Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Favourite song of KSK (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=239)

fluffiethesock 2007.06.02 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 6700)
Hah hah, you brought it up, so now i dont feel remiss at all at "going there."

Everytime theres a poll like this, The song(s) i skip always get an unforseen number of votes. Akane Sasu in the MM thread. Odaji ni in this thread. --this is one of the rare occassions that I cant even remember what the song sounds like...now that I think hard, maybe I can. Ialways wanna get from Meisai to Yattsuke as quick as possible and don't wanna "lose the flow" with a soft song like Odaji ni. Same for Akane Sasu. In SS its Yami ni furu Ame, which I like -- but I often skip it anyway cuz even tho I like it, I dont think its all that great and from Gibbs, I wanna get right to Identity. Maybe if Gibbs and Yami ni had switched spots on the album, I wouldn't skip it. SS has far worse skip tracks than Yami ni, but they havent recieved >1 vote yet.

Woww Jihad. It seems that within the Shiina Ringo "dome," our tastes are completely opposite. :P

I always knew there was a bit of a difference in our choices in music (mostly from the Uki stuff), but this certainly proves it. I voted for both Akane Sasu and Odaiji ni for MM and KZK, and Yami ni Furu Ame is one of my favorite tracks from SS... one that I was considering voting for.

It just goes to show how awesome of a musician this woman is, making such a diverse collection of music that two people can have such different tastes regarding it. *gets teary eyed*

Maou 2007.06.02 08:20 PM

You know, I mostly agree with Jihad. The only song he listed there as one that he skips that I wouldn't skip Akane Sasu. That's one of my favorites. Odaijini is a song I just didn't get on the album. I love the Electric Mole version, but I rarely feel up to listening to the album version.

justriiingo 2007.06.03 07:50 AM

Finally, Yattsuke Shigoto.

^ I'm pretty sure fluffie likes all the songs I don't. Because even Maou likes so many songs that I don't.

madpawn 2007.06.03 08:10 AM

And I basically like everything! :D

I suppose I should be more discriminating.

...damn, Shuukyou is amazing. Even more intense than Souretsu, I'd say.

fluffiethesock 2007.06.03 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpawn (Post 7476)
And I basically like everything! :D

I suppose I should be more discriminating.

I don't usually skip any tracks, so I assume that means I like everything too. I do skip around a lot though, because I prefer certain songs over others, but I go back to the ones I didn't listen to later on.

zach 2007.06.22 11:20 AM

I refuse to vote on this poll, on principle. :) You might as well ask "what is your favorite color in the Mona Lisa?"

And, in its defense, I think Odaiji ni as recorded on KSK is one of SR's most tangibly intense songs, emotionally speaking. (Not to mention that as both a piano purist and a producer I think the piano track was recorded better than 99.99% of the piano tracks I've ever heard.) This song is a fine example of the "pregnant pause." I'd rank it up there in the heart-jerking-echelon with Gibs and a certain live of "La Salle" where the whole group's emotions seem to get out of control.

I sometimes skip Odaijini too, but it's because I'm just not prepared for it emotionally. But I do so knowing I'm being emotionally two-dimensional (i.e. lacking depth).

ps - I played Odaijini at a wedding reception once. haha

Loire 2007.06.23 04:05 PM

Souretsu is just one of her best songs but I had an hard time trying to pick one song only.

HEDOfloe 2007.06.23 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach (Post 10368)
I refuse to vote on this poll, on principle. :) You might as well ask "what is your favorite color in the Mona Lisa?"

I hadn't voted yet @_@. I totally agree, its so hard to choose, but I'd have to say my favorite is meisai. My second favorite would be yatsuke shigoto.

k3nj1kun 2007.06.24 09:47 AM

~yattsuke!

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.24 04:26 PM

I dunno, i think its more like saying "who is your favorite player" on some team rather than that. Theyre autonomous even whilst being a part of something.

Your analogy is more like "Whats your favorite note in Meisai?"
The correct answer: Cb