Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Amazon.co.uk question for UK users (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1406)

kuro_neko 2009.12.27 01:48 PM

Amazon.co.uk question for UK users

I got a question for all those UK members here...

my mom ordered me two singles and an album from Amazon.co.uk for Christmas and basically all 3 were new. the album itself was wrapped in plastic with a sticker on top, but the singles were the cardboard maxi type, so they are a cardboard front and back with a plastic tray/cd on the inside back cardboard. both of these came as is, not sealed in plastic, which I thought was weird for a new item. one of them has a sticker too,b ut its just ont he front cardboard....any thoughts? I emailed amazon.co.uk but they haven't responded yet....

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.12.27 01:52 PM

It's been a while since I bought a single, but if memory serves me correctly they aren't usually sealed in plastic.

mizer_unmei 2009.12.27 01:55 PM

I can't definitely say anything since I don't live in the UK, but the CDs I've gotten from there aren't consistent when being wrapped in plastic. I think it's just some aspect of the industry.

kuro_neko 2009.12.27 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 66009)
It's been a while since I bought a single, but if memory serves me correctly they aren't usually sealed in plastic.

thats the answer I wanna hear. my mom said they weren't sealed when she opened them but for me that sounds weird. I mean in the US singles are on the out and the ones that you can find are jewel cases. I have imported some Tori Amos singles from the UK and they have all been in the thin jewel case, the same they use in Japan for singles. But I've never bought the cardboard maxi type single. Since the sticker was right on the front I assume it isn't wrapped, but it just seems so weird to let it sit open like that, the cd could get damaged.

so when you go into record shops and look at singles they are just sitting there open?

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.12.27 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 66011)
so when you go into record shops and look at singles they are just sitting there open?

I honestly haven't looked at the singles section in years. When I bought singles years ago they'd have the empty case out on a shelf which you'd take to the till and they'd put the CD in for you. I don't know if it's the same now, I'll have a look next time I'm in town.

pariscombo 2009.12.27 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 66007)
I got a question for all those UK members here...

my mom ordered me two singles and an album from Amazon.co.uk for Christmas and basically all 3 were new. the album itself was wrapped in plastic with a sticker on top, but the singles were the cardboard maxi type, so they are a cardboard front and back with a plastic tray/cd on the inside back cardboard. both of these came as is, not sealed in plastic, which I thought was weird for a new item. one of them has a sticker too,b ut its just ont he front cardboard....any thoughts? I emailed amazon.co.uk but they haven't responded yet....

I have an album, a sort of what you described (a cardboard front and back with a plastic tray/cd on the inside back cardboard), even though I can't remember now whether it was sealed or not.