View Single Post
Old 2009.02.20, 04:42 PM   #641
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ecogazoo View Post
Hi EMF, I have been lurking here for a couple of months, taking in the info & opinions. I first heard of SR in early 2007, but started to really "get it" in November 2008. I'm still in the process of swallowing her whole catalog. Yum!
I saw you lurking, and was wondering if you were ever going to post. Honestly I don't think anyone else who has finally posted, had ever pre-lurked more intensely than you have. You can take that as an insult or a compliment, but I'm telling you, ya broke some kind of EMF record.

SR is the first artist in the Internet Age who has compelled me to buy the retail product. I already have everything (that I know of) Ringo on file, and most of the audio is lossless...but I still feel the need to have the original Japanese product.
From an Exact Audio Copy standpoint, most peoples' lossless rips are 'wrong' anyhow (including many rips performed with EAC itself if the CD owner doesn't know what they are doing), so being able to rip something yourself is always great.

My hat is off to EMF as a very good resource, and also to Frecklegirl whose lyric site is really helpful & entertaining.
She is also one of our admins, and doesn't use her powers when people go to war with her (and they will) over whose subjectively-produced translation is the best. She's about as much a contributor here as she is at her translations website, and it's nice to see someone giving her props, because not everyone does.