Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2008 Summer Lives (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=672)

kuro_neko 2008.04.12 10:02 PM

2008 Summer Lives

just got this in from Ringohan

So Tokyo Jihen is starting back up with activity. This summer, in tradition of Society of the Citizens vol. 1. Tokyo Jihen will be headlining a two day Society of the Citizens vol. 2. 8/23 will be Tokyo Jihen, Elephant Kashimashi, and SCOOBIE DO. 8/24 will be Tokyo Jihen, ZAZEN BOYS, and SOIL AND PIMP SESSIONS.

then, on 8/15 and 8/16 Ringo and Tokyo Jihen will be performing at Rising Sun Rock Festival. Yes, Ringo and Jihen, meaning two performances, one solo one with band. Ringo performed solo at the first one ten years ago and apparently that performance is one of legend so she is doing it for Rising Sun's 10th anniversary along with her own 10th anniversary, while this is Jihen's first Rising Sun Festival.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.12 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 27678)
Ringo and Tokyo Jihen will be performing at Rising Sun Rock Festival. Yes, Ringo and Jihen, meaning two performances, one solo one with band.

:waa:

kuro_neko 2008.04.12 11:15 PM

yeah a ringohan event would be sooooo much better but oh well.....the fact that they are having another Society of the Citizens two years after the first one shows that maybe next year they might do an event and still call it "annual."

I'm excited to go to Rising Sun to see Ringo (if I can get tickets) but I really don't want to fight 40,000 people to see her perform solo for her anniversary. Oh well. Maybe by then they will have new material or news to give us.

Yahiko 2008.04.12 11:42 PM

with SCOOBIE DO? just like GO!GO!7188?? :O so tokyo jihen and gogo will be at scoobie do 2man live.. hmm ... ive been imagining something that would never happen.. gogo will have a surprise guest at 4/6 5/6 7/6 on Tetsuko no Hair 2 man tour, any possibilities it could be Tokyo Jihen? o_O

pariscombo 2008.04.13 02:56 AM

Oh thanks for this information, Kuro Neko. It's a bit disappointing not to be her solely performance or TJ's, but anyway better than nothing.

Quote:

Too bad it's still a long time till August. They/she could/should release a single or something till then, just to keep us entertained starting flame wars and heated discussion threads here :P
I agree with you. We need something new to flame till then.

Orenji 2008.04.13 04:07 AM

Quote:

Yes, Ringo and Jihen, meaning two performances, one solo one with band.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

NCORE 2008.04.13 05:35 AM

Quote:

...then, on 8/15 and 8/16 Ringo and Tokyo Jihen will be performing at Rising Sun Rock Festival. Yes, Ringo and Jihen, meaning two performances, one solo one with....

Oh God please, please :O

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.04.13 06:06 AM

Quote:

Ringo and Tokyo Jihen will be performing at Rising Sun Rock Festival. Yes, Ringo and Jihen, meaning two performances, one solo one with band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 27679)
:waa:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 27684)
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Indeed! :waa::o:waa::o:waa:

cjhobbies00 2008.04.13 07:03 AM

August???!! I can't wait for her to release something new and drag me away from the clutches of indie rock and pop.

ShadyNook 2008.04.13 09:53 AM

hoarding a load of her self-written songs for her next solo?

Giving TJ to the boys while still making solo music for the fans who are waiting for the true successor of KSK?

please let it be true!