Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tokyo Jihen - Phase 3 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=158)

Op2 2007.04.23 04:46 PM

Tokyo Jihen - Phase 3

So when is this happening? Never?
Usually bands inform the fans about their status - especially if the lead vocalist ventures to a side project that spawns an album (and a single, and a vinyl, and DVD-audio).

Is Tokyo Jihen currently in production? Post-production? Menopause?
Shéna did hint in the fan newsletter a while back that she was waiting for Hata to recover, but judging from the Countdown Japan clip, he seems fine (although, bald). But than again, she also did spend the majority of the newsletter talking about how she loves "black peoples" music.

Basically, is anyone aware of any information about Tokyo Jihen's 3rd album?

Rumor: Mirrorball will have a studio recording.

HEDOfloe 2007.04.23 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian (Post 2602)
So when is this happening? Never?
Usually bands inform the fans about their status - especially if the lead vocalist ventures to a side project that spawns an album (and a single, and a vinyl, and DVD-audio).

Is Tokyo Jihen currently in production? Post-production? Menopause?
Shéna did hint in the fan newsletter a while back that she was waiting for Hata to recover, but judging from the Countdown Japan clip, he seems fine (although, bald). But than again, she also did spend the majority of the newsletter talking about how she loves "black peoples" music.

Basically, is anyone aware of any information about Tokyo Jihen's 3rd album?

I can't wait for something new from them either, but do you where I can find a translation of the newsletter?

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.23 05:26 PM

Mirrorball DOES have a studio recording. Just not by Jihen.

justriiingo 2007.04.23 05:31 PM

Quote:

This song is so terribly bad, I'm gonna have to find a way to remove it from the CD if they actually stick it in there.

Op2 2007.04.23 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 2604)
Mirrorball DOES have a studio recording. Just not by Jihen.

Oh, please link me to it.
I was only aware of a live version of it by the Petrolz (Ukigumo's band) that some fan recorded. As far as I know, it has never been recorded in a studio (publically or not).

I would love to hear it. Thanks.

Mad_Mac 2007.04.23 07:20 PM

Quote:

Hata to recover, but judging from the Countdown Japan clip, he seems fine (although, bald).

Eh??? IS the blad guy is really HAta??? Since i heard they have the replacement for Hata, and he don't look like Hata in someway. Are you really sure it's him??

Maou 2007.04.23 07:53 PM

^ Yeah, that's definitely Hata.

What's this about a Phase 3? That implies a lineup change instead of simply a new album, but that won't be happening. Not that I wouldn't mind Sugizo or Eric Zay replacing a certain member... Anyway, I predict a new single will be released on June 27 (for obvious reasons).

fluffiethesock 2007.04.23 09:15 PM

Ohs nos! Why don'tja like Mirrorball, justriingo? I love that song to death.

justriiingo 2007.04.23 10:02 PM

I don't remember what Mirrorball sounds like now, which is actually a good thing, because the first time I heard it was during the JCHI live itself and I felt like running out of the concert hall and into a washroom to vomit.

golem09 2007.04.23 10:53 PM

I heard it on time... then I wanted to forget it as fast as I could

...with success

I can't remember the song, only that I didn't like it

And to phase 3:
Yeah, first guitar and piano, now it's turn for dums and bass to leave.
That means, that HZM, Hirama, Hata and kameda will form tokyo jihen phase 4 at the same time they are dismissed (So pahse 3 and 4 will coexist). They just need someone new for vocals...
But instead of taking someone new, they lend Shiina Ringo from phase 3 who will then be in two bands, just like HZM. That would make the confusion PERFECT