View Single Post
Old 2008.09.24, 08:07 PM   #20
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it could have to do with copyright, as in perhaps she wasn't legally able to cover the songs, or it wasn't financially viable for the company to pay for them, so she wrote phonetic japanese lyrics to justify the english lyrics and there you go

honestly, all these songs she took from are English....if I was getting my start and I wanted to write some demos in Japanese, most of which I thought wouldn't see the light of day, I would probably steal bits and pieces from my favorite bands. I mean, when your writing in a foreign language you tend to unconsciously grab those bits you've heard over and over, whether through common grammar forms heard in conversation, or even just movie dialogue and music. she does write songs in english, but I doubt her grasp of english is quite what it would take to write an entire song in fluent english.

movie directors often take exact angles and shots from favorite films and the like, this is a similar situation. like I said, she said the difference between KZK and MM when she was making them was most of the music for MM and SS was from demos that she thought no one would ever hear. That is why we will never hear KZK demos, because essentially the album IS the demo, she wrote the songs and then fucked with them in the studio and bypassed earlier steps like using demos. MM and SS she was working from demos though. She said all this in Rockin On Japan.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote