View Single Post
Old 2007.10.04, 06:55 AM   #7
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by bebio View Post
Another interesting question: what if Shiina suddenly decided to use this new business model, and "Variety" had been given to us as a "pay what you want" model (with the option to buy an ultra expensive limited edition of Variety, like Radiohead did)?
I demand TJ to pay me back for the damages I've incurred after listening to that horrendous album.

I'd buy an ultra expensive limited edition of everything SR did up to Variety (yes even including Adult).

I definitely think taking on this alternative business strategy is a smart move for Radiohead and will garner them even more respect in the music industry. Still, how likely is it that this strategy can be refined to be used to replace the traditional money making model on other bands in the music industry? I'm not sure how many bands can pull this off.

Just to clarify, do you pay for the music before or after you're done downloading and listening to it? Supposing that you can pay anytime (or get your money back), and you paid only $0 ($25) before downloading and after listening to the album you think it's worth $25 ($0), would you go back to top up the balance (get your money back)?