View Single Post
Old 2008.10.11, 04:18 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default 'Song styles' you'd like SR to replicate?

Because Shiina Ringo's experimented with different genres/styles, some of her songs are completely individual. I'm not asking for your favourite song, but a 'song style' that in a perfect world (Forget all this Nu-Shiina stuff), you'd like her to replicate.

For example, Kyogenshou's one of my favourite SR songs, and if I want a song similar to Kyogenshou, I usually jump to between most of the 'loud' songs on Shouso Strip and Kyouiku. With some songs however, there aren't any alternatives.

I've got two songs in mind. First is Yattsuke Shigoto KSK. I'm not able to describe music, but I love the 60s television show/elevator music feel to it, how playful the instruments are combined with the way SR sings. I think that only La Salle De Bain captures that same sort of feeling, with the whole Disney thing she's got going on.

Second is the 'Morphine' style. It was the song that got me into SR, but I like it because it took. How the song sounds innocent and sweet, but then she has her 'grating wailing' creeping into some of the verses . This sound is what I most associate Shiina Ringo with, and I get the same pleasure from 'Suberidai' and maybe, to a distant extent, '17.'

Obviously, I'm not hoping for replicas of those songs, otherwise they'd lose their individuality. But man, when I listen to Suberidai, I'd like it if there were a few more tracks like that. And this is probably an idiosyncratic thing, that I associate Suberidai with Morphine. But whatever, try to answer.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote