Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

mizer_unmei 2009.11.15 02:52 PM

Yaaay Malice Mizer~ I lost the Visual Kei bug long ago, but they are the top of a small number of bands that I still find fantastic and looovely.

s3r3nity 2009.11.15 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momeraths (Post 64492)
I mostly prefer Hello!Project! Ha, some is so addictive :lol:

I just got into Koharu Kusumi of Hello!Project a few days ago. I've been listening to Happy! on repeat for too long...
Welcome to the fandom that is Shiina Ringo. It's kind of consuming :P

momeraths 2009.11.17 07:53 AM

That's good! They're so unique they're heard to fall out of love with, lol. They were my first Japanese band actually :P

Haha, can't say I've listened to that song, but it's a common trait for H!P's songs to get stuck on repeat for days and days.. then you just end up singing it all day and annoying everyone :lol:

And thanks! :D

Princesse-de-Porcelaine 2009.11.26 12:30 PM

Hi there,

my name is Marie-Ève and I'm from the only French-speaking province of Canada. English is my second language. I found EMF through Nostalgic-Lavender, the website Frecklegirl so nicely made to keep SR's translations (thank you SO MUCH for that!)

Shiina is, to me, the supreme model of femininity. I admire how she's not only a talented musician and composer, but also über-original. We're not talking about Lady GaGa who might know how to play piano but hides behind her questionable fashion sense to have fame. Shiina has it all. She's super feminine without being slutty, talented like I've never heard or seen a Japanese solo singer be, that's what I admire her for. My favourite album is Heisei Fuuzoku, even though it seems a lot of people didn't like it. ♥

But other than TJ and SR, I listen to ALI PROJECT, industrial rock band D'espairsRay, Pink Floyd, old 30's jazz and Malice Mizer, to name just the favourites.

So yep, that's it!

kuro_neko 2009.11.26 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princesse-de-Porcelaine (Post 64983)
Hi there,

my name is Marie-Ève and I'm from the only French-speaking province of Canada. English is my second language. I found EMF through Nostalgic-Lavender, the website Frecklegirl so nicely made to keep SR's translations (thank you SO MUCH for that!)

Shiina is, to me, the supreme model of femininity. I admire how she's not only a talented musician and composer, but also über-original. We're not talking about Lady GaGa who might know how to play piano but hides behind her questionable fashion sense to have fame. Shiina has it all. She's super feminine without being slutty, talented like I've never heard or seen a Japanese solo singer be, that's what I admire her for. My favourite album is Heisei Fuuzoku, even though it seems a lot of people didn't like it. ♥

But other than TJ and SR, I listen to ALI PROJECT, industrial rock band D'espairsRay, Pink Floyd, old 30's jazz and Malice Mizer, to name just the favourites.

So yep, that's it!

welcome welcome and bravo on loving Heisei Fuuzoku! I think some of us longtime fans are a bit jaded and don't have the proper perspective to view that work honestly, it is so great to read your post and your opinion of Ringo, like a breath of fresh air!!! :lol: It is funny because most of us love KZK and like the majority of the new Ringo tracks on the album, but yet as a whole dislike the album. Why? I think it is because we were holding out for years for another solo album and when it was released it was publicized as being such. That title was later revoked when Sanmon Gossip came out, which is her truth fourth solo album, anyways...I digress, welcome!

Scribble R 2009.11.26 11:53 PM

I like you, Princesse-de-Porcelaine ;)

Welcome. I agree with kuro neko in that reading your post was like a breath of fresh air.

justriiingo 2009.11.27 09:00 AM

And British Columbia is the Cantonese speaking province of Canada :P
Welcome to EMF Marie-Ève!

darkdisco 2009.11.28 09:56 PM

Hi,

I've been registered and lurking here for awhile, but I thought I should introduce myself if I want to start posting.

I'm 23, from Texas (Houston area), and about to finish my undergrad degree. Currently though I live in the middle of nowhere in central Texas on a farm. Hopefully that's soon to change.

My favorite artist used to be Björk, but Ringo has taken that place now. I like a lot of Japanese music - Number Girl, Yuki, the brilliant green, capsule, Pizzicato 5, Rin Toshite Shigure, Soutaiseiririon, etc - who all seem to be taking over my music collection. Non-Japanese artists I like include Kate Bush, The Smiths/Morrissey, Dengue Fever, The Knife, The Breeders, MIA, Sonic Youth, and so on.

Don't ask me to pick a favorite SR solo record, but Adult is definitely my favorite Jihen album.

kuro_neko 2009.11.28 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkdisco (Post 65072)
Hi,

I've been registered and lurking here for awhile, but I thought I should introduce myself if I want to start posting.

I'm 23, from Texas (Houston area), and about to finish my undergrad degree. Currently though I live in the middle of nowhere in central Texas on a farm. Hopefully that's soon to change.

My favorite artist used to be Björk, but Ringo has taken that place now. I like a lot of Japanese music - Number Girl, Yuki, the brilliant green, capsule, Pizzicato 5, Rin Toshite Shigure, Soutaiseiririon, etc - who all seem to be taking over my music collection. Non-Japanese artists I like include Kate Bush, The Smiths/Morrissey, Dengue Fever, The Knife, The Breeders, MIA, Sonic Youth, and so on.

Don't ask me to pick a favorite SR solo record, but Adult is definitely my favorite Jihen album.

welcome and Adult REPRESENT YO. the album gets mad hate here (not as much as variety, but Adult is miles above Kyouiku as far as the actual finalized studio recordings go. Phase One might be the fan favorite here, but Kyouiku's album was kind of unfortunate).

also, your user name makes me think of dark rooms in gay discos, haha, which is kind of awesome, was that your intention?

darkdisco 2009.11.28 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 65075)
also, your user name makes me think of dark rooms in gay discos, haha, which is kind of awesome, was that your intention?

That definitely works! But no, Dark Disco is a Sugarcubes song. Plus it has a nice sort of a ring to it.