Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What songs would you like Shiina Ringo to cover? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1133)

marcus314 2009.06.27 09:22 AM

Umm Tori Amo's "Silent All These Years?"

JonnoJ 2009.06.27 10:07 AM

Kaya - Rose Jail

This. With Neko orchestration. I'd love an album filled with stuff like that lol, though I'm not holding my breath...

Positron 2009.06.28 01:00 AM

I've only got two wishes for this:

1. Any song where her voice would not normally fit.
(ex. Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg)

2. Any song that she wrote with/for other artists where she does not perform on the track.
(ex. the Rie Tomosaka, TOKIO, and Puffy songs)

A Michael Jackson song would be kinda fitting right now, too.

kuro_neko 2009.06.28 01:08 AM

omg, Ringo singing Tokai no Manner would be AMAZING, ditto for Hiyori Hime.

I'd like to see Ringo cover Motto by Judy and Mary, I'd cream my pants. Or perhaps Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu (Sailor Uniform and Machine Gun).

Number one on my list is an official studio recording of UFO by Pink Lady. ;;orgasm;;

Scribble R 2009.06.28 02:19 AM

Tokai no Manners would be awesome.

NCORE 2009.06.28 03:14 AM

I don't think I'd really care about what she'll cover in the future
but here's something
(not Shinji)PGs Fleetwood mac

Or something like Time Table by Genesis :p

MBF 2009.06.28 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 58943)
Number one on my list is an official studio recording of UFO by Pink Lady. ;;orgasm;;

OMG... don't make me imagine such awesomeness... it'd be too frustrating!!

CKSI 2009.06.28 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 51238)
moooore enka.

Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu would be a perfect song for Ringo.

Oh, and a song like Music Fighter of Motto by JAM would be AWESOME for Ringo's vocals. YUKI and Ringo should do a side project together, it would be AWESSSOOOOMEEE, I'd probably cream my pants.

I think I would cream my pants too...:wub:

Cosmo! 2009.06.28 11:43 PM

I've been listening to the Beatles a lot lately and I wanna hear a cover of A Day in the Life.

using her "let's tear this shit up" approach to Yer Blues as an indication, the drama and ear-shattering explosion of sound halfway through A Day in the Life seems right up Ringo's crazy bitch alley.

a cover of This is Your Life by the Killers would be nice, too. she could even turn their Joy Ride into one of her breezy Caribbean romps.

the new Regina Spektor album is out, and their quirks have always drawn comparisons from me. Regina sings like a dolphin on Folding Chair, but how would Ringo up the ante?

I don't think there are many covers Ringo wouldn't be able to pull off well. *remembers I Won't Last a Day Without You and Tamanegi no Happy Song* well...there are a few.

Scribble R 2009.06.29 04:03 AM

Yeah. SR would butcher most Motown songs.