Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2003.02.24 - Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=23)

Tokyo Jihad 2020.07.28 10:36 AM

album is so fucking good.

milk 2021.01.24 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 100072)
album is so fucking good.

Hey, Jihad, glad to see you're still around

Yea, it's so good I pretty much stopped listening to new releases since Variety.. iPod still goes through this album though.. :D

I'm totally in need of a major catch-up.. There's just so much stuff since then.

HELP!!

Lena-chan 2021.01.26 07:51 AM

Oh milk...
There are some nice new songs since Variety, but they are very sparse!
don't forget to listen to the b-sides

Fauxie 2021.02.24 10:41 AM

Might Fig Flower be Uki's prettiest song?

Lena-chan 2021.02.26 11:20 PM

If by pretty you mean eerie and idyllic then yes

But for me Metro might be the prettiest
because it's groovy, cute, and it makes me think I'm walking around a big city at night just right after a happy date
any song that conjures this image would be prettier for me than a song that makes me think about nature

kalmia 2021.09.11 11:19 AM

I was reading the wiki for this album for some reason and I found out the album was released February 23, 2003.

2003/2/23

I don't know if this is common knowledge among fans but I was amazed to find out after so many years that the symmetry goes further than just track names/album length and all the way to the release date!

NCORE 2022.03.31 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxie (Post 100123)
Might Fig Flower be Uki's prettiest song?

100%

Glathannus 2023.06.04 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalmia (Post 100179)
I was reading the wiki for this album for some reason and I found out the album was released February 23, 2003.

2003/2/23

I don't know if this is common knowledge among fans but I was amazed to find out after so many years that the symmetry goes further than just track names/album length and all the way to the release date!

Some symmetry also went into the original catalog numbers (TOCT-24942 for the CD and TOJT-25152 for the vinyl), but not with any reissue(s) I'm aware of.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2023.06.10 01:14 AM

I really should do a rip of the new release to punish everyone at JPS! It's finding the will to bother putting it on the TT that is the sticking point. :(

Central67 have admitted the original art was lost so they just scanned an existing copy for the new cover art. Mix that with the dodgy wrong lyrics, no obi, poor booklet paper and Spotify mix on the record, the whole thing is a glorified bootleg.

We've fallen so far from the days of Ringo doing everything to an exacting standard and no detail being missed. The only symmetry going on now if it's shit on all sides! It's only the first ever re-release of a candidate for best record ever recorded, so no need to pay much attention, eh?

Absolutely shocking endeavour.