Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 三毒史 announced (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2305)

Vorpax 2019.04.22 03:05 PM

Really loving the Atsushi Sakurai (huge fan here!) and Ringo collab news, but I'm definitely not excited about this album. Honestly, I think it'll be worse than Sunny.

thespidereggs 2019.04.22 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorpax (Post 99598)
Honestly, I think it'll be worse than Sunny.

Maybe. I'm suspending judgment til I hear the album in its full context. Based on the available tracks I think it could def be a more cohesive listen at least. Having 獣ゆく細道 come in after 鶏と蛇と豚 does it a ton of favors, and the new/old tracks seem more evenly distributed throughout.

And I am the only one who thinks the autotune is actually an interesting effect on 鶏と蛇と豚? Then again I don't find autotune as distasteful as others here (to each his own!) :P

Osiris12345 2019.04.22 07:55 PM

The autotune didn't bother me either so you're not alone. I actually enjoyed the instrumentation a lot. It felt very "Hatsukoi Shoujo" meets "Superficial Gossip" in a good way. The Buddhist chanting was also a nice touch.

As far as the new album goes, I really wish we'd get an album full of all new material too. I think we all want that. Maybe Ringo read all the comments EMFers made about her albums post-Adult and she was like "yeah, fuck that" :lol:

deadgrandma 2019.04.23 02:49 AM

I find the instrumentation to mainly sound like the opening track from Daihakken

Vorpax 2019.04.23 05:44 AM

Just listened to new single, yeah, nice instrumentation but the autotune is totally unnecessary.... And I'm not even an autotune hater, I think it has it's uses...

Lena-chan 2019.04.23 11:21 PM

I actually liked the single
I didn't loved it, of course, it's very nu-Ringo as most of her songs after 2005 are
but I wouldn't skip it if it came randomly in a playlist

JimmyKoria 2019.04.24 03:21 PM

I had to re-listen to it, since I heard it at 4 am and couldn't turn up the volume. The monk chants give me faint illusions to KZK, because they are some what haunting. I don't mind the auto-tune but it could have been a lot less abrasive and given off the impression (if any) that was intended.

I thought the lyrics were in English and they are. They feel strange. I saw them posted on the YouTube upload and thought "is that a translation?" nope lol.

chestnutflowers 2019.04.30 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespidereggs (Post 99592)
  • There's still hope the cover will be better than SUNNY's gaudy copy-paste collage style.

Man, do I have some bad news for you...

thespidereggs 2019.04.30 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chestnutflowers (Post 99619)
Man, do I have some bad news for you...

Lmao. I love it. It's definitely a statement :wakka:

To be fair the limited edition cover is cropped slightly better:
Quote:

deadgrandma 2019.05.01 03:09 AM

Can't even make a joke about it for the joke of the cover itself is too strong.