Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 三毒史 announced (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2305)

deadgrandma 2019.04.09 05:31 PM

It has no bonus disc at all- just hardcover booklet.

The videos are up on YouTube- but from what I'm seeing quite a lot of people are region locked haha.

shirasagi 2019.04.10 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 99560)
It's the autotune, on top of being a mediocre song in general. That shit is for people who can't sing, not Ringo.

I pre-ordered both the Expo '18 Blu-ray and the limited edition of the album. I don't think there's a PV disc though.

Could you post a couple of snapshots once they're in? I'm sure they're going to look nice but I'm just not buying CDs anymore.
I will probably buy the vinyl once that's out, but as far as I can recall they're always announced like two months after the initial album release (which I think is kind of a dick move)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 99563)
It has no bonus disc at all- just hardcover booklet.

The videos are up on YouTube- but from what I'm seeing quite a lot of people are region locked haha.

I was still going by the rumors from that Chinese forum and it didn't catch my eye that there is no BD/DVD. That booklet better be real pretty!

I seem to be able to watch all the videos on YouTube in Europe, but I have given up on applying any logic to region locking at this point. And Menukidoori didn't even have a proper PV, right? Not that we need that.

thespidereggs 2019.04.11 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirasagi (Post 99553)
I also listened to Menukidoori for about the fourth time in my life last night and I will say the song is better than I remember it, so maybe it will end up just being one of the less remarkable tracks on the album. Certainly nothing on here is on NIPPON level, am I right?

I have to say Menukidoori aged better than anticipated. The melody is solid and the bass line is catchy as hell. The only real problem (as with other singles) is the arrangement. I get the big band treatment really sells the "Let's make shopping classy!" feel for Ginza Six, but it's also as if Shijou no Jinsei sold so poorly that she's hesitant to stray into other territory.

If she's willing to re-work Otona no Okite maybe there's a real chance we could get some new arrangements (minus the fact that song wasn't a single per se)

Also, in reading through the SUNNY thread I found this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 91779)
Though, if she does make an album 6, it better "feel" like something new- a maximum of 4 tracks we already know.

Prescient as ever, deadgrandma ;)

deadgrandma 2019.04.11 05:38 PM

She definitely came on here before announcing the tracklist to see what her real fans want.

I wish.

Lena-chan 2019.04.14 10:08 AM

Ringo,
if you are reading this, please
GIVE ME A SHUUKYOU LIVE PERFORMANCE!

deadgrandma 2019.04.21 05:38 PM

https://natalie.mu/music/news/328870...bI5KIvPJJXFv9E

Don't get too excited

Full tracklist is out and there's only 5 new songs total.

Fuck you bitch.

thespidereggs 2019.04.21 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 99591)
Full tracklist is out and there's only 5 new songs total.

:hmph:

Well, maybe 6 including Ma Cherie? Probably jumped the gun on preordering this if it's gonna be another SUNNY situation lol. Donzoko Made really made the list?

On the brightside:
  • Really looking forward to 急がば回れ since I enjoy all her collabs with HZM.
  • The collab with Sakurai Atsushi of Buck-Tick should be interesting too.
  • There's a new closer this time (that maybe hearkens back to Ko no Yo no Kagiri)? A lack of a new, epic closer was one of SUNNY's weakest aspects.
  • There's still hope the cover will be better than SUNNY's gaudy copy-paste collage style.

Still, this is pretty weaksauce, Ringo. At this point maybe she should take her own advice and just produce for other singers. It would be nice if she found a dedicated muse a la Okuda Tamio / PUFFY and produced a truly great album (for the first time since 2009). While she doesn't have anything to prove, she clearly doesn't carry the same interest in her own work.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2019.04.22 12:42 AM

All these tired half albums...:rolleyes: Is it really beyond her scope to make just one fresh album these days? It's been 4&1/2 years since SUNNY!

Lena-chan 2019.04.22 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespidereggs (Post 99592)
It would be nice if she found a dedicated muse a la Okuda Tamio / PUFFY and produced a truly great album (for the first time since 2009).

IMO she is trying to do this since Tomosaka Rie (maybe even since Riyoko Hirosue?!)
I think she just didn't find the perfect muse for her yet

deadgrandma 2019.04.22 05:25 AM

Hope you guys like Ringo autotune

Cause that new single is, well, rough.

The main shimmer of hope I have is that it'll be bad, but memorably so.