Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ringo 15th Anniversary Releases 13.11.2013 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2086)

deadgrandma 2014.01.30 07:55 PM

So, there hasn't been too much talk about Sexual Healing Total Care Course 120 Minutes...

I gotta say, once again, like the LiVE set, the audio truly outweighs the rest of it (the PVs are upscaled for the most part, but they do look better than they ever have before). It's nice to see all (don't quote me on that, I could be wrong) the extras in tact, but one thing bothers me a fair bit.

Why on earth are the Sanmon Gossip era PVs not true HD??? They look better than the rest, but they still aren't proper HD like you get with CS Channel, Golden Time Blu Rays... there isn't an excuse for it really, we know they exist in HD, there are HDTV rips that prove this. It is nice to hear them SG songs in 96/24 though, I just find the fact that they are not in 1080p (or i) quite bizarre.

(Note, I did think they were true HD the first time I watched it because they were simply better looking than the content from previous Seiteiki Healings featured on the disc- and the widescreen ones were true 16:9 ratio, but on second viewing, I'm no longer convinced).

Anyone else noticed this? Or am I like the only person who has actually watched the blu ray in full? Man, if the Amazon discount from the LiVE set didn't basically cover the price of this set, I may have been a little madder than I am right now :-p

anonlurker 2014.01.30 10:38 PM

Because EMI? :P

I haven't really bothered with mine to be honest.

Nimh 2014.01.31 07:28 AM

I took a holiday trip and since getting back haven't gotten to the next DVD on my viewing list: the Ringohan concert. Sexual Healing is after that and Senkou.

I want to watch Golden Time again as well.

Nimh 2014.02.01 04:32 PM

Okay, I have just watched Ringohan.

Or rather, I have just listened to the new-and-improved Ringohan, as the picture quality is really beneath comment.

I don't know what to say. Good recording of Shiina's voice, much fuller and detailed, as befits a Blu-ray.

I should dig up what I said about it, if anything, when the original DVD came out. Maybe I had more substantive thoughts about this concert then but I really don't now.

It was nice.

Onto Senkou.

Nimh 2014.02.02 12:04 PM

I just watched the first 2 volumes of Seiteki Healing on the Total Care Course Blu-ray, and I just have to say so far this is a must-own.

The sound is, as expected, just about the best one could hope for. This is different from the concert Blu-rays; these are the studio recordings of the songs upgraded to a level impossible to reproduce on a CD.

Video is touch and go, as the original PVs are all over the place, source-wise. But it is a true remaster and some of the details really pop out. Hot colors are well-contrasted with cooler ones. In Honnou, maybe I'm an idiot, but I never before noticed the bloodmarks on Shiina's right hand. I'm pretty sure it's makeup and not the real thing but on this release it really stands out. Honnou overall really stands out as it's clear why it made her so notorious.

Volume 2 has the Gips and Yami ni furu ame videos, and the visual quality is stunning. The background details have never been so sharp, the color contrast is gorgeous, and with the sound at peak quality they are an extraordinary pair of videos. I have no idea what they mean, but they are great to look at.

deadgrandma 2014.02.02 02:36 PM

The first 3 volumes audio are pretty much MoRA for the most part I reckon.

Nimh 2014.02.24 08:31 PM

I just listened to Mitsugetsu shou again. I can't decide which is better, this or Ukina.

When Yokushitsu came on.....HOLY SHIT WHAT A MIX!!! Seriously, put that sucker on full blast and you won't want it to end. Zazen Ecstasy is beginning to worm its way up past GX as my favorite SR show ever.

TurtleFu 2014.02.24 08:34 PM

Is Mitsugenshou mixes different than just ripping straight from the DVD? Maybe I was wrong to ignore it.

Nimh 2014.02.24 09:09 PM

I'll have to throw in the Zazen Blu-ray again to compare, but I can tell you the CD sounds 100X better than my rip of the DVD audio.

Nimh 2014.05.04 09:43 PM

Testing