Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Dream of Shiina! (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1706)

Scribble R 2011.06.21 12:52 PM

I Dream of Shiina!

In my most recent dream, I was sitting in a room with Ringo listening through her entire discography. Odajini came on, and Ringo was shocked to see I loved it. I don't really love it, you see -- but because it was on KZK I pretended it was my favourite song ever and milked her surprise hoping that she would reconsider her musical direction.

And there was one just before Expo 08. She was performing Papaya Mango for the entire setlist, I think. And one where she was performing Jimi Hendrix. Nothing really exciting -- I'm sure that some people have had more interesting dreams of her...or her band members =)

so_cold 2011.06.21 01:45 PM

Papaya Mango lol!! How did you feel about that one? :lol:

Not sure these are interesting, but I always used to get her music playing in very sad dreams that I don't remember, and I'd actually wake up quite upset. Usually it was the demo stuff, like Orgel, Juwaki no Naka and Tadashii Machi. 17 played the most and always accompanied a dream where I wondered about missed chances I had in life since about that age and not wanting to be 30 years old... And yes, I'd also feel very sad that the person who composed that kind of music has "gone".

So, that's a happy start to my post! Not dreamt her music in a while, apart from Poltergeist where I thought I was singing it in my sleep, and another where I was on Jools Holland in a band, playing a bunch of her songs and passing them off as my own :P. I also dreamt the tune to a new single of hers that sounded a little like Stem and Suberidai.

As for dreaming of Ringo herself, I've only done that twice, the first was that she was booked to play in this school assembly hall. She started to play Gibs, but her band was missing. Having realised I was the only one in the crowd who knew who she was, she stopped the gig and brought me to the back of the hall where she introduced me to Hirama and Kameda, who were eating onigiri out of Tupperware.

The second was that she had become world famous and Paul McCartney, a fan, was being interviewed about her on the South Bank show (arts programme). I'm sure "Apple records" was the connection. They then showed all the places around Liverpool where she grew up, and a London bus she used to ride to the studio, and then it gradually turned into a dream about a place in London called Streatham.

deadgrandma 2011.06.21 07:03 PM

People have music in their dreams that they recognise? GTFO

Glathannus 2011.06.21 07:46 PM

During my teens, I dreamed that a song was playing on my CD player, and that I was trying to play it by ear on my keyboard while I was listening to it. When I woke up, I knew how to play it for real.

so_cold 2011.06.21 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 75808)
During my teens, I dreamed that a song was playing on my CD player, and that I was trying to play it by ear on my keyboard while I was listening to it. When I woke up, I knew how to play it for real.

Was it your original song or someone else's? Either way that's very cool.

I sometimes invent music in my dreams, but I always attribute it to someone else, it's such-and-such's new single on the radio or TV. I know Aphex Twin sleeps with a digital recorder beside his bed so he can wake up and record his dream-songs. Paul McCartney famously came out with Yesterday in a dream. Dream music sounds different to anything you can come out with consciously, which is probably why musicians take drugs I guess...

TurtleFu 2011.06.22 06:23 AM

I have weird extended daydreams where I am in a K-Pop group with Shiina Ringo.

TRY AND MAKE SENSE OF THAT

waxringo 2011.06.23 11:49 AM

I wish I dreamed in music...

SoulExperience 2011.06.23 11:56 AM

In most of my dreams she looks and talks to me adoringly. And I'm always surprised. /too lazy and embarrassed to type out the actual dreams

waxringo 2011.06.23 12:06 PM

is it cause you're naked?

haha

W3iHong 2011.06.23 11:59 PM

Or are you guys on acid? =P I never had such good dreams before...

deadgrandma 2011.06.24 12:02 AM

All my best dreams were when I was 15 going through puberty...

The Most Curious Thing 2011.06.24 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 75964)
Or are you guys on acid? =P I never had such good dreams before...

Acid may help :P

My dreams are mundane to a fault...I've been listening to 3+ SR albums a day for the past five days, so last night I had a dream that I was listening to Muzai Moratorium. Nothing else. Just sitting in my room, headphones on, listening.

Scribble R 2011.06.24 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by so_cold (Post 75792)
Papaya Mango lol!! How did you feel about that one? :lol:

Poor Papaya Mango. I just listened to it on youtube and it's not that bad actually -- more a convenient way of packaging 'showtune diva Shiina'.

Quote:

So, that's a happy start to my post! Not dreamt her music in a while, apart from Poltergeist where I thought I was singing it in my sleep, and another where I was on Jools Holland in a band, playing a bunch of her songs and passing them off as my own .
I've daydreamed about that. At least, a lot of her stuff makes me think 'I wish I made that!' without my being passionate in making music.

And I hope the Streatham dream segment didn't become a nightmare =P

W3iHong 2011.06.24 07:58 AM

I love papaya mango to bits.

deadgrandma 2011.06.24 08:03 AM

I try so hard to have a dream featuring Yuka Osawa but it never happens.

vielleicht 2011.06.27 02:18 AM

My dreams about Shiina Ringo were all too embarrassingly lewd to put into words.

W3iHong 2011.06.27 07:08 AM

I have never dreamt of Ringo in a lewd way. My brain just says, "NO. NO. DON'T DO IT. YOUR BODY IS NOT READY. IT WILL CRASH. YOUR NOSE WILL BLEED. YOUR WIENER WOULD BECOME THE NEXT TALLEST OBJECT IN THE WORLD. WHATEVER YOU DO, YOU DO NOT DO IT."

Yeah...

TurtleFu 2011.06.27 07:36 AM

You know, I never really considered Ringo sexy. I'm actually really surprised that some people do.

Scribble R 2011.06.27 07:41 AM

Look at Ringo in that fake Gillette ad. You could also consider her sexy in a wild sort of way (rather than being traditionally good looking). I'm surprised that you are surprised that Ringo couldn't be considered sexy. Of course her look has 'slightly changed' over the years, so depends what era you're talking about. I don't really think of her in that way though.

W3iHong 2011.06.27 09:06 AM

I think she is really beautiful. But I am not quite sure how to put it in a way...

Not fap material is one way of saying it.

TurtleFu 2011.06.27 10:07 AM

Exactly!

Like, she's a CLASSY lady. Don't treat her the wrong way!

W3iHong 2011.06.27 06:36 PM

YES. THAT IS ANOTHER WAY OF PUTTING IT!

Osiris12345 2011.06.28 01:09 AM

And here I was thinking this thread would be about Ukigumo finding a magic lamp and getting a Ringo genie! Then wacky hijinks ensue!

Uki: I wish I could be in a more successful band than Petrolz!
Ringo: Granted!
*Ukigumo joins Tokyo Jihen in September of 2005*
Uki: Hmm... Now I wish I could start writing actual songs for Tokyo Jihen!
*Nearly two years later, Variety is released*
Ringo: Somebody save me!

------------------------------------------------------

But in all seriousness, the last Ringo related dream I had was her much older playing "Sweet Spot" in a coffee shop late at night. She was all alone and there was no backing band. Just her and an acoustic guitar. People were mostly ignoring her and they eventually closed shop. I remember staying when everyone was leaving and watching her play. It was like I was getting my own private concert. It was nice to see her "in person" but also a little bit sad because she was very clearly past her prime. Tokyo Jihen was long gone and I'm sure she didn't have a solo career anymore. Her older years were just like her much younger ones - playing small gigs and venues just to get by. I don't remember saying good-bye or even having her acknowledge me. The dream just kind of faded away much like she did on the train that never got to its destination in Rakujitsu.

I suppose the thought that spawned this dream in the first place were the lyrics to the Expo version of Marunouchi Sadistic.

"
I’m looking for a good way to fly
I’m searching for a way you can’t buy"

She's looking for something else. That much is certain. When you think about a good way to fly, you naturally think about how people don't fly. It's not in our nature. Sure, we have helicopters, hang gliders, and airplanes but that's because we created them. We aren't naturally meant to fly. So when she says she's looking for a good way to fly and something money can't buy, it would seem that she's naturally thinking about death - when your soul goes beyond. There's no other natural way for people to fly.

"You know I know a kickin’ way to die
It’s rock and roll, martyrs keep the fans high"

Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Bon Scott, Freddie Mercury, and the list goes on and on. All of these people are casualties of rock music, however they may have died. Some died of overdose, some died of disease, some committed suicide, and one in particular was killed. But one thing they all have in common was that they became immortal once they had died. They were forever young, no longer victims to time. The last we will ever see of them was when they were in their prime and they will forever be in their prime. See where I'm going with this?

"Still floating, as time rolls by"

Whatever the future may hold, Ringo intends to be there to see it. She's gotten older now, especially by Japanese starlet standards. She's gone through a marriage and divorce, had a child, and even gone on to face harsh backlash against her music. Like it or not, she is getting older with time and she isn't immortalized through death. She has to keep working to get her fame because if she didn't, she would fade away just like other forgotten artists in the music industry. If Ringo had died right after she released KSK, she very well could be known as a young prodigy and music legend. But she didn't. She's still going. She's still on that train that hasn't reached its destination yet. She's still on this planet to endure joy, hardships, and whatever else is thrown her way. Ringo's not going anywhere.

Anyway, just some random ramblings of mine. As usual, I typed more than I intended to.

vielleicht 2011.06.28 03:51 AM

I think Ringo's going to be the cutest old lady that the world will have seen when she's 70...

The Most Curious Thing 2011.06.28 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vielleicht (Post 76170)
I think Ringo's going to be the cutest old lady that the world will have seen when she's 70...

Not with a 70-year-old version of the nasal-shrill voice :D

frecklegirl 2011.07.04 08:55 AM

Ringo dream last night, partially inspired by the book I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife (set in Chicago, about... a time traveler).

So in the dream, I was with my parents in Chicago and I at least was time traveling; we were in 1998. We were looking for cultural things to do and trying to attend this play; we go to the place where we think the play will be but it turns out to be a sort of classy Japanese culture fair type thing. And some j-pop/j-rock artists are there, sitting at tables signing autographs, and Ringo is one of them. I pretty much abandon my parents to turn into a huge fangirl. I spend forever looking for a piece of paper for her to sign but in the end she pulls out a booklet the fair has given her. She looks as she did around that era, not like she does now, and her attitude is less polite-old-lady like now. This is before she becomes super famous, which is why she's doing little events like this. I'm grateful we're in 1998 because I know this could never happen in my present and I feel like I have an amazing opportunity here. So I approach her and I do speak Japanese to her; real words in real, cohesive sentences, not dreaming-fake-Japanese. I pretty much tell her I'm a big fan and I'm so happy to get to see her and meet her. We chat for a few minutes. She tells me even "Shiina" is a pen name, AKA not her real last name! (Thinking back on it, I'm not sure if she meant the kanji or the whole word.) Haha! She signs the booklet, I thank her, and walk away in a daze.

When I woke up I was sad that it wasn't real. A nice highlight to an otherwise hellish night...

Lena-chan 2011.07.10 11:12 AM

I wish I dream dreams like this too
Quote:

I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife
this book is amazing! I read it last year, I cried so much in the end!!!!

frecklegirl 2011.07.10 09:56 PM

Awww, sorry Lena-chan, I ended up hating it. But I am glad to see you here!!!

I had another Ringo dream recently but I've forgotten it.

W3iHong 2012.03.14 07:07 PM

Repost from random thread.

Oh man, I dreamt about Ringo last night. It started as I was watching domestique bon voyage live screening. When I noticed something wrong, I saw an fat Indian teenager (my brain registered him as indian but he took on the face of my malay friend who was also fat.) was uncomfortable. I thought there was a conspiracy behind this...

2nd part of the dream. My brain just flew into this. A secret was revealed! Ringo was not she actually is! Remember the fat indian teenager? He was the one behind Ringo's voice! BUT HE SOUNDED NOTHING LIKE RINGO. As he took on the face of my friend, in my dream he was registered as a close friend. So, I tried to confront him. I went up to him and asked, "So, what inspired you to sing as Ringo?" He avoided the question and proceeded to sit down on a bench with a table infront of it and started to draw. (This was at a canteen) I continued to persist. His friend (Another fat indian teenager) came up and said, "To understand why and how he did it, you must first understand the things he drew."

I looked at what he was drawing currently, I see a book next to him while he was drawing. The book was some epic warhammer comics that was very famous and popular. I was really puzzled... But then I was surprised to see his name on the book. He was the author! He was the author of the famous famous warhammer book and I didn't know about his fame even though I was his friend.

So I tried to make sense of everything around me. My brain just warped into light speed now. I came up with a conspiracy that my friend, the fat indian teenager, was trying to emulate one of the voices of the warhammer races using morphvox. Somehow, he accidentally discovered Ringo's voice(Not sure if it was a titled setting or he messed around with the controls). He submitted a copy to the big music companies and the companies loved it! Shiina Ringo was just a lip-singer that lip-synced in every concert.

Then I asked myself, "Something is definitely not right about this..."

Then I woke up and wrote this down.

I was definitely not under any drugs or alcohol.

This dream was extremely clear in my mind. I rarely dream but when I do, I feel like I can consciously manipulate my dreams. I did feel like that in this dream but everything was just so weird.

vielleicht 2012.03.14 07:47 PM

I dreamt of her singing in my pending wedding ceremony last night.

matan-san 2012.03.14 09:36 PM

I also dreamt abour Ringo not so long ago. in my dream I worked as a stage assistant in 2 TJ shows in some open-field festival, but all I did was just be on stage together with the band during the 2 shows and basically do nothing. together with me on the stage was also a black girl who wore a grey fur coat, but during 1 song (can't remember what it was) at both shows she stripped and lied on the stage completly naked next to Ringo with her back to the audience (even though it was pouring rain outside of the stage and the audience was packed too). when I later asked the girl why she did that she answered that Ringo said to her it makes her sing better and that the rest of the band wanted her to lie naked too.

after the show was over we hanged around at the field and to our great surprise Ringo returned after a couple of minutes for an encore (though most of the crowd was already gone) and sang a new song called "mumus" (or "smumu" , can't remember what it sounded like either)

W3iHong 2012.03.14 09:52 PM

Lol matan and I have the weirdest dreams.

D.K.Liu 2012.03.15 04:51 PM

W3ihong: The feeling of being in control, awake in your dream seems to fit the description of a 'lucid dream' (maybe not a full fledged one, were you aware that you were dreaming?)

I've never had one myself. Would really like to experience what it's like.

W3iHong 2012.03.16 12:43 AM

That is a really good question. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But for this dream. I only realized at the end the something was going bizarrely wrong and then I woke up.

Like I said, I rarely dream. But when I do, I have some extent of control over it. So, I would agree that it is not a fully-fledged lucid dream.

Like for this dream, when I first dreamt of the fat indian teenager. I could see my malay friend's face but my sub-concious just kept telling me, "No no no. He is indian." I even thought of his name but it did not seem to change.

Another part where I think I was consciously interacting in the dream was (I left this detail out) I was thinking about how to confront him. I was rummaging through my brain for a way. That feeling of consciously having a thought.

Another interesting thing is that, if I woke up in the middle of a dream, it is possible for me to stand up and go to the toilet and then go back to bed and jump right back into the same dream, starting from where I left off.

I have only heard of lucid dreaming. I have not thought of reading about it or practice it.

teattum 2012.03.26 05:17 PM

I already had several dreams more or less related to ringo... But i won't talk about these.

Just my last night, I dreamt that ringo was involved in a new band, according to a common website (Yes, dreaming about reading something in the web... I don't even want to know what that is supposed to mean). Well, not really a band, because there was only two people, She, and a totally unknow guy who had impressed her with his songwritting skills (the "impressive" thing was actually felt by both of them). So the new was talking about the prospect of a new album, without any release date... Just a prospect.

The Most Curious Thing 2012.03.26 05:29 PM

The guy had to have been Saito Neko.

teattum 2012.03.26 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing (Post 82619)
The guy had to have been Saito Neko.

Oh please, anyone but him! :lol:

deadgrandma 2012.03.26 07:24 PM

I personally hope it was Haroumi Hosono. That would be great. A new wave Ringo project. Bring it!

Maou 2012.03.26 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teattum (Post 82618)
I already had several dreams more or less related to ringo... But i won't talk about these.

Just my last night, I dreamt that ringo was involved in a new band, according to a common website (Yes, dreaming about reading something in the web... I don't even know what that would mean). Well, not really a band, because there was only two people, She, and a totally unknow guy who had impressed her with his songwritting skills (the "impressive" thing was actually felt by both of them). So the new was talking about the prospect of a new album, without any release date... Just a prospect.

Did somebody tip you off on the secret project I'm working on? It's still in the planning phases, but it's going to be really killer if I can fund it.

teattum 2012.03.27 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 82625)
Did somebody tip you off on the secret project I'm working on? It's still in the planning phases, but it's going to be really killer if I can fund it.

Well... Yes!

My imagination!

More seriously, I can't even name the "unknown" guy! In fact I don't even remember if I was reading in english or in french, so...

LoBFCanti 2012.03.30 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 82622)
I personally hope it was Haroumi Hosono. That would be great. A new wave Ringo project. Bring it!

You almost know it's going happen. At least one song. every tokyo act, well every tokyo "mindie" artists as my friend calls them, is doing it.

Scribble R 2012.04.06 06:39 AM

I've never been a huge fan of Kuki until about a month ago. I dreamed about it a few days ago. Strange dream.

I was at a house party, but had to leave to take my friend home and comfort him because his mother had died. When I returned to the party, the adults became children, and they were all listening to Kuki on the stereo. MY mother called, so I turned Kuki off so I could hear her properly, whereupon all the children protested by singing Kuki at the top of their lungs, past the point where I had turned it off (and finishing with Entry number one!). I woke up shortly after, and rushed to listen to the song -- naturally.

It was a very vivid dream because the kiddy rendition of Kuki was extremely loud and powerful (and some of the children were crying their little hearts out ), as if I'd been listening to the song on my mp3 player as I slept.

deadgrandma 2012.04.06 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 82739)
I've never been a huge fan of Kuki until about a month ago. I dreamed about it a few days ago. Strange dream.

I was at a house party, but had to leave to take my friend home and comfort him because his mother had died. When I returned to the party, the adults became children, and they were all listening to Kuki on the stereo. MY mother called, so I turned Kuki off so I could hear her properly, whereupon all the children protested by singing Kuki at the top of their lungs, past the point where I had turned it off (and finishing with Entry number one!). I woke up shortly after, and rushed to listen to the song -- naturally.

It was a very vivid dream because the kiddy rendition of Kuki was extremely loud and powerful (and some of the children were crying their little hearts out ), as if I'd been listening to the song on my mp3 player as I slept.

If I had this dream, kuki would freak me out too much to ever listen to again... but really interesting

The Most Curious Thing 2012.04.06 08:25 AM

@Scribble
Was it sort of like the choir in the Virgin Line performance of Souretsu? That was the mental image I got when I read your post.

Scribble R 2012.04.06 10:15 AM

Yeah, kind of -- except it had a less 'these kids are announcing your death' feel about it, because a few of the children were hunched over, bawling their eyes out. The room was quite small, and I was standing in the middle with the kids surrounding me.

It was just odd how damn loud and powerful it was. When I woke up, I could still hear the remains of the song fading away.

thefro 2012.05.29 07:12 AM

I had a dream last night where I went to a Tokyo Jihen concert with 5-6 of my friends from high school. Somehow we were randomly in Japan and got tickets. We had front row seats next to the stage, which wasn't raised up, so Ringo was coming out right in front of people in the crowd and interacting. The venue was a square facility with about 3000 people (everyone on floor level, like a big open convention hall) but the ceiling went up probably 150 ft. It was a similar setlist to the Bon Voyage shows, so Saito Neko was there with the orchestra. They played a new song too (really awesome), but of course I forgot the melody when I woke up. Everything was in Japanese so I couldn't understand it.

A couple of my friends were really into everything but there were a couple who got really restless (they were drunk) when they were playing the Broadway and orchestra type stuff. My friend on the right was heckling the orchestra right when they started a song and they stopped played and kicked him and I out of the concert!

I was mad, but they left us in the building. I kinda halfway knew it was a dream, so we snuck in through the air duct (Goldeneye-style) to a balcony that went around about 50 feet off the floor level and watched more of the concert. SR went down and was dancing with my friends in the front row as she was singing. They were acting really obnoxious and grinding on her, so she quit singing and yelled some humorous insults at them in pretty simple (but correct) English, then got them all kicked out too. They immediately joined us in the balcony thanks to dream magic and we watched some more of the concert (SR played drums on a song and held the drumsticks awkwardly like she was Max Weinberg).

I think they played Onna no Ko wa Daredemo after that. My friends were mad and all-out heckling people now. There were security guards trying to bust in through the gate we had latched on the air duct. My friends are like, no problem, there are 3-4 more levels higher up we can go to.... but then we saw a glassed-in security area up above the next catwalk that we were planning on sneaking into next.

I woke up after that. It was a fun dream.

Entry№1 2012.09.22 02:04 PM

I just woke up from a nap where I dreamed I tagged along with the filming of MTV Cribs: Shiina Ringo. Ringo was wearing a cream-colored kimono with a cute bob haircut and climbed into what looked like a giant beige-colored Ford Silverado. We followed her drive to her house, a giant white McMansion in a western-style suburb. She had a corner lot that looked like it covered maybe a half-to-three-quarters acre, with a big gaudy step fountain in back. I was very confused.

Nimh 2012.09.23 08:49 AM

^^^ What did her bathroom look like?

BlueApple 2012.09.23 01:45 PM

I had a dream recently during the middle of the day where I watched Shiina Ringo perform a new solo song live. She played on the acoustic guitar and the song reminded me of something from Shouso Strip, very upbeat & strong. It was just strange how vivid the song sounded and how the words were very clearly in coherent Japanese. It's kind of weird how the brain does that. In my mind I tried to remember how it sounded, but I couldn't.

mrnarse 2015.01.19 04:57 PM

Had a dream the other night that Tokyo Jihen was reuniting on February 29, 2016, and that they were putting out an Utaite Myouri style cover album of classic jazz songs.

deadgrandma 2015.01.19 07:26 PM

Not totally impossible...

gekokujyo 2015.01.27 06:23 PM

My dreams of SR usually happen when I nod off to sleep while her music is playing in the background, and all invariably involve me attending one of her concerts live. Fell asleep to Dynamite Out once, and dreamt that I was on stage with her, belting our Marusadi and Tsuki ni makeinu.

tsukigimehime 2015.08.25 12:05 AM

I dream of her a lot... sometimes romantic, sometimes friendly...

Most recently, I was (IRL) at the NicoNama event last month, and the staff around the area were very strict about you not looking into the studio outside of your viewing slot/keeping pedestrians from loitering...

I had a dream that night that I was walking by and I saw her, the lone customer in a very dim hair salon, having her hair cut (nice asymmetrical bob). I stopped to gawk, but they slammed down the shutters as I approached, and just showed a rotating model of the haircut she was getting on a television panel outside of the salon...

zordon 2015.08.25 01:05 AM

6 pages and not a single racy dream? I don't believe in your excessively mundane dreams for a second.

tsukigimehime 2015.08.25 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zordon (Post 96163)
6 pages and not a single racy dream? I don't believe in your excessively mundane dreams for a second.

I double checked my dream logs just to be sure (apparently I had a dream where we were dating and she was kicking all of the zombie ass during an apocalypse to keep me from dying) but the raciest it got was very prolonged eye contact before I drowned ^_^

K__ 2015.08.31 02:52 AM

Dreamt about her last night. I was following her around Shinjuku trying to get her attention but she kept pretending I wasn't there. There goes my assertion that I'm just a fan and not a weirdo.

zordon 2015.09.01 08:17 AM

totally not a creeper

Inseu 2015.09.02 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zordon (Post 96163)

I dreamt of being in bed with a Japanese lady but that lady reminds me more of Yuria Satomi rather than Ringo.

tsukigimehime 2015.12.06 09:31 AM

After getting my self out of a string of murder cases that it seemed like I was literally just walking into one after another (common dream theme), I found myself in a large gym for some sort of variety show/relay race that had Kodama and Ringo as guests on a panel? Anyway, I sat in one of the chairs near the table they were seated at half watching the relay that was really goofy and weird and half watching Ringo.

Then during an intermission between segments, I kept feeling watched and noticed her making really insistent eye contact with me... I somehow ended up at the table across from her, and we just talked. She asked me a bunch of questions and told me she'd seen me at a lot of her shows.

She asked me where I had been around Fukuoka, and I shyly admitted to using online guides to go around to old places she used to frequent or hold concerts. She looked super interested while I was talking and I remember feeling super self conscious and forgetting a bunch of names of places while I was talking, but she smiled and thanked me and our hands were really close while she was talking to me after that and she's soooo pretty. Omg... She was wearing a pretty sleeveless dress and glasses... Sorry for ignoring you the whole time, Kodama...

zeroryouko 2015.12.06 06:19 PM

I've dreamed about Ringo herself only once, though her music has been background for many other dreams...

It was a few years ago. I dreamed she was performing here in LA. I ran into her in a cafe on Sunset...she was dining alone, it was crowded, and I asked if she'd mind my taking the empty seat opposite her. I didn't recognize her at first, but we talked, and eventually I realized who she was. We laughed, I told her I was a big fan, she invited me to her performance that night...next thing I remember, I was with her back in her hotel room, and <redacted>...she realized she had to leave, as she was late to her show, and she quickly got dressed and ran out the door. I went to her show that night...she caught my eye, winked...the tension was palpable, remembering <redacted> as she performed on stage.

hedgehog 2015.12.06 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 97202)
If my girlfriend ever reads this, she is going to straight up murder me.

If you feel that way about Shiina then maybe you should tell her your feelings and go out on a date. It seemed to have worked well in your dream

zeroryouko 2015.12.06 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgehog (Post 97205)
If you feel that way about Shiina then maybe you should tell her your feelings and go out on a date. It seemed to have worked well in your dream

The funny thing is I really *don't* feel that way 99.9% of the time, at least not consciously. But I guess my subconscious felt it had some stuff to work out.

K__ 2015.12.07 08:56 AM

"We played Checkers for three hours"

zeroryouko 2015.12.07 09:10 AM

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...

tsukigimehime 2015.12.18 12:38 PM

Had a dream that she was running a bus tour (the bus was like a public bus though lmao) where she was doing the actual bus guiding, but it was like...

People were getting on at preapproved stops, with the final stop being a concert hall where she would be doing a show I think on the same day that we arrived there. The hall seemed big and was kinda futuristic and had rings around it like Saturn, but they were just weird roads leading to parking lots... Anyway...zzz...

deadgrandma 2015.12.18 02:18 PM

Another dream??? Amazing

tsukigimehime 2015.12.18 04:44 PM

It never used to happen, I swear! I can only hope she's dreaming about me, the annoying letter-writer, just as much (*´-`*)

deadgrandma 2015.12.18 05:08 PM

The last dream I even remember was about buying Xmas presents in a storm.

zeroryouko 2016.03.12 05:23 PM

I had another Ringo-related dream, a couple of nights ago - my second one ever! She wasn't actually in it though.

I dreamed that I attended an exhibition of Ringo memorabilia, featuring her manuscripts, some of her instruments, and many of her personal diaries and correspondence. (For some reason it was in the Valley, and all of her written works were in English - I guess my brain was being lazy, what with trying to sleep and all.) There was almost no one there, and for some reason I found out about it late, and arrived only a couple of hours before it closed. Even worse, my camera wouldn't work, and when I asked if I could get back in tomorrow, they said the exhibition was only for one day. I remember being very disappointed by all of these things.

I guess this is an expression of my wish that Ringo were more well-known here, and/or that I'd love to be able to make at least one convert. :)