Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ringo Related things in other artist's videos (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1475)

KronKyrios 2010.05.14 09:52 PM

Ringo Related things in other artist's videos

2 Attachment(s)
Hope this is related enough to not be considered Off Topic. I have found two things from Ringo's videos in other artists videos.

The first one is of a some-time-touring-keyboardist of Ringo's, playing on a television appearance by Yuki performing the song "Joy".

The second is the Ring she wore in the PV for "Tsumiki Asobi", and many other occasions, found in a Clazziquai PV, "Come To Me".

I would post the related pics from the Ringo videos for comparison, but I am lazy, and we are all fans enough to be able to verify these things from memory. Maybe someone else could post the related pics if people are interested.

Some questions and comments come to mind (some unrelated to Ringo)
What is the name of the keyboardist?
What TV Show is that performance of "Joy" from?
I have listened to a lot of Clazziquai, recently, and found that I only like 4-5 songs... But I REALLY LOVE those! :wub:
This isn't one of those.

Back on topic, perhaps we could make this a thread where people post obscure Ringo references or similarities in other artists media (If such a thread does not already exist)

a_grumble_cake 2010.05.15 02:45 AM

oh yeah the Vivienne Westwood armor ring... she used to wear that a lot. I think you can get them on ebay and places like that...

cool post

zyoeru 2010.05.15 07:20 AM

I'd like to have a knock-off version of the ring. XD

miffunevii 2010.05.17 06:46 AM

I gave one to my wife to ask marriage xDDD

ROCKET 2010.07.31 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffunevii (Post 69218)
I gave one to my wife to ask marriage xDDD

That was pretty cool :)

Carlx 2010.08.03 10:39 PM

Edited. My bad.

Besides that keybordist you are talking about, I believe I have seen the drummer from EXPO 08 somewhere else, but I can't remember now; anyway, that beard is unmistakable.

I'm going to be a bit offtopic: I've seen that Toe's AMAZING drummer is/was performing live with Kaela Kimura; I've also seen a guitarist called Ishinari Masato (or something) performing live both with Hajime Chitose and Maaya Sakamoto.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this kind of neutral and on loan musicians seems to be common in Japan. Well, perhaps everything comes down to "money talks".

Yahiko 2010.08.04 08:06 AM

the drummer form EXPO 08 is pretty much famous, actually .. famous or popular.. hes been playing studio drums for Do As Infinity until now

jsmoove5 2010.08.06 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 70103)
the drummer form EXPO 08 is pretty much famous, actually .. famous or popular.. hes been playing studio drums for Do As Infinity until now

yup,, i remember seeing that drummer and Kameda in some DAI music video..

Yahiko 2010.08.08 08:54 AM

as far as i remember, they are in Week! pv and also Eternal Flame (both kameda and kaasuke)

Maou 2010.08.08 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlx (Post 70098)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this kind of neutral and on loan musicians seems to be common in Japan. Well, perhaps everything comes down to "money talks".

Yes. If you look into it, you'll see that the crew who worked on Shiina's MM and SS often work together on other albums. It's very common to see Kameda, Susumu Nishikawa, Yukio Nagoshi, Masayuki Muraishi, and Kaasuke Kawamura listed in the credits of some album usually fronted by a female. I'm sure there's several of these groups around.

This is also a bit off-topic, but I don't know where to put it so... A long time ago (pre Jihen) I heard that Shiina dislikes Hitomi Yaida. I suspect it's because guitarist Susumu Nishikawa left Ringo's Gyakutai Glycogen band after the Senkou Ecstasy tour to play in Yaiko's band instead. Anybody heard anything else?