Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Third album: Variety [News] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=326)

Jonny 2007.07.09 08:01 AM

Third album: Variety [News]

Quote:

There are some news over at Tokyo Jihen's webpage today.
Except stating that the OSCA single will be available from tomorrow, July 11, and about the fall tour, they give information about the next album.

The name will be "Variety", or written 娯楽 with kanji which normally reads Goraku, meaning pleasure/amusement. The album includes thirteen songs and will be released September 26, 2007.

The "Killer tune" single will be released August 22. The song is written by keyboardist Izawa Ichiyou, with lyrics by Shiina Ringo.

Sorry, no pictures of any new covers.
Thanks to shiinaringo.se for this information.^_^

justriiingo 2007.07.09 08:39 AM

So "Variety" is the official English title? So she's using it in the "variety show" context. So the album's gonna be like a crazy Japanese variety show? Hmmm.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.07.09 08:47 AM

Hmm. Not really liking or disliking the name. It could mean a number of things for the sound of the album, but I'm expecting the whole thing to be rather light hearted.

Orenji 2007.07.09 09:03 AM

News at last!! Oh, it's written this way "娯楽(バラエティ)", just like "大人(アダルト)". Well, "Goraku" sounds like an eclectic and funny album. Really looking forward it :).

Edit:
Oh, 13 songs?! 2 singles + 11 new songs... Sounds pretty good ^^.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.09 09:21 AM

Ohhh snap, this is cool. The name is a bit weird, methinks, but obviously nothing to get upset about.

I was kind of hoping for something like "The Varied Abilities ~Of Japanese BAND~"

teattum 2007.07.09 10:37 AM

If there was something that I wanted to know, it's so about the future To'Jihen's album. Thank so much for this news!

Now, We have just waitting for this upcoming. Do we'll survive before this so far date?

Anyway we still have singles... even if the song will reappears in this next album.

Teattum who hope to be understand.

Orenji 2007.07.09 11:32 AM

Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?" :blink:

Op2 2007.07.09 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 11840)
Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?" :blink:

To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.

Orenji 2007.07.09 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 11841)
To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.

Okay, thanks but... if you visit this and this page, it doesn't say "Adult" anywhere, but *only* "Otona" (大人).

If you only call it "Adult", you're ignoring part of the title... That's confusing. "Goraku" doesn't mean "Variety" so both titles are correct... aren't them?

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.07.09 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 11841)

Well, the name on the cover says adult, so I'd guess that's the official title.:hmph: