Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Associated Artists (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How much has Phase 2 boosted Uki and Izawa's careers? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1287)

Scribble R 2009.07.23 03:28 PM

How much has Phase 2 boosted Uki and Izawa's careers?

Their careers away from TJ

How popular was Ukigumo before he joined TJ?
Did the sales of Petrolz stuff increase significantly after him joining Phase 2?

Same w/Izawa

Actually, Phase 1 members too (Although I know PE'Z was already 'established')

Tokyo Jihad 2009.07.23 05:27 PM

Izawa was a nobody.
Uki was a jazz set musician with his own band with a small following.
Hirama was a set musician with his own underground solo career.
HzM was the man who was pretty well known already.

You can't say more people didnt know their names after Shiina affiliation. Whether they're %-wise more well-liked is a different matter. Hirama and HzM are without a doubt more popularly liked. Uki no doubt gained more fans than before, but he also no doubt gained negative attention. Izawa is pretty hazy, but no one woulda bought Rashipoki otherwise.

kuro_neko 2009.07.23 07:22 PM

about izawa, he is hardly a nobody, here is some information about him that you might not know:

he started piano at age 4 and guitar while in middle school

he enrolled in a private college of music and quit because he started having doubts have being able to create music while studying. he soon joined with H Zett M of PE'Z and Phase 1 fame and created a band, they lasted for all of 3 months.

it was this friendship which was responsible for him joining Jihen, H Zett M introduced him to Ringo and the boys as his replacement.

out of everyone in Jihen, Izawa is closest with Hata. He often refers to Izawa as Ukigumo Chichioya (Father Ukigumo LOL)

Tokyo Jihad 2009.07.23 07:27 PM

how does that not make him a nobody? =p "Friend of person we sorta know who dropped out of college" only works if you're Kim Kardashian. =p

ShadyNook 2009.07.23 11:18 PM

Ukigumo and Mikio Hirama were also unknowns in mainstream music. Uki had no album and Hirama only had one EP, and its kinda crummy. The initial press of Yume to Negoto is hard to find. maybe he was burning them on cd-r in his own house or something.

Ukigumo met Ringo while working in one of EMI's recording facilities during the KSK period, correct if incorrect. Petrolz didnt exist until 2005 so they are noobs like Appa.

I dont who Ringo's first pick was for TJ's guitarist was.

Hirama definitely got a career boost. so much that he got the confidence to leave right after HZM!

A career boost had to have happened to Ukigumo because i bought his cd. Same for Izawa. Without the Ringo Connection, their cd's wouldnt be in my collection. haha

Ringo is the Kevin Bacon of the music industry, or maybe its Kameda?

Osiris12345 2009.07.24 04:47 PM

I have nothing to contribute to the thread other than saying ShadyNook's sig is completely awesome.

ROCKET 2009.08.24 10:10 PM

Sorry if i'm being off topic, but where could I find Ukigumo's and Izawa's albums? (their bands and stuff)

Glathannus 2009.08.24 10:15 PM

Amazon.co.jp or tower.jp
Try searching through those sites for the following:
Petrolz
ペトロールズ
ぺトロールズ
Appa
あっぱ

ROCKET 2009.08.24 10:26 PM

thanks!

Kingyohime 2012.03.12 06:30 AM

Hey, sorry to be resurrecting threads from the dead, but I may know the answer to this one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 60735)
I dont who Ringo's first pick was for TJ's guitarist was.

Unless I remember wrong, she was trying to get Tomotaka Imamichi, a.k.a. Imasa the ex-BARBEE BOYS frontman, for this. He apparently wasn't down with playing second fiddle to her, though, it seems. By all accounts he's a rather eccentric guy (even having something of an obsession with numbers similar to Ringo's), so I can see where there'd have been potential for them to butt heads had he joined.
He's awesome, though, and I'd have loved to see how he'd have shaped TJ's sound if he had. Bummer.