Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

frecklegirl 2007.08.30 02:15 PM

Just so you know, this forum doesn't really think inserting random Japanese into your speech makes you cool. Also, Alex is Japanese is Arekkusu (アレックス).

Jonny 2007.08.30 09:34 PM

Don't speak for me! Random other languages IS cool!

Aelxan 2007.08.30 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 15559)
Just so you know, this forum doesn't really think inserting random Japanese into your speech makes you cool. Also, Alex is Japanese is Arekkusu (アレックス).

I didn't make it to be cool... even i'm not good at english -_-

justriiingo 2007.08.31 08:55 AM

We don't and won't blame 2nd language English speakers for not being good at English. Welcome Aelxan!

frecklegirl 2007.08.31 06:01 PM

Its not the English that was the problem... and I've definitely already gotten on to Mugg for inserting random Japanese (IN KANJI) into his speech.

Appeltje 2007.09.01 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 15559)

Sharp...and true:) I can know, cause my name is Alex too. If I got a dime for all the times I had to spell my name in both Alphabet AND Katakana while I was in Japan...:blink:
Though strangely enough a lot of (Japanese) people also wrote アレクス (arekusu) when I pronounced my name in English. Maybe it's somewhere in the middle...

mr. krull 2007.09.03 06:41 PM

Oh man. Introduction time okay.

Hi, my name is Kai and I've been a SR fan for almost a year now. My girlfriend and her family are what got me into her (Tokyo Jihen as well) and since then it's been a great experience.

I'm also an amature musician--so hearing the music has really helped me come into my own and develop style blah blah.

Hi. :]

Maou 2007.09.04 04:21 PM

Hi, Kai. What do you play? Guitar, piano, other? I play a Fender Stratocaster that I put together and wired myself. It's served as my #1 for years, but I'm thinking about putting together a new one or at least putting on a new neck (rosewood or ebony with jumbo frets).

Positron 2007.09.04 05:42 PM

Completely missed this topic. Oops.

Positron's my old MC handle; I usually just go by Dom or whatever crazy variants people come up with.

I used to be on the old board a while back, but random things just started happening and I forgot about it for a while; kinda wish I hadn't missed as much as I had, most notably the influx of sheer awesome. ::points to everyone::

Found about SR by accident, though looking back on it I can't remember how (specifically) it happened, but it was before KZK. Sampled stuff and stayed a fan. Bought some things, found this community, and so far it's been a good ride.

Oh, and thanks to Kameda, I play bass in addition to piano.

justriiingo 2007.09.04 11:44 PM

Like someone mentioned before, if all EM members lived close to one another, we'd make an awesome cover band. Welcome Positron!