Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ringo 15th Anniversary Releases 13.11.2013 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2086)

ShadyNook 2013.09.11 04:36 PM

sheeit...my monies

oh well *cancels ps4 preorder*

Electric Mole on bluray! Count me in.

TurtleFu 2013.09.11 05:46 PM

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS.
She really does love us!
I don't care what any of y'all say, I can die happy now that Electric Mole is on Blu Ray!!! (and maybe FINALLY we will get the full versions of Koufukuron and Ringo no Uta!!!)

EDIT: This is probably limited edition, but I will never be able to afford it. Oh, well. Maybe if it's still in stock by the Spring and I get some massive scholarships I can waste $300 on it

Nimh 2013.09.11 08:03 PM

Just ordered everything except the Mitsugetsusho CD, as it's not yet available on CDJapan. Total was EXACTLY 40000 yen, and I was happy to see the exchange rate for once.

deadgrandma 2013.09.11 08:17 PM

I think people are putting their hopes up a bit if they think theyre gonna get full versions of Koufukuron/Ringo No Uta on Electric Mole. GX is most likely gonna be an upscale... I have my doubts about HS too...

Just take the fucking ringing out of Ringohan, don't do any of that awful digital sharpening like Universal's early blu ray everything and I'm happy.

Entryâ„–1 2013.09.11 08:44 PM

These re-releases are so extensive, they make me wonder if SR really is retiring. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I never thought we'd see the Bacharach collab being released.

deadgrandma 2013.09.11 08:49 PM

^ Well, you know there'll be at least one more release after this cause the 3 latest PVs still aren't on the Seiteki Healing Blu Ray set...

Tokyo Jihad 2013.09.12 05:22 AM

Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.

deadgrandma 2013.09.12 05:30 AM

I have just read

"The Blu Ray Live Set will include the Sentou Xstasy concert at Club Quattro."

From a usually very reliable source.

Interesting. And also another reason to be chuffed.

Also, the new picture, BIG SIZE

Inseu 2013.09.12 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 88031)
Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.

It's also kinda embrassing. The picture reminds me of those early days when she performed with that little crown and whip in SM outfits, which you seem to really like. The widely opened legs imply that more babies are on the way.

matan-san 2013.09.12 06:13 AM

I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now. it combines the edginess and risqueness of young Ringo with the more feminine and sexy side of nu-Ringo into one picture. if this picture was shot in 2006 it could've been the perfect cover art for Adult, but I'm not sure Adult-era Ringo would've made such picture.

she does seem to put a little bit of weight (which is a good thing), probably as a result of the pregnancy