Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

FadedSun 2012.01.17 06:43 PM

So, I'm new here! I decided to join after I found out about TJ disbanding. I'm happy to be a part of the board! My Shiina Ringo journey started with first hearing Tokyo Jihen thru a random blog I came across. I was hooked instantly. I tried to find all the music of hers that I could and absorb all of it. I'm still finding new music from her I haven't heard since coming to this board.

I'm also really into bands and artists from Japan in general. Some of my favorites are: Boris, Sparta Locals, Go!Go!7188, Toddle, Mayumi Kojima,Midori, Zazen Boyz, Number Girl,Utada, Ai Aso,Blood Thirsty Butchers, Boom Boom Satellites, Dir En Grey,Envy, Te',Mono,FLiP,Mass of the Fermenting Dregs,Melt Banana,Mongol800,Nujabes and School Food Punishment.

Sorry, I got carried away looking thru my itunes. Nice to meet you all!

TeslaGuy 2012.01.17 06:57 PM

Welcome, FadedSun!

Tinuszka 2012.02.08 04:51 AM

Hi guys out there, greetings from Romania (however, I'm actually Hungarian)! I hate introducing myself in such a way, but the time may come I would post here, so... First I've heard about SR when I was listening to Soil & Pimp Sessions’ My Foolish Heart. Took only a few seconds to start googling about her, and, I have to admit, I’ve started to dl her works… Since then, I consider SR my favourite female musician, and because of her I’ve become quite interested in Japanese culture, even learning this very interesting language. I just hope a day will come, when I will get the chance to see her live! And, of course, I've already bought a few original release...

D.K.Liu 2012.02.10 02:17 PM

Welcome to EMF, Tinuszka!

I know how you feel about the identity issue (I live in Australia, spent my childhood in South Korea, but am ethnically Chinese). In a globalized world a naive question of 'Where are you from?' doesn't bring up the complete picture.

W3iHong 2012.02.10 03:35 PM

Welcome, Tinuska!

We welcome pirates too. :P

Tinuszka 2012.02.11 02:14 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome :) There is a thing with all this pirating issue. I would probably never discover SR without yout. and file sharing community. But I always try to do my best and buy may favourites’ stuff. And I’m sure many of us proceed the same way.

TeslaGuy 2012.02.12 07:05 PM

Welcome, Tinuszka!

waranghira 2012.02.23 08:36 PM

Oops. Hi!

Made this account for some time now, only posted recently because of the disband thing.

Thanks!

dik426 2012.02.24 10:46 PM

hey,
shiina ringo fan from los angeles

Kaffeemann 2012.02.25 06:50 AM

Hey there!

Just registerd here after some lurking.
I feel the urgent need to post my opinion in the EMF best TJ song thread!:lol: