View Single Post
Old 2007.09.17, 02:49 PM   #7
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know how this get spinned completely off of what I wanted to accomplish with it. I don't remember this thread being done before, but even if it was, we have a whole bunch of new members and the community seems different than what it was when it started. My main reason for starting this was just to see if we really were divided as you jihad said how there is an "adult camp", etc. I don't feel this way so I wanted to see for sure. I'm not trying to say how ADULT is better than Kyouiku or anything as I love both albums.

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
This poll isn't fair.
Kyoiku was oriented to be live, and it practically was (a few of the audiophiles here get the sense that Kyoiku was recorded with all the band members in one room at the same time), even before the Dynamite tour actually happened. Adult was oriented to be studio, because it wasn't involved with a Dream touring Team, but a very different kind of team altogether.

HZM was already held back plenty, but to not even get his stage presence...
Of course Kyoiku is going to get some thumbs down in this thread.

But I'll tell you what.
Just Can't Help It loses to Dynamite Out, more than Kyoiku loses to Adult.
Have to put things into perspective here.
I don't think this is unfair in any way because as I've said before, I love kyouiku despite the audio quality, just as many other people loved it. I'm not trying to knock the album for it. I like most of the Kyouiku songs a lot more on the album then live anyway. I especially miss the clapping in the songs that is on the recordings and not found in the live performances. If others don't share this point of view, then that's fine, but I definitely made this poll in all fairness and sincerity and was not trying to compare the quality of the sound between the albums.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote