Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   KSK vinyl available on eBay (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=192)

Glathannus 2007.05.06 08:42 AM

KSK vinyl available on eBay

A year ago I would've killed for this opportunity, but then I discovered Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and ended up spending far more on sealed copies, especially since I had to compete with Japanese bidders, who (on average) earn higher wages than American workers such as myself. Deputy service fees including commissions and three-way shipping don't help my wallet either.

I figured someone here might be interested.
I can vouch for the seller because I've bought a Mayonaka wa Junketsu LP off of them before, used. This is the first time I've seen any Ringo or Jihen vinyl other than Mayonaka wa Junketsu, show up on eBay, and I've checked eBay regularly for years. Some people might think $50 is "a rip off", but you have to understand how rare this is, especially from an international availability standpoint.

Aside from having Ichijiku no Hana, a better version of Kuki, and the rest of KSK all in thick warm analog goodness,
KSK is also the sexiest LP on the planet.
Am I right?

Tokyo Jihad 2007.05.06 08:48 AM

not worth fitty.

But I'm so hot for one either way.

Cosmo! 2007.05.06 11:45 AM

I literally wet myself when I clicked on that link (gross). That's a little on the pricey side, but I received too much financial aid this semester and know exactly to sop up some of those funds. Education, schmeducation; I want that damn vinyl!

Thanks for pointing this out to us, Glath!

MBF 2007.05.06 12:14 PM

;__;
pleeease don't do that... I already bid quite a high amount on this one, but I'll have to save up my money for quite a while, if the price goes up... *poorfanboyhere*

Nimh 2007.05.06 02:56 PM

Does anyone even own a vinyl record player these days, besides old fogies, shut-ins, and technophobes? :-)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.05.06 03:16 PM

i do, but i may be classefied as one of the above

Glathannus 2007.05.06 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat (Post 4064)
Does anyone even own a vinyl record player these days, besides old fogies, shut-ins, and technophobes? :-)

After hearing the difference between a $1000 turntable and a $10,000 turntable, I'm too intimidated to buy my own. I do believe vinyls have a potentially better sound than CDs and DVD-As though, but my philosophy doesn't fit into any of your stereotypes. My problem isn't specifically with digital audio in general, but with how subpar the consumer implementation of it is, compared to what it could be. I'm a best-of-both-worlds kind of guy. I'll buy analog products and record them in extreme-resolution digital, to get the convenience and durability of digital, and with most of the richness of vinyl.

I have everyday access to a $10,000 turntable setup. If I'm only playing the vinyl once (to record it in digital), I'm not in any rush to purchase my own turntable, especially since I'm too much of a perfectionist to buy a cheap one, and if the good ones involve me giving up all new luxury/convenience purchases for a year. I take sound quality and freedom very seriously but I'm not that dedicated.

CatchFiveBats 2007.05.06 08:07 PM

I have a turntable, but it doesn't have a built-in amplifier and I don't have a receiver in my room with an amp built in. I would buy an external amp, but I may be getting a receiver from someone pretty soon, so I'll wait just a bit longer before grabbing an external.

This has actually been a tough decision for me, since I have the HF vinyl but no way to listen to it until I purchase a receiver or amp...

MBF 2007.05.06 09:14 PM

I bought one especially for my 2 SR-Vinyls.

Ah right, and as I said, my maximum bid has been pretty high - so I made it =)

even if I now have to wonder, how I'm going to go through the next month *lol*

deadgrandma 2011.06.07 07:33 AM

Ha gees, in 2007, $50 was a lot for KZK vinyl...

You're not likely to see one under 6000 yen anymore, new or sealed