Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2012.01.18 - Color Bars (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1906)

LoBFCanti 2012.01.18 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81163)
But, let's be honest, it's basically a screamo pop song.

I can't exactly find the words to say how and why I disagree, but I do. STRONGLY.

Screamo doesn't pull out the same emotion as a man singing so hard his voice cracks. Not for me at least.

deadgrandma 2012.01.20 06:01 AM

My short review:

It's fucking weird, but fairly delightful. Ringo, Uki and Hata take best picks for me, Ringo's especially. Can't say I'm either upset or happy that TJ has broken up, it all depends on whether Ringo goes back to making music.
7.5/10

Im with Jihad, I'd listen to a Hata project, but fuck the other guys.

Hatas voice is the second best to Ringos, hands down. The others sound like dumbasses pretty much. Ringo and Hata shoulda done duets, it woulda been glorious.

Sorry bout the cussing, this Chinese weather has got to me...

kuro_neko 2012.01.21 05:36 PM

random ally found this:

Konya kara Sawagi

TurtleFu 2012.01.21 06:11 PM

That performance was so stiff. Ringo, put some feeling into it. I know you can do way better than that. Gunjou Biyori from Ultra C had passion. What is up with this band? It got a little better at the end.

W3iHong 2012.01.21 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81208)
That performance was so stiff. Ringo, put some feeling into it. I know you can do way better than that. Gunjou Biyori from Ultra C had passion. What is up with this band? It got a little better at the end.

Ringo seems quite distracted for the first song. Ringo's mastery of the microphone is still evident. A down point would be there is no gunshot sound. I don't see why Ringo couldn't bring poppers for gunshot sound :P

Gunjou Biyori has 3 guitars. Ridiculous. I can't see why 3 guitars are needed but for the pursuit of pure awesomeness, I'll accept it.

FadedSun 2012.01.21 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81208)
What is up with this band?

Maybe it has something to do with that breaking up thing? Maybe your heart isn't all there when you just announced you're no longer going to be a band.

kuro_neko 2012.01.21 07:11 PM

I haven't watched again to analyze but many bands use two guitarists, one for lead and another for rhythm, it is possible ringo is just strumming empty chords for ambience and added effect while uki plays lead and uki rhythm, it isn't really so different from when ringo plays guitar during her own concerts to uki's lead.

Tokyo Jihad 2012.01.21 11:19 PM

3 guitars Gunjo has always been an awful iteration.

Entry№1 2012.01.22 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 81217)
3 guitars Gunjo has always been an awful iteration.

Agreed. Maybe Izawa doesn't want to insult HZM by playing his part, which explains why he would play guitar, but it's doubly awkward because HZM composed the song.

:unsure:

thespidereggs 2012.01.22 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entry№1 (Post 81221)
Agreed. Maybe Izawa doesn't want to insult HZM by playing his part, which explains why he would play guitar, but it's doubly awkward because HZM composed the song.

:unsure:

HZM composed Service as well, and Phase 2's iteration of that is pretty trifling. Why does HZM get no love? :hmph: