View Single Post
Old 2007.12.15, 07:59 AM   #22
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I thought it looked pretty dumb when the trailer began, but once the thing attacked New York I was quite intrigued.

Lost spoilers:
I doubt they'll do this, but I think it would be amazing if this movie was a tie-in to the show, and the thing attacking the city was actually the smoke security system from the island. They kind of alluded that the outside world had changed (or something) a couple times in Lost.. it'd be awesome if this is what was going on out there. But again, I don't have any expect anything like this to actually happen.
Judging by the end of season 3, I'm beginning to slightly suspect the same thing.

The smoke security system would periodically flash, and with this trailer, flashes were all you could see in the middle of the destruction. People might say "But those flashes were the beginning of EXPLOSIONS!".

Anyway, interesting thing about the flashes were the chain of memories you could closely see within (Google around for screenshots of the facedown between Mr. Ecko and the smoke or capture your own - there's a lot of subtleties in there). The trailer didn't really show anything, but maybe one of the characters who thinks they saw the monster's "form", really only saw one of the pieces of imagery in the flash, and didn't understand the context, so they're thinking of that image itself as the elusively visible form of the monster.

As for how the monster could reach New York, well... all kinds of bad things can happen (deliberately or as repercussions) when the wrong people can eventually come and go from the island as they please.

On another note, all the characters from that party already caught intellectual herpes from MySpace (which doesn't happen to all MySpacers - the site is kind of like unprotected sex in that the more acquaintances you link up with, the stupider you are), so their lives are expendable.