View Single Post
Old 2008.02.19, 03:17 PM   #6
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I see. You're forgiven :3
But for the record, Utada never changed for the sake of a wider audience. She may still be very popular, but her music is not as much as it used to be, because she started making the songs she really wants to. And the general public doesn't like that.
The fact that her voice is more casually acceptable has nothing to do with quality, I think.
But I get your point.
Just to let you know, I'm not saying Utada changed for the sake of a wider audience, I was just using her voice and success as an example of somebody alleon86 might think Shiina should sound like in order for more mainstream success. I have no problem with Utadas voice, nor do I think the voice effects the quality of her work. But I would have a problem with an artist changing their voice for the sole reason of grabbing a bigger audience, and not for artistic expression. So, just to sum up:

Having a voice like Utada = fine
Changing your voice to something similar to Utada's to share her success = not so much.