Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

Glathannus 2009.02.20 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecogazoo (Post 46122)
Hi EMF, I have been lurking here for a couple of months, taking in the info & opinions. I first heard of SR in early 2007, but started to really "get it" in November 2008. I'm still in the process of swallowing her whole catalog. Yum! :D

I saw you lurking, and was wondering if you were ever going to post. Honestly I don't think anyone else who has finally posted, had ever pre-lurked more intensely than you have. You can take that as an insult or a compliment, but I'm telling you, ya broke some kind of EMF record.

Quote:

SR is the first artist in the Internet Age who has compelled me to buy the retail product. I already have everything (that I know of) Ringo on file, and most of the audio is lossless...but I still feel the need to have the original Japanese product.

From an Exact Audio Copy standpoint, most peoples' lossless rips are 'wrong' anyhow (including many rips performed with EAC itself if the CD owner doesn't know what they are doing), so being able to rip something yourself is always great.

Quote:

My hat is off to EMF as a very good resource, and also to Frecklegirl whose lyric site is really helpful & entertaining.

She is also one of our admins, and doesn't use her powers when people go to war with her (and they will) over whose subjectively-produced translation is the best. She's about as much a contributor here as she is at her translations website, and it's nice to see someone giving her props, because not everyone does.

ecogazoo 2009.02.20 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 46125)
I don't think anyone else who has finally posted, had ever pre-lurked more intensely than you have.

I figured that might draw some attention, but most of that time was spent in a background tab I while I did something else or didn't turn the PC off. On the other hand, I have read through almost every Shiina-related thread. Haven't spent much time in the lounge, though.

Glathannus 2009.02.20 05:20 PM

I don't presume to know how long you left each page/tab open, and know how long you stared at each one versus how long they remained open. I just noticed that you had gone almost everywhere outside of the EMF Lounge, and most lurkers are more selective than that. They look for one piece of info, they post a question out of nowhere about it if they can't find it, then they're gone.

Contrary to a few of the "forgive my n00bishness" remarks I've seen from people lately, we older members don't look down on newer members if we believe you are actually crawling out of your shell. And it sounds like that's what your are aiming to do, so...

Welcome to EMF. B)

kurarisa 2009.03.25 07:41 PM

Well hello, my name is Risa, 22, living and studying Fine Arts in Los Angeles. I'm straight as an arrow but Shiina definately tends to seduce me to the other team. I think she's an absolute genius, not to mention how amazed I am that she started her career so young. I have too many favorite songs but Stem, Sid to Hakuchuumu and Aozora will always mean something special to me (regardless how many times she performs Stem).

Other than Shiina, I love Radiohead and L'Arc~en~Ciel as well as Ken Hirai, Salyu, Namie Amuro, RIP SLYME, etc.

fluffiethesock 2009.03.25 08:19 PM

Personality aside, your avatar is beautiful, so you should keep posting here. :B

kurarisa 2009.03.25 09:34 PM

Thank you! I painted it actually (watercolor)

frecklegirl 2009.03.25 10:05 PM

Ooh, another Ringo artist! Awesome :) Welcome, kurarisa!

Also welcome--I am kind of late here, sorry--riskyfish (what a great name!!!) and ecogazoo; thank you for the compliments on my site! Also thanks Glath XD although I'm trying to stay away from going to war over translations (or anything) anymore!

merman 2009.03.26 01:32 AM

Kurarisa, welcome! Could you possibly upload that picture in a higher resolution somewhere? :)

Oiran 2009.03.26 02:24 AM

Ohh, kurarisa! Nice fanart! :)
Are you in Deviantart? I think I've seen this picture before...

ShinjiPG 2009.03.26 03:29 AM

I thought you were a guy Kurarisa. It says "Male" in your profile.
Welcome (again), regardless.