Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

W3iHong 2012.02.25 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaffeemann (Post 81873)
Hey there!

Just registerd here after some lurking.
I feel the urgent need to post my opinion in the EMF best TJ song thread!:lol:

DO EEEEEEETZZZ

AND WELCOME!

HAVE SOME DELICIUS CAEKZ

ada1126 2012.02.27 08:37 PM

Hi everyone~ from HK!!

Kingyohime 2012.03.10 04:47 AM

Hey there EMF people, and wow am I late to this party... could I please amend that to fashionably late?

I'm a binational (EU/US) expat translator, which are really just a bunch of fancy words that make it easier to support my music habit and other nerdly pursuits.

I honestly don't know how long I've been into Ringo's music (though Honnou was the gateway drug, and heaven knows you never forget that first time), nor how I didn't end up a member of these forums way sooner, but after seeing how much overlap there was between the community here and the Shiina fanciers on Jpopsuki, I thought it was time. That and it seems like the occasional round of Ukigumo-bashing will make it easier to cope with my recent bout of Jihen withdrawal - and fun to speculate about what's next!

W3iHong 2012.03.10 11:31 PM

Jihen is over so...

Yeah probably speculations are on whether Ringo is coming back, when and with what.

frecklegirl 2012.03.11 11:21 AM

welcome!! Thanks for joining us over here! What languages do you translate?

deadgrandma 2012.03.11 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 82304)
Jihen is over so...

Yeah probably speculations are on whether Ringo is coming back, when and with what.

Duh, its her and Ayumi Hamasaki double trouble next

W3iHong 2012.03.11 08:57 PM

I would rather see Ringo collaborate with ayama japan for maximum lulz

Kingyohime 2012.03.16 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 82318)
welcome!! Thanks for joining us over here! What languages do you translate?

Thanks kindly! I've been a frequent Nostalgic Lavendar visitor for a few years now, and your mentions of EMF also led me here.

I'm primarily a Japanese-to-English translator, with a bit of the reverse now and then (which is not my preference, being a fairly firm believer in the "translators should translate into their native languages" line of thought, but, well, it pays the bills). Some Greek <-> English now and then too, mainly medical documents and unexciting government-type stuff, although sadly my skills there are now so rusty that I'm not much good as anything other than a proofreader.

frecklegirl 2012.03.17 12:02 PM

yes, I completely agree with you there. I wouldn't be comfortable with E->J translation. @_@

jsmoove5 2012.04.10 11:19 PM

Hey all, I just realised I haven't intoduced myself yet. I have been a fan of Ringo since Sounan, realised she's the same person who sang Mayonaka Junketsu (the only SR song I've heard before via Tokyo ska paradise), and I start looking up her earlier work. Totally got me hooked.

Although I didn't really enjoy the last 3 TJ albums as much as her earlier works, I still enjoy them more than most of the mainstream stuff out there.. so, yeah..

Anyway, nice to meet you all.:)