View Single Post
Old 2007.04.27, 09:30 AM   #24
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Luna Sea is typical of J-rock, because they are one of the defining bands of the genre itself. They're not genre breaking like SR, but they take one genre and do it really well.

I'll never recommend Anubis as an intro to Luna Sea song. I don't even listen to it that much. Mother is not a good intro to Luna Sea song either, just becase the slow tempo is not kind to people with short attention spans, but it's this kind of songs that Luna Sea does very well. End of Sorrow is a good song, but the studio version just doesn't cut it for me.

If anyone is still interested in Luna Sea, here's a 3 track sampler. It includes Rosier, I for you and In Silence. I chose these 3 tracks because they're among the most popular LS tracks that I like. So hopefully some of you will give LS a second listening and maybe your opinion will change.

fyi: the lyrics of I for you are one of the most poetic ever.