View Single Post
Old 2007.08.25, 08:47 AM   #1004
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
so you're listening the best from my country, cause there isn't anything worth to listen in the last years >_<
I hope someday the brazilian musical scene turn to be as good as the old times ó.ò
So there's really none? Most, brazilian CDs I see are re-releases or compilations of old material. There hardly seem to be any mention of any young new music group from brazil. I don't believe brazilians can listen to Garota de Ipanema, Mas Que Nada, Desafinado etc...(you guys really have a large repertoire of classic songs) forever. Then again, it's really cool when you watch youtube live perfomances and hear the whole audience (young and old) singing along.

Listening to: Orlandivo - Tamanco no Samba

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Is it like a musical dark age everywhere or something?
Piracy probably has got something to do with this. Record execs are possibly putting too much effort on curbing piracy and too little on the actual quality of the music itself. On the flipside, piracy (and the falling prices of instruments and recording equipment) also gives individuals access to audio editing software so people now can easily experiment, record and mix their own music. Aren't we supposed to be getting some kind of renaissance from this?