View Single Post
Old 2008.05.08, 09:34 PM   #58
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I'm not sure if she will include her cover coupling songs in this CD... it would make more sense with only original songs in one cd and the unreleased ones in the other... unreleased as in.. kageriyuku hana? spica? the other covers? the demos? new songs? new arrangements? I'm getting the DVD... and if I have money enough till there... I'll buy the CD also.. it's a nice 'first item' to any fan!
I'm not saying you're a part of this movement (you're merely speculating the spin that the publisher may choose to put on this), but I don't understand why a lot of fans have the mentality that releasing one Shiina Ringo track exclusively amongst an album full of nonRingo songs, equates as "rare/unreleased". Some people even feel that B-Sides are "rare/unreleased" simply because they refuse to buy any CDs other than albums. This kind of attitude from people, gets me totally 'miffed' (I'm borrowing some Jihad-ism here).

A track is legitimately rare when it's not only out-of-print, but also when there aren't at least a dozen auctions for it per month. Shiroi Yume is a legitimately rare track. Any other tracks either have retail availability, or they're bootlegs (with Georgy Porgy being an exception). Just because an actively-published product gives you less Shiina Ringo tracks than you're willing pay for, doesn't mean these tracks are rare or unreleased. That's bullshit. Some publishers are catering to this mentality, but I suspect it is more of an American perspective. Even Europeans seem to take singles a little more seriously than the average American does. I don't really foresee a Japanese publisher flagging those particular tracks as 'unreleased', even if they wanted to, mainly because most/all those 'rare' covers weren't even published by EMI to begin with.