Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Associated Artists (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   H ZETT M (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=514)

Orenji 2010.10.06 04:55 AM

Apparently he is releasing a cover mini-album on November 1st, titled "きらきら☆すたんだーど with PS60" (Kira Kira Standard).

Glathannus 2010.10.06 07:10 AM

^ Somebody else just gave me the heads up about that. I'm slightly disappointed it's not a full album of original songs, but it's not like PE'Z hasn't already released two separate cover albums (and two remix albums - plus a tribute album).

I didn't get my hands on his latest concert DVD ('Destroy') until a few days ago, and.. the concert seriously had more dynamite than Dynamite Out, and yet 'Destroy' also wasn't without its gentler moments. I don't know who these guitarists are that he hooked up with, but the way their performance fit into his compositions, was far beyond anything guitarists (possibly the same ones) were doing in his first concert. But it's not just guitar that made the concert great - there was quite a bit of well-executed shibuya-kei going on too.

ShadyNook 2010.10.06 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 70775)
I didn't get my hands on his latest concert DVD ('Destroy') until a few days ago, and.. the concert seriously had more dynamite than Dynamite Out, and yet 'Destroy' also wasn't without its gentler moments. But it's not just guitar that made the concert great - there was quite a bit of well-executed shibuya-kei going on too.

sounds like something to add to my must-buy list. :)

ChickShhh 2010.10.20 04:55 PM

H ZETT M just went to Taiwan, street live. :(

Here's one of the vids:
H ZETT M IN TAIWAN PART 3

New album will be released on 11/1/2010

01.ボギー大佐
02.エーデルワイス
03.きらきら星
04.ハッピーバースデートゥーユー
05.ユーモレスク
06.トルコ行進曲
07.猫踏んじゃった
08.メリーさんの羊

CD EXTRA:「ボギー大佐(H ZETT ISM Ver.)」

APPR-2006 ¥2,100(tax in)

Glathannus 2010.10.20 05:11 PM

^
That's the last of the upcoming releases, holding up my next CD Japan shipment of various releases spanning from throughout the last few months. I'm getting my hands on that album 24 hours after CD Japan stocks it, and they often get things early.

As for the time he recently spent in Taiwan, I'm sure it has something to do with Apart Records basing their manufacturing in Taiwan - even though they're a Japanese-headquartered record label.

TurtleFu 2011.04.23 06:48 AM

So, as per Glath's suggestion, I watched PE'Z Real Live 2005.
I was expecting to see more of HZM's hyperactive piano playing that I got to see in Dynamite Out!
Instead, I got what is basically a muppet on crack. Seriously, HZM is INSANE! And not just really good at playing piano, his mannerisms and stuff kind of creep me out. I didn't really notice until the "Na Na Na" song on the second half of the show, where he switched immediately from a screeching "Na Na Na..." with a muppet voice to SUPER-SERIOUS talking over the music. While simultaneously jumping around and looking like he's on drugs.
In conclusion: HZM scares me a little now.

Carlx 2011.04.23 09:02 AM

Have you seen Pianoise In Osaka DVD, yet? There is too much of that jumping around, falling to the floor and the kind of behavior that crept you out everywhere. BUT we also have Bedroom de Tobihanero and the last two songs of the concert featuring his piano along with a string section, one of them a down-to-earth (compared with what he would normally do) cover of a PE'Z song.

TurtleFu 2011.04.23 09:10 AM

No, I haven't seen that.
Don't get me wrong, I really like him, but his stage presence is crazy.
Well, at least we know that he LOVES to play the piano and be on stage.

W3iHong 2011.04.28 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickShhh (Post 70973)
H ZETT M just went to Taiwan, street live. :(

Here's one of the vids:
H ZETT M IN TAIWAN PART 3

I think this is why we all like Old Tokyo Jihen.... And Hirama too!

ChickShhh 2011.06.16 10:02 AM

"H ZETT M Live in Taiwan ~ Morning! Taiwan, eat yet?"
The 1st overseas solo live will be held on 15/7/2011.

Maybe I will go.

p.s. This is also known as the first step towards the Asian market.