily life. < p > in addition to before and after palm landing state analysis and precise frequency monitoring two exclusive features outside, relying on Millet motion app tens of millions of active users, Li Ning smart shoes in the social interaction experience focus on force, gradually on the line of professional training program, friends urged challenge, mileage points for purchase and other social function reflects the Li Ning smart shoes force will run the friends circle, circle of friends, life circle multi circle interaction and integration, open and lead the Chinese intelligent running way of life ambition of foresight. < p > "Li Ning smart shoes attempt is not only product innovation experience and break the price barrier, is in the wave of Internet + build three-dimensional ecological circle, make intelligent running no sense into the life of the Chinese people." Mr. Li Ning in the conference mentioned so that each consumer can easily enter Chi run times is research and development of intelligent running shoes in the beginning of the heart and power. China Science and technology founder and CEO Huang Wang expressed to jointly open Lining Zhi >

suadienbachkhoa 2015.10.18 03:55 AM

i'm Bach Khoa from Vietnam. My site is : Sua chua dien nuoc

Migoto 2015.10.24 06:18 AM

Hi there. Long time no see. :P

poopy 2015.12.01 07:44 PM

Yo. Honestly...not sure what I'm doing here...but, hey! what's up?

Heaven_Smile 2015.12.25 09:26 AM

Hey there!

I've been listening to Ringo's music regularly these last few months. KSK is definitely my favourite of hers, since I love pop music that's both experimental and accessible. I also enjoy Tokyo Jihen's brand of jazz rock.

Though this community seems very passionate and friendly, I must say that the main reason I'm here is because I've encountered what seems to be a strange digital glitch on the last track of Adult (Tegami), at exactly 1:23. I've bought the CD twice, but both copies have the exact same glitch! I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem. I'd love to find this track without the glitch, even if it's mp3 quality, so I could do a cross-fade or something, but since I don't live in Japan, it's pretty much impossible to buy Ringo's music online.

I must say I've been losing sleep over this, so I guess it makes me a worthy fan!

zeroryouko 2015.12.25 10:41 AM

Hello and welcome, Heaven_Smile!

I made a thread to discuss your issue: Audio Glitch in Adult CD

zordon 2015.12.25 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven_Smile (Post 97358)
Hey there!

I've been listening to Ringo's music regularly these last few months. KSK is definitely my favourite of hers, since I love pop music that's both experimental and accessible. I also enjoy Tokyo Jihen's brand of jazz rock.

Though this community seems very passionate and friendly, I must say that the main reason I'm here is because I've encountered what seems to be a strange digital glitch on the last track of Adult (Tegami), at exactly 1:23. I've bought the CD twice, but both copies have the exact same glitch! I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem. I'd love to find this track without the glitch, even if it's mp3 quality, so I could do a cross-fade or something, but since I don't live in Japan, it's pretty much impossible to buy Ringo's music online.

I must say I've been losing sleep over this, so I guess it makes me a worthy fan!

Welcome.

zee 2016.02.24 03:00 AM

Hi, I'm zee.
Had the good fortune to see Ringo play live twice last year - rijf and 百鬼夜行 :)

deadgrandma 2016.02.24 03:01 AM

Zee do I know you by any chance? :-p

zee 2016.02.24 03:10 AM

I don't think so - even though I live in Japan none of my friends share my interest in SR :(

deadgrandma 2016.02.24 03:14 AM

Ok no worries. Just I know someone who also went to both them shows

zeroryouko 2016.02.24 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zee (Post 97780)
Hi, I'm zee.
Had the good fortune to see Ringo play live twice last year - rijf and 百鬼夜行 :)

Hello and welcome, zee!

chestnutflowers 2016.05.06 12:40 PM

Hey, I've been a fan since 2013 and as my name suggests, my favorite album of Ringo's is KSK. Not sure what else to say. :P

zeroryouko 2016.05.06 12:46 PM

That's a great username. Welcome!

It's always great when a new fan joins. How did you come to be a Ringo fan?

chestnutflowers 2016.05.06 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 98169)
That's a great username. Welcome!

It's always great when a new fan joins. How did you come to be a Ringo fan?

Thank you for the warm welcome! I heard a couple of her songs (I think they might have been Shuukyo, Gamble and Karisome Otome?) on some blog years ago. I was impressed with her range of styles and voice (I usually like unique vocalists), so I sought out her discography and the rest is history.

zeroryouko 2016.05.06 01:05 PM

Nice! I first heard her on a blog too - I've long since forgotten which one, but the song was Sid to Hakuchuumu, back in 2003. Ringo is definitely responsible for my love of, as you say, unique vocalists.

FigDragon 2016.05.14 07:15 AM

Hey everyone!I'm a little nerd that listens to Ringo all the time.Nice to meet you people!!

zeroryouko 2016.05.14 09:42 AM

Hello and welcome, FigDragon!

batlashes 2018.04.20 06:33 AM

Hello! I've loved the music of Shiina Ringo since about 2002. I absolutely swear I not only posted before but posted a lot around 10 years ago but I don't see any post history or anything and I've been blocked from posting on the main forum until I post here.

Tokyo Jihad 2018.04.20 08:26 AM

I remember you!!

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.04.20 12:06 PM

Ayyyy! :hmph:

zeroryouko 2018.04.20 12:08 PM

Welcome back!

ecco27 2018.04.20 04:31 PM

Hi! I'm a pathetically new Ringo fan.

zeroryouko 2018.04.20 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecco27 (Post 98267)
Hi! I'm a pathetically new Ringo fan.

That's OK! Welcome!!

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.04.20 05:08 PM

Is it really proper to act as though the people are coming back (and thus 'welcomed') when it was EMF that LEFT US!!! :o

zeroryouko 2018.04.20 05:17 PM

If memory serves, technically you left EMF before EMF left us...

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.04.20 05:18 PM

LMAO! My ghost was always here tho!

monochrome 2018.04.20 09:37 PM

hi

monochrome 2018.04.20 09:40 PM

i didn't mean to post that one yet, i was gonna say i've been a fan since last year and my favorite album is ksk or shouso strip, can't really decide

zeroryouko 2018.04.20 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monochrome (Post 98287)
i didn't mean to post that one yet, i was gonna say i've been a fan since last year and my favorite album is ksk or shouso strip, can't really decide

Both excellent choices. Glad to see people who appreciate the old-school stuff.

Welcome!

Jumorocaco 2018.06.03 02:21 PM

Hi there!
I've been a fan since 2010.
It's great that the forum is back

zeroryouko 2018.06.03 02:55 PM

Welcome to the forums, Jumorocaco!

Lena-chan 2018.06.03 11:58 PM

Welcome Jumorocaco /o/
Your nickname is great
I have no idea what it means, but it sounds great!!!

Jumorocaco 2018.06.04 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 98823)
Welcome Jumorocaco /o/
Your nickname is great
I have no idea what it means, but it sounds great!!!

:lol:
They're my kitties' names:
JUni, MOntesquieu, ROusseau, CAnela, COcoa.

:D :D :D :D :D

Osiris12345 2018.06.04 09:14 PM

Big welcome to Jumorocaco & monochrome!

Always happy to see fresh faces! :D

Lena-chan 2018.06.05 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumorocaco (Post 98827)
:lol:
They're my kitties' names:
JUni, MOntesquieu, ROusseau, CAnela, COcoa.

:D :D :D :D :D

AWWWWWW
I also have a cat, her name is Luciola
she is the proud queen of the house
me and my mom are actually her human pets
Now that I live in another continent I miss her so much
;______;

Rhiina Singo 2018.08.08 01:38 AM

Hello! Is the beat still goes on?
I'm first discovered TJ in 2008 (Sounan, Dynamite Out concert, cool female vox+guitar and fabulous guitarist), not really SR fan back then but I admire her looks.
I considered Daihakken as their masterpiece, its the pinnacle of their musicality, you can feel the magic on Discovery live tour.

zeroryouko 2018.08.08 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhiina Singo (Post 98992)
Hello! Is the beat still goes on?
I'm first discovered TJ in 2008 (Sounan, Dynamite Out concert, cool female vox+guitar and fabulous guitarist), not really SR fan back then but I admire her looks.
I considered Daihakken as their masterpiece, its the pinnacle of their musicality, you can feel the magic on Discovery live tour.

Yep, we're still here! Welcome!

I personally am more of a fan of her solo work, but I think Daihakken is probably the most underrated TJ album. Osorubeki Otonatachi, Kinjirareta Asobi, Sora ga Natte Iru, and Onna no Ko wa Dare demo are some of my favorite TJ songs.

Rhiina Singo 2018.08.08 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 98993)
Yep, we're still here! Welcome!

I personally am more of a fan of her solo work, but I think Daihakken is probably the most underrated TJ album. Osorubeki Otonatachi, Kinjirareta Asobi, Sora ga Natte Iru, and Onna no Ko wa Dare demo are some of my favorite TJ songs.

Thanks! Please keep this forum alive!
That some songs I appreciatte the most, plus Relative vs. Absolute live tour arrangement.
As I grew older I am more and more into her solo, music-wise.
But my most favorite thing is how TJ/SR represent themselves from every aspects. It's not just about music

Lena-chan 2018.08.09 05:45 AM

welcome!!!
/o/
and please don't be scared with all our complaints about SR/TJ
XD

Rhiina Singo 2018.08.09 06:42 AM

Heyo! thanks!
Naah~ everyone can have their opinion,
it's a good thing actually, it means you still care.

forajidodesiempre 2018.09.08 08:47 AM

Hello e__e

greetings from argentina

forajidodesiempre 2018.09.08 08:50 AM

Searching OBI scans of Tamahimesama /vinyl LP

Hi everyone, somebody could share scans of the OBI (LP) of Tamahimesama, first Jun Togawa's album.
Unfortunately my copy don't have it :(

Greetings

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.09.09 10:23 PM

Is this any good? I really can't be bothered digging the scanner out!

forajidodesiempre 2018.09.13 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) (Post 99054)
Is this any good? I really can't be bothered digging the scanner out!

Is not enough. It has to be a scan because i want to do a copy for my LP :'(
Thanks anyway

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.09.13 08:29 PM

Wouldn't it be quite difficult to make a fake obi given how long they are compared to the size of a piece of printer paper? Surely easier to just grab another copy of the record that has one on auction? It's not an expensive record by any stretch.

Fake obi's seem really odd to bother with...

forajidodesiempre 2018.09.14 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) (Post 99066)
Wouldn't it be quite difficult to make a fake obi given how long they are compared to the size of a piece of printer paper? Surely easier to just grab another copy of the record that has one on auction? It's not an expensive record by any stretch.

Fake obi's seem really odd to bother with...

I have a friend who can print the scan with no problem.

about the other question, i live in argentina. :(

Inseu 2018.09.16 04:14 PM

Don't get the obsession with OBI at all.

Welcome to the forum.

forajidodesiempre 2018.10.25 02:20 PM

Okay... thanks ñ___ñ

somebody has a torrent link of jun togawa's "teichiku works" dvds?

I checked "rutracker" but it doesnt have it

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.10.26 01:28 PM

All your posts are just asking for Togawa stuff...

forajidodesiempre 2018.10.26 03:39 PM

yes! i could talk about babasonicos 90's era too :)

TeslaGuy 2018.10.29 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forajidodesiempre (Post 99194)
yes! i could talk about babasonicos 90's era too :)

Talk about whatever you like, just do it in the appropriate thread. I think you have been adequately introduced by this point.

Lena-chan 2018.10.30 01:46 AM

these last 3 replies were the funniest interactions we've had for a while in these forums XD

TurtleFu 2018.10.31 06:44 PM

Apparently I am "THE" turtlefu, and I was asked to come back lol

I haven't been on in a while because of life but also my love for Ringo has died down considerably :(

EDIT: I just realized that "Ash" on AramaJapan was deadgrandma haha

Inseu 2018.10.31 07:23 PM

deadgrandma 2018.10.31 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 99219)
I haven't been on in a while because of life but also my love for Ringo has died down considerably :(

If your love for Ringo had gone UP considerably, then you'd have a problem

Fauxie 2018.10.31 10:40 PM

Hey. First time joining a SR board. I like her music, old and new with very few exceptions (though not all equally lol), and the TJ stuff too.

TurtleFu 2018.11.01 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 99226)
If your love for Ringo had gone UP considerably, then you'd have a problem

I remember all those years ago when everybody was complaining about Ringo's new direction I thought they were just crying wolf for no reason. Nope, they were pretty much right.

Lena-chan 2018.11.01 12:54 AM

welcome Fauxie /o/
don't be afraid to express your opinions here, even though most people might not share the same opinions about her new stuff XD

And how is your career going turtleflu? (the last time I read one of your posts was about your career O.o)

TurtleFu 2018.11.01 03:03 AM

My career has been busy and extremely stressful. I am trying to wrap up my thesis and graduate on time but beginning to think it's not gonna happen.
But I've been doing a lot of really exciting work, I was in Japan this summer doing field work.

Tokyo Jihad 2018.11.01 06:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 66077

Fauxie 2018.11.01 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 99230)
welcome Fauxie /o/
don't be afraid to express your opinions here, even though most people might not share the same opinions about her new stuff XD

And how is your career going turtleflu? (the last time I read one of your posts was about your career O.o)

Thanks. Having been a member of a well-known Prince fansite that's had its share of drama, among fans who frequently disagree over what's good and what's not, that shouldn't be a problem. My feelings about it are that nothing is taken away by the newer music. It all adds something, even if at times it doesn't add all that much lol. No point being precious about, say, 1998-2003's output. It's still there, as it ever was.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.11.01 04:24 PM

There is no bad music from Prince tho?

I disagree about the new music not subtracting from the old. If the message is so starkly anti-everything that was stood for and transmitted previously, it leads you to question the overall authenticity of it in the first place. A legacy can be tarnished.

Fauxie 2018.11.01 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) (Post 99239)
There is no bad music from Prince tho?

I disagree about the new music not subtracting from the old. If the message is so starkly anti-everything that was stood for and transmitted previously, it leads you to question the overall authenticity of it in the first place. A legacy can be tarnished.

There's some dreadful music by Prince. I think I dislike more music by Prince than I do by any other artist I listen to, but then that's because he just made so much music.

Is the message now so anti-everything? Actually proactively anti? Are we talking strictly musically or stuff outside of that? The thing I liked most about Ringo as far as what surrounds the actual music was her being hands on, being the boss, being a woman in control of her art in a man's world. As far as that's concerned, nothing's changed, has it? The music's just gone soft and the lyrics lack the fire in the belly, is all, which happens to almost every decent artist as they age. It's so common I just can't muster the energy to lament it all that much, honestly. It would've been a big surprise had Ringo not ended up where she is now.

Fauxie 2018.11.01 05:28 PM

I've only lurked here very occasionally in past years so not really seen many threads, but I can imagine you've already had such conversations a million times over on here lol

deadgrandma 2018.11.01 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxie (Post 99241)

The thing I liked most about Ringo as far as what surrounds the actual music was her being hands on, being the boss, being a woman in control of her art in a man's world. As far as that's concerned, nothing's changed, has it?

She's literally selling APRONS, OVEN MITTS and FREEZER BAGS at her latest shows. She hasn't had a single track that wasn't selling a product since 2014/15. It's totally changed.

But it's all good. Jun Togawa is back in a big way and she has dropped the ball for me. Seiko Oomori is also going strong too, can't complain at all if you're into her really.

Fauxie 2018.11.01 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 99243)
She's literally selling APRONS, OVEN MITTS and FREEZER BAGS at her latest shows. She hasn't had a single track that wasn't selling a product since 2014/15. It's totally changed.

But it's all good. Jun Togawa is back in a big way and she has dropped the ball for me. Seiko Oomori is also going strong too, can't complain at all if you're into her really.

I don't really have a problem with the merch. In the TJ days they always sold all kinds of shit. We've all gotta eat. They're just novelty items, a bit of fun, as I see it, and not all that out of character at all. I feel a little more bothered by the music selling products, but it's not just Ringo that's changed. The whole industry has. I dunno, I can see why it really bothers people. Maybe I've gone soft and lost the fire in my belly as I approach 40, too, explaining my reaction. I just find it hard to really care that much. The early stuff still does it for me just the same, and occasionally a later track will do it for me to a degree. Nearly all of it I can listen to from time to time without skipping. I don't think I have many expectations of her. If she's doing what she wants to do, that still trumps everything in some ways for me, as far as authenticity. Ok, I know that's a stretch lol, but on some level I think it's valid. She's not making the music you wish she would. If she still were, would that be authentic? Evidently she's hell bent on going the direction she's going, for better or worse. I haven't lost any respect for her. I don't know her, after all.

deadgrandma 2018.11.01 05:57 PM

She's making the music I liked from her 10 years ago...

But hasn't changed it up much, just phones it in. It's old, worn out and pointless.

I just think she should retire rather than do what she's doing is all, it's an embarrassment. She never seems like she WANTS to do it, so why keep doing it?

The theory I'm going on inside is that she's just playing it out till the Olympics and will quit after that. It's a lot of suffering for fans though, who haven't had a meaty, memorable release for a long, long time.

As for the merch, 55,000 yen (US $550) for an umbrella isn't just some novelty item...

BTW, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I wasn't always this negative about Shiina Ringo. I even supported Variety against all the naysayers. It's not just bad music (which can be moved on from quickly enough with another release) she's outputting anymore, it's her whole persona that stinks right now. I just can't defend her at all anymore, it's become a running joke at this point.

Also, offtopic but, uggh whats with the automatic spacing going on here? It's fucking annoying.

Fauxie 2018.11.01 06:08 PM

I feel like she should at least try going in the studio and making one more actual, new album before calling it a day. Imagine, that's a novelty at this point lol. I mean, I hear you. This was always coming though, I think. I can still put it all on shuffle, for whatever reason. I find I'm just not mad at her, like hardly at all. Nobody I know likes her anyway, not even the 'good stuff'. My fandom's been influenced by basically no one outside of myself and my own tastes and opinions. Maybe somebody should've told me she now sucks.

Fauxie 2018.11.01 06:16 PM

This forum is basically dead, isn't it.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.11.01 06:28 PM

You're about a decade late... Even then I think we might have peaked! :lol:

@Glath do you have any historical site traffic info?

Imma go on a limb and say HF dropping was the busiest era? Maybe Variety? That was pretty busy being a civil war and all!

zeroryouko 2018.11.01 06:35 PM

Up until the spammers started taking over, the front page of the site used to say that the most users ever online was in 2009, IIRC.

The apron and mitts are more of a sign of who her fans are now than anything else. I doubt Ringo herself is doing much baking, but the (now) middle-aged women who listen to her probably do.

Tokyo Jihad 2018.11.02 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxie (Post 99251)

Not dead, we're in the post-backlash era.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.11.02 11:21 AM

Wherever in the world a disgruntled Ringo fan remains, so does EMF.

Lena-chan 2018.11.04 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxie (Post 99251)

Quite the opposite!
We've spent 2 years offline, and now we are finally back from death
so maybe we are ... zombies?
Anyway, it takes a while for the rigor mortis to go away and we become fully functional and dynamic again

Inseu 2018.11.04 07:31 PM

TOP 5 TURTLES ATTACKED AND CONSUMED BY JAGUAR, LION, CROCODILE, HYENA, TIGER

Fauxie 2018.11.18 05:24 PM

lol your news forum hasn't had a new post in over two and a half years.

I never had any time for any music/artist forums, spending all of my time on prince.org. Many people left in the late 00s and many of us would call that place dead now (General Discussion, where the fun and lasting friendships happened, not the music forums, which are still very popular), but this is something else. Going through all the old threads here is fun for me though. The interactions remind me so much of my experience on the Prince fansite (although I'm only an observer in this case), it's just they're about SR/TJ. Same kinds of discussions and banter though. I'm filling in gaps with music and trivia, too, in a mad rush to get all my Ringo-related stuff in order by the end of the year while I have the time. I wonder how much I'll listen to Ringo after that, though, or indeed visit this site. I think I might be getting a bit sick of her after a month or two of only her, pretty much. I just need to maintain my enthusiasm a little longer and then she can go back to her place among my top 5-ish artists.

mizer_unmei 2018.11.28 01:39 AM

I legit just stick with Ringo from MM to HF. The b side album is gold too. Other than that I can’t be bothered. I read a Reddit post that Sunny was good and now that I have a streaming service I should at least give it a listen. Buuuuut I don’t. Heh.

15 years after first loving it I STILL go back to tadashii machi on the regular and get SO emotional over the whole “it doesn’t have momochi beach or you or the muromi river” part. Aaaaah it’s so good.

deadgrandma 2018.11.28 03:06 AM

Sunny onwards is the worst shit that ever happened to her

zeroryouko 2018.11.28 09:38 AM

Sunny isn't terrible. It's not great as a whole album, and the mastering borders on unlistenable, but with only a couple of exceptions, the individual songs are good. In fact, if you haven't listened to anything she's done after HF, you'll find some real gems on it.

Although...if you really haven't listened to anything after HF, I'd listen to Sanmon Gossip first.

mizer_unmei 2018.11.28 11:03 AM

Nah I was really into TJ stuff and Sanmon Gossip as it was coming out. The only stuff I go back to is the b-side album and before. The 2013 single is the last new song I heard from her though. I LOVED IT and the video but I just dropped off after that.