Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Design the Shiina Ringo: Best of album (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=99)

golem09 2007.04.08 12:25 PM

1.Aozora
2.Hatsukoi Shoujo
3.Poltergeist(KZK)
4.Tsuki ni makeinu
5.Shukyo
6.Meisai
7.Mayonaka wa Junketsu
8.Karisome Otome(Death Jazz)
9.Dynamite
10.Rakujitsu
11.Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo
12.Tasogare Naki
13.Tomei Ningen
14.Gomatsurisawagi
15.Tsumi to Batsu
16.Ichijiku no Hana
17.Kokoro

Wow, that would be one hell of a CD. And for me Kokoro is the definite ending theme

ChickShhh 2007.04.09 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 954)
I seriously can't remember what ichijuku no hana sounds like, but it's not on my SR top 15. :p

It's normal
Just like the floating cloud in the sky
XDD

bebio 2007.04.09 06:12 AM

shouldn't there be, like, a completely new song by Shiina as a bonus track?!? We could make up a song... she could make a cover or something hehe ^^

Jer 2007.04.09 08:43 AM

This is really hard because there isn't a single song I don't like. Finally finalized the order I think. I find it interesting that without really paying attention I started with 9 Jihen songs and ended with 6 solos. I even excluded some solo albums but I like them all too which is strange. I didn't pay any real attention to what album anything came off, just going off the songs I like the most.

1. Kenka Joto
2. Gomatsurisawagi
3. Ringo no Uta [Jihen Version] (both are lovely regardless)
4. Koi wa Maboroshi
5. Shuraba [Adult Version] (more refined, not every song needs awesome solos)
6. Himitsu
7. Gunjyou Byori
8. Sounan
9. Kabuki
10. Kyogenshou
11. Marunouchi Sadistic
12. Honnou
13. Yami ni Furu Ame
14. GIPS
15. Tsumi to Batsu

Linnéa 2007.04.10 11:10 AM

Ichijiku no Hana is amazing, but not in the ear-catching (haha) way that songs should be on a best-of.
...This is going to take quite some time for me...

Koufukuron 2007.04.10 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milk (Post 944)
No!!! You did not just say Ichijiku no Hana is useless. That song is so beautiful.. Its fit for angels! You have to learn to like it.

;__: I have to agree with Loire, its so dry! It makes me want to sleep, and not in the comfy dreamy way. -gun to head-
Who knows, maybe one day it'll grow on me though.

kanzaki 2007.04.10 09:09 PM

Why isn't anyone considering Ringo Catalog as finisher or bonus track? Or even as a starter (eventhough it acts like a spoiler of sorts)? Granted it's not very creative(on our part) or anything, but if anyone wants a 'best of' album, what better way to do it than to have a song itself that is already a 'best of'.

Maybe I'll get started on a list that is based on that. But I wouldn't include any TJ songs though.

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.11 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanzaki (Post 1327)
Why isn't anyone considering Ringo Catalog as finisher or bonus track? Or even as a starter (eventhough it acts like a spoiler of sorts)? Granted it's not very creative(on our part) or anything, but if anyone wants a 'best of' album, what better way to do it than to have a song itself that is already a 'best of'.

A Best Of album is intended to lure in new listeners, and the problem with 'Ringo Catalogue' is that it's not really that catchy or interesting of a song unless you already know all about Ringo. I was never really able to enjoy Ringo Catalogue until I could pick up all the little bits and pieces of songs while listening to it, so I doubt newer fans (and especially those who've never heard Ringo before) would really be able to understand the impact of the song.

justriiingo 2007.04.12 04:03 PM

Here's mine:

1. Honnou
2. Kabukichou no Joou
3. Tsumi to Batsu
4. Yami ni Furu Ame
5. Suberidai
6. Ringo no Uta (single version)
7. Meisai
8. Sounan
9. Omatsuri Sawagi
10. Kurumaya-san (live version)
11. Mayonaka wa Jyunketsu
12. Himitsu
13. Juusui Negai
14. Kokoro
15. Marunochi Sadistic

3 from SS, 2 from MM, 1 from KZK, 3 from Kyoiku, 1 from Adult, 2 singles, 2 b-sides, 1 live.

This album has got to start with Honnou, because that's where I started from.

I put Suberdai in because I miss the young girl singing it. There's a certain innocence and optimism that I don't hear in Ringo's songs anymore. It was a tough call between Suberidai and Aozora, which I think captures the same feeling in a more laid-back way.

I adore Kurumaya-san just because I love how TJ juxtaposed a traditional enka melody to a jazz/rock instrumentation. And it works beautifully, especially in the DO live.

As for Kokoro, it's a slightly different TJ sound that is more relaxed and restrained. No one is showing off here, it's just everyone doing what they're good at and coming together very nicely.

And finally, Marunochi Sadistic. She plays this in all her lives, and she always looks so happy singing it. So I thought this is the most appropriate track to end the album on a happy note. :)

edit: I intentionally left out some of those ballads (Yume no Ato, Onaji Yoru, Tegami), because they don't really catch my ear until I'm forced to listen to them. (Like on live performances.)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.12 04:12 PM

JustinRiingo gets a gold sticker for putting together one that stirs my fancy. No offense to others who might have sticker-walls such as myself.

I dig it cuz of Kurumaya-san, Suberidai, and Ringo no Uta. I do kinda question whether its strong enough (even the single ver) for a best of.

Also, Gomatsuri Sawagi? hmm..... but still, I think you got some solid choices. Even if some of the choices may be more obscure than normal, I think its cool.

/gold-sticker