View Single Post
Old 2007.08.02, 06:06 AM   #14
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
And my point about the monster being entirely original and inspired and all that crap is simply that, it isn't going to be original, its going to probably be inspired by an amalgam of previous monsters, but I still think its lame how they are using Japan.

I just think half the stuff that is coming out of hollywood these days is crap and this is no exception, but thats just me.
In that case I don't see how it's possible to ever create a truly unique monster. Whatever attributes you gave it, it's going to be comparable to something else. I don't think that's necessarily stealing, it's just the monster movie genre is so oversaturated that it's hard not to be influenced by other movies. Still, the genre is pretty dormant and I think the likes of this and The Host will help bring it back to life. I certainly don't expect this to be Hollywood trash like the last Hollywood Godzilla movie (Sooo bad). I think it has enough of a talented team behind it, and enough 'gimmicks' to make it feel fresh that it could work well!

As for using Japan, I don't think they will. The only link it will have with Japan is that Rob, the main guy was planning on moving to Japan. Hence why they served sushi at his party and one of the guys was wearing a 'Slusho' T-Shirt which happens to be the codename of the movie and a company Abrams has used in Alias and Lost too.