Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

deadgrandma 2011.03.20 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 72989)
I guess I should have posted here earlier.
Hi! I've actually been lurking here for a while, I only just recently made an account. I used to be into idols, but that is LONG past me. I love Shiina's music, it has completely changed my tastes. Before, I listened to Kesha and Japanese idols. Now I listen to Shiina and bands like Tegan and Sara

My opinions about Shiina are probably very contrary to what most people like.
I love Jazz Shiina more than Rock Shiina. That means I like Heisei Fuuzoku, Adult, SG, and KZK.
I don't like Shouso Strip a lot. I do like MM, though, because of its Kayoukyoku influence.
My favorite song is probably Meisai.

I like Variety, even though I feel like Shiina is a stronger songwriter than the rest of TJ. She should at least write the majority of the songs on any given album (at least one more than Izawa or Uki does), and arrange almost all of them.
I do like Izawa's songs though, like Denpa Tsuuchin, Kingyo no Hako, and Killer Tune.

Outside of Shiina, (within Japan), I like Utada Hikaru, Rie fu, Bonnie Pink. I also like Jasmine, Shimizu Shota, and Kato Miliyah.
Outside Japan, I like both Top 40 and "Indie" music.
Oh, and I'm a huge Amanda Palmer fan.

Holy shit, your Ringo tastes are EXACTLY the same except my fave song is Souretsu by SR and Pinnochio by TJ. Amanda Palmer is very cool too.

TurtleFu 2011.03.21 06:37 AM

Souretsu was mind blowing! The first time I heard it, I was listening to it in the middle of an independent study and I just started crying my eyes out!

Oh, I also love the Baishou Ecstasy versions of most KZK songs than their KZK versions.

frecklegirl 2011.04.11 06:46 AM

Welcome new members :)

xephyr 2011.05.11 09:31 AM

Hey, just discovered EMF, I've been a fan of Shiina for a few months now but I've just been sucked into listening to almost all her work more the last month or so. I'm actually kind of a metalhead, and I'm assuming most of the fans here are just Jpop/pop fans, with some people just having broad tastes. I read through a lot of the posts a couple days ago in search of PV/dvd info that wiki doesn't have and it's been helpful, thanks.

Didn't feel like bumping the old post of "listening to Utada leads to listening to Shiina": I did like Utada but only because of her song in Kingdom Hearts, which I watched my friends play years ago. I can't really remember how I came across Shiina but she's easily my favorite non-metal Japanese artist. I love that each of her new albums, whether its TJ or her solo work, has something different and she does a pretty good job at making it catchy yet distinctive from whatever big influence was behind that album (free Jazz, orchestral).

I post a lot on the SR/TJ pages on last.fm, I'm mistatwinkies there. Nice to meet you all!

justriiingo 2011.05.11 05:19 PM

Welcome on board xephyr the metalhead.

kourai 2011.06.05 02:57 AM

Well, hello!
I think I've been coming and going from this forum for a couple of years, but it's been ages since the last time I came around.
I was kind of gossiping here and there, felt a bit nostalgic and decided to *cof* retrieve my password cause I no longer remembered it *cof* and join again...

Sooo... hello!

frecklegirl 2011.06.06 06:31 AM

Welcome back kourai :)

Tokyo Jihad 2011.06.06 08:25 AM

Welcome back Kourai! I had often wondered what happened with you!

Tisheena V. Manzana 2011.06.06 09:43 AM

Welcome Back Kouā™„!!!!!! So glad to see you againn

bienvenida de nuevo amiga C:

frecklegirl 2011.06.10 06:16 AM

ahhhhh and welcome back TISHEENA!!!!