View Single Post
Old 2008.07.12, 12:11 PM   #14
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Watched this last night. Liked the segues where a pair of hands (not sure if they're Ringo's) open each album and insert the disk in a different Apple computer drive. It was funny when the hands had to struggle a bit with the Zecchoushuu set.

Video quality is okay. I would have preferred if they had remastered some of the widescreen videos like Koko de Kisu Shite to anamorphic display for HDTV's, but whatever.

Sound quality is top-notch. Thunderous. I had to lower the volume several times to keep the neighbors from throwing rocks.

The Mellow video has a great visual concept that mixes a bit of the Shuraba video (instead of red liquid flowing out of stuff, it's foam) with Le Salle le Bain (she embraces a foam figure that dissipates instead of a weird CGI sprout-man). Her appearance in this is shocking.....she has transformed herself physically as well as musically.

The overall impression is that Ringo is, or was, obsessed with her own shifting identities as a performer, and at the end of Mellow she presents herself as "naturally" as I think I've ever seen her. I don't like her lip job because I think it's a mark of vanity and insecurity, but it doesn't diminish her talent one iota.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote