Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

Tokyo Jihad 2008.07.12 07:55 AM

When she formed the band: the band WAS NOT that tho!!! >={

a_grumble_cake 2008.07.13 02:47 AM

hey guys!
I finally got to posting here after lurking for a while. I've been a fan since 2005 I think? maybe earlier/later. Hmmm... I guess I'll talk about how I discovered her in the How Did We First Discover thread but I will say that I fell in love with KZK and SS right away. It took me time to get into MM which I thought was a solid debut but nothing more. I'm not sure what changed but these days I actually listen to it quite a often. In fact, I was personally offended when TJ covered the youthful and energetic Marunouchi Sadistic and turned it into something my grandma would hum before falling asleep in front of the tv. Which brings me to TJ- I like them. Not half as much as I like old Ringo but I like them. I like Variety more than Adult YEAH I SAID IT.

It feels weird being in a fandom with fanboys talking about women's feet. I'm too used to being in fandoms with fangirls gushing over some guy's belly button.

jigenbakuda 2008.07.13 07:22 AM

@a_grumble_cake
At least we stop at the feet and don't go into blatant perversion... :)

@ringomaster
Shiina... anal... Do you have a sex tape no one else has seen?

As jigen descends into perverson...

frecklegirl 2008.07.13 09:30 AM

hee hee, grumble cake, what a great screenname!

Jonny 2008.07.13 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake (Post 31749)
It feels weird being in a fandom with fanboys talking about women's feet. I'm too used to being in fandoms with fangirls gushing over some guy's belly button.

Wait a minute. This means you are a fan of... Johnny's?
The only kind of people that like Johnny's are pedofilic house wives. Not even gay men like Johnny's, because they aren't (normally?) pedofiles.

Still, comparing US against THEM... they aren't half the fans we are here.:hmph:

a_grumble_cake 2008.07.13 11:20 AM

@frecklegirl- thanks! people don't recognize it often :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 31776)
Wait a minute. This means you are a fan of... Johnny's?
The only kind of people that like Johnny's are pedofilic house wives. Not even gay men like Johnny's, because they aren't (normally?) pedofiles.

Still, comparing US against THEM... they aren't half the fans we are here.:hmph:

ahhhh spoken like a guy who hasn't been around fangirls long enough! It really doesn't have to be something as obvious as a boy band. Just google "Transformers yaoi" if you don't believe me. Or maybe "Twilight Moms" or "Snape's wives" or something.

btw- I just finished reading your translation of the 10 year interview. Thanks for that! :)

ajo0011 2008.07.15 06:27 PM

Hi, I just joined after lurking for a few weeks. I've been listening to Shiina for a few years now. I'm not as hardcore as some of you but I really enjoy her music. It's nice to meet you all.

Andrew

Jonny 2008.07.15 06:50 PM

Hello, Texan!

You're not Andrew W.K. are you?

ajo0011 2008.07.15 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 31975)
Hello, Texan!

You're not Andrew W.K. are you?

Nope, sorry to disappoint.

Andrew

badtzmaru 2008.07.15 08:18 PM

Yay, I'm glad you joined, Andrew! Welcome, and I hope you post more! Who's Andrew W.K.? @_@

Welcome, grumblecake! Hmm, does your stomach grumble for crumble or carrot cake? o_o

Welcome, Ringomaster! It's nice to have you here! :)