Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

HEDOfloe 2007.09.19 04:32 PM

Ahhh, I did not remember that.

Jonny 2007.09.19 04:35 PM

Once again women are PWNED by us!!111 TAKE THAT! "MAN" is DEFAULT in world!

justriiingo 2007.09.19 05:07 PM

That's very funny considering that this forum was pretty much created to celebrate/worship our Queen Shiina Ringo.

Maou 2007.09.19 05:12 PM

I think we're a very Muslim-oriented board, mon ange.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.09.19 05:49 PM

/points to screen name

HEDOfloe 2007.09.19 06:41 PM

Tell me you did not take offense to that, JR. 'Twas a joke. I lol'd.
Plus, everyone knows women are the ones who rule the world.

badtzmaru 2007.09.25 07:52 AM

OMG, Mika-chan was Op2?!? O_O

O_O Evil finally came back?!?! How come he's not posting?!?! T_T_T_TT_T

Anyway, welcome, Ani_C (pou?? @_@), Katsu, Alumina, Sansan (it's good to see you here!), dearleb, Appeltje, NCORE, Paulina, (back) pierrot, Aelxan, Kai, (back) Positron!!, Cinders, Ladymercury hehe... Did I miss anyone? @_@ Sorry for my late welcome (back) but I'm happy to see new and old members!

I just attended my mom's cousin's wedding, and she married a Dutch person. I was confused because I didn't know Dutch people were from the Netherlands (and I didn't even know that Holland was the same as the Netherlands. =_=;) Anyway, thank you so much for telling me that, Appel!! @_@ I'm so embarrassed for myself. T_T But omg, my aunt's wedding dress looked just like Ringo's in the Sounan PV!!!! >_< (Yes, she wore a red dress; it wasn't a traditional wedding at all. o_o) I'll post up a picture when I get them! :lol:

Sorry I was gone for so long! >_< I'm back now thanks to Fluffie and Golem. T_T <3 I missed everyone! *glomps* I hope you all have been well!

golem09 2007.09.25 09:07 AM

Welcome back!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 16912)
I was confused because I didn't know Dutch people were from the Netherlands (and I didn't even know that Holland was the same as the Netherlands. =_=

haha^^
Holland is also the country of cheese and weed^^.
Good to have you back, but look out for the crossfire between the haters and the lovers!

badtzmaru 2007.09.25 09:26 AM

Hmm, I see, I see. @_@ I'll need to remember that when I talk to my uncle-in-law tonight at dinner! (Well, not the weed part, you know. =_=;;)

Thanks for e-mailing me, Golem! T_T You and especially Fluffie <3 (and JR with her music :D) really made me happy when I received your e-mails. So, thank you so much! *glomps*

So, it's dark in here? o_o;; It seems more empty to me, since the last posts were all a couple of days ago and stuff. *hears her voice echo* :mellow:

justriiingo 2007.09.25 10:49 AM

So glad you're back XO! We need your optimism and happiness around here! :wub:

badtzmaru 2007.09.25 11:09 AM

Thanks! :wub: Have you and Maou tied the knot yet?? *_* Don't tell me I've missed the wedding!! O_O I wanted to be a bridesmaid... T_T

Oh yeah, did we find out who fame is?? @_@ What have I missed while I was gone? T_T

justriiingo 2007.09.25 11:22 AM

Adrian is Op2 and fame is pou... oh man seems like such a long time ago!
And you also missed out on this. ;)

golem09 2007.09.25 11:32 AM

We also know who Da_bLaCkShIiNa was!

Maou 2007.09.25 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 16935)
Thanks! :wub: Have you and Maou tied the knot yet?? *_* Don't tell me I've missed the wedding!! O_O I wanted to be a bridesmaid... T_T

No, not yet. JR left out an important piece of information when we started this modern romance: she's already married to a Singaporean woman. Now we have to figure out a way to keep us all happy. Shouldn't be too hard. I mean, it probably takes more than one woman to handle all this ego of mine anyway.

justriiingo 2007.09.25 09:06 PM

It's just Maou's excuse to have a harem. Maybe XO can join us too. ;)

Lena-chan 2007.09.26 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 17001)
It's just Maou's excuse to have a harem. Maybe XO can join us too. ;)

*o*
so this is a formal ask!!!!
everyone wants to marry XO
XD

Kasanagi 2007.09.26 05:30 AM

^ Didn't Jonny bagged XO already? EMF dorama/soap opera thread pending...

badtzmaru 2007.09.26 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 16937)
Adrian is Op2 and fame is pou... oh man seems like such a long time ago!
And you also missed out on this. ;)

Oh, so you were right! @_@ And OMG, fame was pou???? T_T I'm a bit disappointed, although I guess pou is pretty famous (here). It was fun to guess while it lasted... T_T

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 16938)
We also know who Da_bLaCkShIiNa was!

Was it Op2?? O_O Was he also Mika-chan? :blink: Is he posting here?? (I don't mean to sound like I'm talking behind his back. >_<;;;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 16947)
No, not yet. JR left out an important piece of information when we started this modern romance: she's already married to a Singaporean woman. Now we have to figure out a way to keep us all happy. Shouldn't be too hard. I mean, it probably takes more than one woman to handle all this ego of mine anyway.

:waa: I had no idea, JR!! Maou must've been hearbroken. T_T I hope you guys can work it out somehow! You guys know I'm rooting for you! Heheheh :D

Nonono, I can't join a harem!! @_@;;;;

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.09.28 07:09 AM

I know I'm late, but upon returning from my internetless state for a week, what a lovely surprise to find your return Miss Maru.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.09.28 12:51 PM

Also, XO, I'm Hedo's father.

HEDOfloe 2007.09.28 01:37 PM

Pssshhhh, you wish you helped give life to this BAMF.

EDIT: Actually, I really really hope my children are as badass as me ^_^.

badtzmaru 2007.10.01 06:29 PM

*glomps Whispermon* XDD *and sneaks into his and Fluffie's campuses in the middle of the night to fix their internet connections while everyone's sleeping* :ph34r:

Masuku 2007.10.05 11:58 AM

Okey so, since badtzmaru forced me to come here and introduce myself, I'll tell something :D ~
Well, I joined here in April when this was formed but kind of became (very) non-acitve. Though, now I'll be more active! Okei, so me,
My name is Marinka and I'm from Finland. I fall in love with Shiina 2½ years ago, after I heard her song Tsumi to batsu (still my favorite song). I'm pretty much addicted to sing her songs but singing is just a second thing for me. I have been playing bass guitar one year now.
But oh well, I guess this was enough of self-introduction :D!

badtzmaru 2007.10.05 12:12 PM

Yayyyy, it's nice to meet you, Marinka!! Can I call you that instead? I think it sounds more pretty. :wub: I'm so glad you'll be more active!! :D JR will be happy to have another female on board!

Hmm, I wonder if you're the first person from Finland here. o_o And, you play the bass?!?! :o Maybe you can join our EMF band as our bassist! I don't remember who's in it, but we definitely need a girl in there. @_@ I'm just a groupie. :D

Anyway, it's really nice to have you here! I hope to see you around!!

benkai ringo 2007.10.05 12:22 PM

^^^No no no...Masuku aint the only one from finland here,
im from Finland too...so welcome masuku.
Im not so active here...thoug Oh and welcome back by the way
badtzmaru even though we havent probabbly even never chatted here.
But still glad to see you here

Masuku 2007.10.05 12:31 PM

Oh and I forget to mention I love tortillas!
I mean.. this forum is also majorly filled with males? xD

It's okey you call me Marinka if it sounds better to your ear. Your name is Erin? (no, i'm not a stalker. I saw the first page of this thread)
Ahah, well I might be the first finnish person here. At least I don't even know THAT many finnish Shiina fans.
Yep i'm bassist ;D and I would be glad to get some SR or TJ tabs.

Thank you!

EDIT: Just saw benkai_ringo's post! Okey so, I'm NOT only finnish here! :D Thank you

golem09 2007.10.05 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masuku (Post 17977)
I fall in love with Shiina 2½ years ago, after I heard her song Tsumi to batsu (still my favorite song).

haha, I had the same introduction.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.10.05 01:19 PM

Tsumi to Batsu was my intro too

Masuku 2007.10.05 01:25 PM

I recommend Tsumi to batsu to everyone who is new with Shiina. It's pretty good for the start!

justriiingo 2007.10.05 01:41 PM

Hello Masuku! *hugs Marinka* Another girl! Yeah!
There're like 3 times more guys here than girls. I wonder why.

Masuku 2007.10.05 01:48 PM

^ *hugs back* thank you =D!
That's maybe because.. guys find Shiina damn attaractive (well, don't we aswell xD?) and females focus on male performers more.

golem09 2007.10.05 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masuku (Post 18002)
^ *hugs back* thank you =D!
That's maybe because.. guys find Shiina damn attaractive (well, don't we aswell xD?) and females focus on male performers more.

haha, I listened to her music for I think 2 or 3 years before I saw a photo of her^^

freshevryday 2007.10.05 07:16 PM

i listened to her music about one year before saw her photo too, and i didn't know anything about shiina ringo i just knew the band tokyo jihen.

CARMEN 2007.10.05 07:31 PM

Hi all!!!

I'm new to the forum and.....and I loooooove Shiina!!!!!:wub: oh....and Tokyo Jihen, but probably only coz' Shiina is in it....LOL.
I don't remember the year in which I got into her, but 'Honnou' was my first song :).
I hope this is a lively forum! It frustrates me when I post and no one sees my post until centuries later (referring to another forum I go to....)!

See you guys around!^_^

Glathannus 2007.10.05 07:50 PM

It was roughly a year after I heard Kuki (Casshern version) before I went looking around the web for information about Shiina Ringo. It wasn't until then, that I actually knew what she looked like.

She could be ugly, and I'd still pay a king's ransom for a KSK vinyl just the same.

Also, I prefer to experience Just Can't Help It with audio only. :P

Lena-chan 2007.10.06 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARMEN (Post 18018)
Hi all!!!

I'm new to the forum and.....and I loooooove Shiina!!!!!:wub: oh....and Tokyo Jihen, but probably only coz' Shiina is in it....LOL.
I don't remember the year in which I got into her, but 'Honnou' was my first song :).
I hope this is a lively forum! It frustrates me when I post and no one sees my post until centuries later (referring to another forum I go to....)!

See you guys around!^_^

I feel the same about all your affirmations!!!
welcome /o/

justriiingo 2007.10.06 09:10 AM

As you can see CARMEN, this is a super busy forum, so you don't have to worry about that!
Welcome!

badtzmaru 2007.10.06 09:12 AM

Welcome, Carmen!! Yay, another female! If this keeps up, we'll outnumber the males in no time. +_+;;

Yeah, this forum is really active compared to a lot of other ones I go to. We have a strong active member base because we all get along, even despite our disagreements. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkai ringo (Post 17985)
^^^No no no...Masuku aint the only one from finland here,
im from Finland too...so welcome masuku.
Im not so active here...thoug Oh and welcome back by the way
badtzmaru even though we havent probabbly even never chatted here.
But still glad to see you here

Wah thanks, Benkai!! >_< I've seen your username around, but I guess we've never officially met. It's nice to meet you! *shakes hand* XD I'm Erin, but you can call me XO or badtz or maru or whatever you want. @_@ (The same goes for you, Marinka, and well, I guess everyone on this forum. o_o)

Oh, so you're from Finland, too? Hmm, do you and Marinka live near each other?? :o

What kind of tortillas do you like, Marinkna?? XD

Masuku 2007.10.06 04:35 PM

^ I guess i'll call you Maru then XD it's easier to type than badtz.
Well I don't know do me and benkai live near, Finland is enough big to make even 1000km long trip from my place to benkai's place. Well, I live somewhere around Pori, how about you benkai? :D

I don't know how to describe my favorite tortilla.. but at least it must have blue cheese in it XD

Welcome to Carmen! Yayz for another female member here

Kasanagi 2007.10.06 07:05 PM

Hey, what happened to the "No pic, no post" rule here?

HEDOfloe 2007.10.06 07:33 PM

I think that was in the member's pictures thread

CARMEN 2007.10.07 01:08 AM

Thanks!
You guys all seem to come from such interesting places.....places I may never afford to go in my life >.<!

benkai ringo 2007.10.07 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 18043)

Wah thanks, Benkai!! >_< I've seen your username around, but I guess we've never officially met. It's nice to meet you! *shakes hand* XD I'm Erin, but you can call me XO or badtz or maru or whatever you want. @_@ (The same goes for you, Marinka, and well, I guess everyone on this forum. o_o)

Oh, so you're from Finland, too? Hmm, do you and Marinka live near each other?? :o

*Shakes "XO maru's" hand* Glad to meet you too!
well could we say we have now officially met finally? XD

I'm Teemu, but you can call me anything you like,
haha
but i guess i prefer to use my usename more often
in different forums but dont we all do that? ;) :lol:and yes i'm from Finland too.
Officially born and raised, Dont know is that then again a good thing or not >_<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masuku (Post 18089)
Well I don't know do me and benkai live near, Finland is enough big to make even 1000km long trip from my place to benkai's place. Well, I live somewhere around Pori, how about you benkai? :D

not so close...but i guess there is not *so much* distance
between us. I live in a place cald Halikko, It's
close Turku i would say about half an hour trip away from Turku. :)

I see we have tortilla addicts around here better to hide the tortillas :P
girls and boys! Oh and CARMEN welcome aboard! enjoys your stay here.

badtzmaru 2007.10.07 01:54 PM

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing when I typed that. XD But, at least we're on friendly terms now, then? :blink: I think I'll take your advice and hide my tortillas. :ph43r:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasanagi (Post 18103)
Hey, what happened to the "No pic, no post" rule here?

Kasanagi, did you get any sleep? o_o I didn't mean to wake you up when you were tired! >_<;;

Kasanagi 2007.10.07 07:35 PM

^ oops! sorry bout that Hedo and XO...Battlestar Galactica replaced my sleeping habit...

OOhhh Tortillas, I get into a craving phase for those every now and then, the craving expands to KFC twisters, peking duck wraps and Kebabs, and dies out when overnight kebab joints sells me undercook kebabs...

golem09 2007.10.08 12:18 AM

lucky one, I wonder when season 3 will be available in germany...
Somehow battlestar was never succesfull here. Only season 1 was broadcastet in free-tv and that was almost two years ago.
DVD ftw

Kasanagi 2007.10.08 05:34 AM

Yea its not really big here either X_X; Season 1 aired on free-TV, then season 2 got cut about 2/3 of the way. I'm actually getting this on BT, and just finished season 2, gotta wait for next month to get season 3....

frakking toasters.

Maou 2007.10.08 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasanagi (Post 18226)
^ oops! sorry bout that Hedo and XO...Battlestar Galactica replaced my sleeping habit...

Sleep is overrated anyways. I've only had more than six hours of sleep one time in the last three years. That one time was only because I was sick and slept for 12 hours. Maybe that's why I've been getting progressively weirder recently?

golem09 2007.10.08 04:42 PM

Yeah, I hate sleep, I want to get back to Uberman...

HEDOfloe 2007.10.08 05:49 PM

lol, Uberman ^_^.

I love it when I'm sleeping, but I have to force myself to go to sleep because it feels like such a waste of time. It's like temporary death @_@.

Kasanagi 2007.10.08 06:17 PM

Sleep is for people who work or study, so its just not my thing...

HEDOfloe 2007.10.08 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasanagi (Post 18266)
Sleep is for people who work or study, so its just not my thing...

Hah, I do both which is why sleep is a problem. Takes up too much time!!

inaux 2007.10.09 05:55 PM

Hi all :) just recently discovered Ringo from a video game character adaptation of her; I fell in love with Yami ni furu ame, subsequently SS and the rest of her discography.
I used to despise rock music, but Ringo's multi-genre'ness has definitely made me more open minded. :E

Kasanagi 2007.10.09 06:57 PM

Welcome Inaux! awsome avatar! I'm guessing you are a Guilty Gear player.

HEDOfloe 2007.10.09 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaux (Post 18340)
Hi all :) just recently discovered Ringo from a video game character adaptation of her; I fell in love with Yami ni furu ame, subsequently SS and the rest of her discography.
I used to despise rock music, but Ringo's multi-genre'ness has definitely made me more open minded. :E

W3lC0M3! Hah, nice way to get introduced to Ringo :). Good to hear that the variety in her music is appreciated :D

lin_hikaru_7 2007.10.09 09:53 PM

Hallo! I'm Lin a teenage Ringo-addict from the Northwest.

I first heard of her through the "Le Salle De Bain" which I absolutely fell in love with, and promptly shared with my neighbors and even sent a copy through e-mail (Shame! Shame! Bad!) which was a big thing for me since I had dial-up at the time.

It wasn't until when Ringo resumed her solo career at the beginning of this year that I really became obsessed though. I have a soft spot for Muzai Moratorium even though some people think it's juvenile, I'm always finding new gems on Adult, and can't figure out why Mayonaka wa Junketsu never got on an album.

I joined Electric Mole not only for the lively debates, great information, but also for the very pretty photo paraphernalia a lot of you post. Thanks for that lots!

I didn't post until now because I didn't actually know where the New Members Thread was, and because I didn't have a spiffy av/sig set. That was fixed with some old hats, a fruit, a camera and some wacky photo software this evening.

It's very nice to meet you all!

ChickShhh 2007.10.09 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lin_hikaru_7 (Post 18352)
lively debates

:lol:
welcome and nice avatar

Izam 2007.10.09 10:25 PM

Is it a requirement to post here as a new member? ^^ I've been a long time fan of SR.

Glathannus 2007.10.09 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izam (Post 18356)
Is it a requirement to post here as a new member? ^^ I've been a long time fan of SR.

I'm not sure that it's required...
*eyeballs the admins*
but it's definitely respected.

Judging by your collection, I'd say you being a fan "a long time" is probably true. :D

Welcome to Electric Mole!

badtzmaru 2007.10.12 03:10 PM

Welcome, everyone!! <3 I'm glad you all introduced yourselves! *huggles*

Inaux, that's so cool that Ringo is the first rock artist you like! >_<

Lin, your avatar is soo cute!! XD I think Ringo would love that hat, hehe! :lol:

OMG, Izam!! Is your doll in your avatar/sig supposed to be of Ringo!?!? O_O That's soooo cool!! Is the rest of her outfit similar to "Tsumi to Batsu"s??

Izam 2007.10.16 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 18359)
I'm not sure that it's required...
*eyeballs the admins*
but it's definitely respected.

Judging by your collection, I'd say you being a fan "a long time" is probably true. :D

Welcome to Electric Mole!

THank you for the warm welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 18576)
Welcome, everyone!! <3 I'm glad you all introduced yourselves! *huggles*

Inaux, that's so cool that Ringo is the first rock artist you like! >_<

Lin, your avatar is soo cute!! XD I think Ringo would love that hat, hehe! :lol:

OMG, Izam!! Is your doll in your avatar/sig supposed to be of Ringo!?!? O_O That's soooo cool!! Is the rest of her outfit similar to "Tsumi to Batsu"s??

In a way yes. But the outfit doesn't exactly match and the body is a boy ^^ I will try some Ringo cosplay with him in the future though.

kagura 2007.10.16 04:53 AM

Minna-san, hi:)))
I've been listening Ringo for almost 3 years and just can't help it))))) My first song was Doppelganger (at that time, I wasn't familiar with Japanese music, so i just looked for songs in mp3-rotation sites). And then was Love is blind, TJ's Kenka Jotou and La salle de bain PV, which made me Ringo fan forever!
For me Ringo is not just a favourite artist, but a representative of the whole Japan - with her great ability to mix all the possible genres and create own original MUSIC of such depth and power. The only pity is that few people know about her, even among the Japanese culture fans.
I also listen to JRock and occasionally to Jpop. But Ringo is the best!

But - shame on me! - i discovered your forum only recently. It's great! I learned so many things. Arigatou for everyone for sharing!!!
And douzo yoroshiku onegai shima~su!!!!))))

EmilScherbe 2007.10.16 05:28 AM

Wow, first ever EMF member from Ukraine ?
Welcome!

fluffiethesock 2007.10.16 06:41 AM

Welcome kagura. I'm glad you're a fan of Ringo and Uki.

YOU ARE A BIG FAN OF UKIGUMO

Heh heh.. But welcome!

Kasanagi 2007.10.16 06:52 AM

^ Is there a rule here against subliminal messages? *checks board rules* guess not

give me money give me money give me money give me money

Oh yea welcom Kagura!

golem09 2007.10.16 09:19 AM

Were is Linnea btw, taking a break until she hears Variety?
That break should be over by now...

badtzmaru 2007.10.16 09:36 AM

Welcome, Kagura!! :D Hey, I've listened to them for 3 years and am 19, too! :o Well, either way I'm happy you decided to join our forum!! :wub:

I wonder where Linnea is, too... T_T Maybe she's busy with schoolwork.

*gives Kasanagi $10*

Lena-chan 2007.10.16 01:38 PM

usaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii come baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!
>_<
welcome kagura!
/o/
at 1st sight I thought "huh?! O.õ why Orenji is posting it???"
I think all the member's old avatars remain in my head
AHA!!!
fluffie wants more soldiers for his side! :ph43r:
KAGURA LOVES THE MOST HIRAMA, OLD SR AND TJ PHASE 1

Kasanagi 2007.10.16 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 18852)

*gives Kasanagi $10*

arghhh I knew I should've asked for more *takes the $10* :hmph:

All this contradicting subliminal messages is gonna make Kagura's head explode....

kagura 2007.10.17 06:17 AM

*exploding*
Well, actually I do love old SR more, but as for Ukigumo vs Hirama - I don't have any preferences (although listening to some Variety tracks there's really smth missing:( but i don't think it's just Uki's fault)

Lena-chan 2007.10.17 06:26 AM

yey /o/

Maou 2007.10.17 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagura (Post 18904)
(although listening to some Variety tracks there's really smth missing:( but i don't think it's just Uki's fault)

It's always Uki's fault when something sucks. Even if he plays good in a song, but everyone else sucks, it's his fault. His aura of suck is just that strong.

badtzmaru 2007.10.17 09:34 PM

Ahh dang it, I was so sure Hedo made a Ringo + Peach photo. >_<

Anyway, I think Peach joined our fora... @_.@

HEDOfloe 2007.10.18 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 18950)
Ahh dang it, I was so sure Hedo made a Ringo + Peach photo. >_<

Anyway, I think Peach joined our fora... @_.@

Hahah, I was going to do one of these but that's when I got the idea for the Ringo and Bowser one which I thought was funnier. I guess peach will come later :D

stem 2007.11.05 04:12 AM

Hello.
Despite my location, I am not Japanese. I'm an American university exchange student in Japan. I took the name stem here because I derived it from my real name and it's a Ringo reference, but I have been lurking forums since my early teen days usually with the username axthefish.
I've been a fan of Ringo since around 2001, when I first listened to Shouso Strip. My love for all things Ringo has grown ever since then. Oddly enough, I think I reached the pinnacle of my Ringo fandom around when Tokyo Jihen was formed.
My favorite Shiina Ringo solo album is pretty much a tie between Muzai Moratorium and Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana. I can't seem to decide which to chose as my favorite. My inner music snob wants to embrace Karuki as a artistic triumph, but I have more of an emotional connection to Muzai.
As far as Tokyo Jihen goes, my favorite album is Adult, but I also love Kyoiku and Variety. I don't hate Uki. :lol:

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.11.05 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stem (Post 20036)
My favorite Shiina Ringo solo album is pretty much a tie between Muzai Moratorium and Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana. I can't seem to decide which to chose as my favorite. My inner music snob wants to embrace Karuki as a artistic triumph, but I have more of an emotional connection to Muzai.

Win! Welcome :)

Glathannus 2007.11.05 04:21 AM

Welcome to the community, Stem.
That song was my cherry-popper into Ringodom.

I too have a hard time choosing between Muzai Moratorium and KSK.

justriiingo 2007.11.05 07:01 AM

Welcome to the community stem.
2003-2004: Best time to be a Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen fan.
And it goes downhill after that. (Feel free to disagree though.)

fluffiethesock 2007.11.05 09:32 AM

Any of us, or just stem? :p

justriiingo 2007.11.05 05:49 PM

We always disagree on everything anyway fluffie.

fluffiethesock 2007.11.05 07:20 PM

I love Tsumi to Batsu, riiingo. :)

GENXiA 2007.11.18 08:36 AM

Hellos there~

My name is Angelique, but you can call me GENXiA because I'm not too fond of my name...

Anyway; I've been a fan of SR/TJ since 2004. (Although I heard of SR in like 2002 but didn't pay attention, *slaps hand* BAD ME~! :angry:) Actually, Ms. Shiina is one of the artists that has influenced me to start writing lyrics again. :wub:YAY.

Besides listening to SR/TJ, I listen to a lot of JPOP and starting to get into JROCK (Too many to list~). I also enjoy studying Japanese and Chinese (but Japanese has been on hiatus for about.... 2 YEARS! ITS BEEN THAT LONG??? :waa: WTF), Playing Video games, writing lyrics and... pretty much going to school in general.

Plus, Im tired of being the only one that I know of in my school of 4,000+ (seriously~) and people that I know who knows about the musical Genius SHIINA RINGO~ w00t!:D

Thats all for now, lol. Hope to become good friends with all of yas!

HEDOfloe 2007.11.18 09:13 AM

Angelique is such a cool name! But GENXiA is, also :D. Welcome to the forum!

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.11.18 09:43 AM

Welcome! Angelique is a pretty name!

Yahiko 2007.11.24 09:30 PM

ohhhh i'm new here ! :D hi

fluffiethesock 2007.11.24 10:21 PM

Hey n00bz!

justriiingo 2007.11.25 07:41 PM

Great to see you here Yahiko. Love your sig.

Yahiko 2007.11.27 04:28 AM

thank you! justriiiingo... do you know me from somewhere else? :o

Ladymercury 2007.11.27 06:05 AM

Welcome :)

justriiingo 2007.11.27 02:33 PM

No I don't.
Am I supposed to?
I just like the fact that you're here, and you're actively posting. :) Oh and that you're from Brazil (because Brazilian music, esp from the 60s-70s, is the best!)

Yahiko 2007.12.02 09:09 PM

oh I see it just sounded like :3 so you must really like Kuroi Orufe :D

whats Rep Power and Referrals, ppl? @_@

Glathannus 2007.12.02 09:55 PM

Rep Power is how much you bonus someone else's Reputation rating when you Approve their post (the only option you get for awhile), or how much you penalize their rating for Disapproving the post. Even if it says "0", in this community you still effectively have at least 1 Rep Power. I don't think anyone has 2 Rep Power yet, and it'll be a very long time before anyone does (it's related a combination of jointime/postcount/reputation/etc.). Reputation is sort of like a popularity rating, except you're supposed to judge individual posts rather than a person's overall history within the community. It's very difficult and rare to post at least a hundred times without attracting Reputation (for better or for worse) from at least one other member, either because you have your moments, or you're practically a spammer.

Referrals are how many people you've directed to this community, who actually mention you when they join. The number is more of a bragging right than anything else, as this is a nonprofit site, not an affiliate scheme.

Yahiko 2007.12.03 03:58 PM

thats a nice system! :O congratz to whoever did that :D

Kasanagi 2007.12.08 09:32 PM

errr welcom lurker turned new guy, I like your sig.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.12.09 04:18 AM

Welcome, Colonel.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.12.09 07:39 AM

I am indeed. Unfortunately won't get to play the fourth until at least Christmas 08 :(

digdad 2007.12.12 12:09 PM

Konnichi wa (at least in my time zone). I'm a new member, thought I'd give a hello. I see that a couple others I was discussing Shiina with over at another forum have recently registered as well. I'm a recent fan, having just discovered her earlier this year. I've been listening to Japanese music for a couple years, starting with the pillows, who a friend introduced me to. As I was searching for new Japanese music, I came across Shiina, who I had actually run across numerous times before searching for Ringo Starr videos and info (I'm a big Beatles fan) but never before bothered to give a listen. Bad me. When I finally heard her, I thought "Wow, she's good." Then I came across OSCA and found out that TJ was fronted by her. When I soon after discovered she did a cover of Yer Blues, I tracked it down, gave it a listen, and, shall we say, the deal was sealed. I've been listening to SR and TJ even more than the Beatles lately.

fluffiethesock 2007.12.12 12:47 PM

Mmmm, sounds like what happened to me. Welcome, daddig!

Kasanagi 2007.12.12 03:41 PM

Welcome dig! Ringo puppet for avatar = Epic win.

digdad 2007.12.13 07:19 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I do love that Ringo humor. The little Ringo-chan puppet just cracks me up.