Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tokyo Jihen anniversairy? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1202)

Narimiya 2009.06.04 02:21 PM

Tokyo Jihen anniversairy?

Hi everybody :)
This is my first post in this forum. Nice to meet you all!
I am a Ringo fan since 2005. And sorry for my bad English. I am working hard on it ;)

The reason why I started a new threat is that I am curios about wether Tokyo Jihen will celebrate their 5th anniversairy with some releases or not? Ringo celebrated her 5th anniversairy with the Baisho Ecstasy release. Maybe it will be a concert DVD for TJ too :)
What do you think?

Glathannus 2009.06.04 02:34 PM

Same answer I already posted over here, still applies:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus
If anything is going to be released from an anniversary marketing standpoint, it should be respectful to both the former and the newer members of Tokyo Jihen, like the way Adult Pour Homme included Phase 1 and Phase 2 versions of Himitsu, as well as new studio versions of other songs that made their debut on Dynamite Out. You can't just release some concert of a Variety-centric setlist and say that it honors the legacy of the band's entire first five or ten years.

I have no idea what Tokyo Jihen would do for their 5th anniversary, but I know what they wouldn't do. If an SR/TJ concert performance has ever been broadcast in any context other than "This is from an upcoming DVD", the performance is doomed never to be sold on DVD. Take a deep breath and repeat after me: "DOMESTIC Virgin Line and Spa & Treatment are both dooomed." Now take another deep breath, then go find yourself a different hope before you end up too disappointed.

I would love to get Adults Only on DVD (this is a fairly reasonable dream because the performance has never been broadcast), but if that were ever going to get released, it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until the 10th anniversary.

They will probably release some compilations (among other things) during their 10th anniversary, but that's really a damn shame because I don't like robbing the singles of their own individual packaging, and I don't like the encouragement of listening to B-sides on their own instead of sprinkled in debut order between the albums. When you're a late fan and trying to catch up on what you missed, hearing all the B-sides back-to-back just isn't the same experience as dwelling upon a couple of B-sides while you're waiting to hear the next album that comes out after those B-sides. I'm not saying I'm better than later fans who never had to wait, but I'm just saying that when the compilations or boxsets aren't structured like single+single+album+single+album (etc.), there's nothing forcing you to give each track the same kind of attention they would have got if you were an earlier fan. I feel kinda bad for not having this experience with Asai Kenichi's pre-solo material. Not that he has anything like a Watashi to Houden, but it's so much easier to buy his old albums late compared to buying his old singles late, and then by the time you get your hands on those singles, most of the between-albums excitement or intrigue is gone.

Narimiya 2009.06.04 02:48 PM

I just wanted to collect some more speculations.
I'm sorry if I get on your nerves..

Glathannus 2009.06.04 02:49 PM

That's not a problem. :)
(somebody here might know something I don't)

ShinjiPG 2009.06.04 02:59 PM

I don't have a clue, really.
My only guess is that nothing will happen, seeing as... nothing has happened since Spa & Treatment (2007 or 2008). And Ringo is doing her thing now and she said Jihen are kind of in hiatus now, so it would be weird to see an efusive promotion of the band's anniversary during the new solo album promotion. A simple release, that wouldn't require the members to actually be active, isn't out of my array of credible possibilities tho. I guess.

Ringo~Bingo 2009.06.04 03:02 PM

Is the 5th anniversary even considered a big thing? I thought it started at ten years for most things.

I suppose it could be exploited in a marketing sense but five years is no real milestone at all. (in my opinion at least)

Happy 5th anniversary we're disbanding!!! (joke)

Orenji 2009.06.04 03:03 PM

Hmmm I think it's kind of possible that they come back late this year. Heisei Fuuzoku and Variety were released the same year so I don't think they'll be releasing a new DVD concert. Maybe ADULT ONLY as Glath said, or maybe a new single. Who knows...

Tokyo Jihad 2009.06.04 05:40 PM

hopefully they celebrate it by dissolution.

kuro_neko 2009.06.04 05:54 PM

I think a double album would be badass, not that this is likely. first disc could be live best music, mish mash of live staples/surprises, second disc could rarities and b-sides such as kurumaya-san, senkou shoujo, etc etc

if we DO get an anniversary release chances are it would be some sort of singles/best/b-side compilation. They only have an actual 5 legit physical single releases, but if they added best of tracks from albums plus non-official single rarities such as kurumaya-san and put your camera down they could easily reach a full length release.

personally, I don't think we are getting anything for their anniversary, but it is nice to wish.

Tokyo Jihad 2009.06.04 07:25 PM

did people forget TJ made Variety?