Thread: Worse Influence
View Single Post
Old 2008.04.06, 07:47 PM   #8
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by imkookoo View Post
I'm sorry, but if Shiina continued releasing music like Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip, or even KZK, even though those are fine albums, it would just be stupid. Rock music tends to be whiny or angry -- which is fine if the singer is a teenager or early twenties, but if they're 30 years old.. get over it, ya know? I don't want to see a 30 year old throw temper tantrums, and by that time of their life, they should have their shit together already.
I for the most part agree with this. And to stick to the topic, I think neither is a bad influence at all. Compared to SR's older stuff, I'll take her old stuff in a heart beat, but this is just her natural evolution, and I think it has less to do with other people being an influence and instead is a change in direction in her own mind. Also a cultural angle, 30 for a woman in Asia is "old." I think most of her fans in Japan have no problem with her change either which is who she really performs for. But quite honestly, fuck the fans, music is an art form and art is about expression. If this is how she chooses to express herself, than all we can do is enjoy it or deal with it.