Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SR] 2018.10.02 Kemono Yuku Hosomichi (Digital) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2291)

deadgrandma 2018.10.04 04:01 PM

I mean, Jihad CAN like it

But I'll loss all respect for him if he does ;)

Tokyo Jihad 2018.10.04 06:20 PM

Ugh, downloading to my physical hard drive? How 2009. (I don't use Spotify and I guess its not on Google Play.)

I won't disappoint, i don't particularly like it. She's made less memorable. No Saito Neko from the sounds of it! I can't help but feel apologetic. Getting soft in my old age. Like, its passable from an objective stand point. Its got a tune, and feels lively. She's made straight up pablum before. The video is alright. I find it difficult to get too worked up. Keep in mind, my ideal year of Ringo would be radio silence until 2020.

deadgrandma 2018.10.04 06:34 PM

I hate that its got no Saito Neko but still fucking sounds like it has Saito Neko.

RIP that dream/long held theory that it was Neko ruining it all.

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) 2018.10.04 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 99145)
Ugh, downloading to my physical hard drive? How 2009.

:o eh!?

Streaming and online-only is bogus, bro! Actual files always best! :hmph:

That being said, this Ringo tune ain't worth keeping in ANY form.:wub:

Lena-chan 2018.10.05 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) (Post 99148)
Streaming and online-only is bogus, bro! Actual files always best! :hmph:

I still have to download stuff to put in my cellphone to listen to when I go to places, mobile internet in Turkey is expensive
o.o
and let's be honest, if there's a possibility of me having something without actually paying for it I'm totally in
(though I don't download stuff that is already on spotify)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) (Post 99148)
That being said, this Ringo tune ain't worth keeping in ANY form.:wub:

not even worth listening to it more than once!

a_grumble_cake 2018.10.05 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespidereggs (Post 99119)
It sounds like she's beyond bored with her own music. And what's with all the duets lately? :hmph:

Maybe it's the musical version of being so bored with your marriage sex life you try to bring people from the outside to spice things up.

thespidereggs 2018.10.05 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake (Post 99150)
Maybe it's the musical version of being so bored with your marriage sex life you try to bring people from the outside to spice things up.

Heh, and Ringo's career has lasted longer than most marriages at that ;)

Were I to wager a guess (and as deadgrandma mentioned) Ringo's gearing up for a duets album with 5-character song titles and half-previously released tracks for after EXPO 2018.

Clearly there's a pattern here...
長く短い祭 (w/ Ukigumo)
神様、仏様 (w/ Shutoku Mukai)
目抜き通り (w/ Tortoise Matsumoto)
おとなの掟 (w/ Nao Matsuzaki)
獣ゆく細道 (w/ Kohji Miyamoto)

Granted Kamisama and Otona were pretty solid. But what's the point, though, if she's not going to do anything musically interesting?

chestnutflowers 2018.10.07 02:13 AM

An old interview, but relevant to the discussions in this thread:
Quote:

Ringo: If I were alone as 1 person it would be okay, but there are a lot of staff at my office. My concerts also have a swarm of people. I have to continue to work for their sake as well. Oh, because I feel like the production detail similar to the way I do it is the present state, nobody can do it, but in the instance that they can I will leave. I think I want listeners to be able to think that "It's good if a record like that exist, and I want to see a concert like that. If I could only think of my own life, I think I'd want to lay around in bed all day, drink alcohol, and read.
https://onehallyu.com/topic/115793-n...-ringo-part-1/

deadgrandma 2018.10.07 02:43 AM

She should just do that

Would be better than releasing this stuff

Lena-chan 2018.10.07 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chestnutflowers (Post 99152)
An old interview, but relevant to the discussions in this thread:

O...K...
now I don't have hope anymore
;o;