View Single Post
Old 2009.03.15, 10:41 PM   #8
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

dang you guys beat me to it, I was really looking forward to being the one to break the news.

the title means something along the lines of "overflowing fortune" but can also be literally translated as superfluous wealth, which has a slightly negative connotation so I went for overflowing fortune. either way, in the ringohan e-mail they said that the date is very important because it is her anniversary of her debut, so technically that day is the first day after the 10 year anniversary, it becomes full circle, and it serves as important launching off point to take her into the new decade of her career. so they are referring to it as 20090527 in the e-mail, perhaps this number might be important in the future somehow (like unlocking an easter egg such as the ichijiku no hana easter egg).

and yes, this song serves as the theme song for the new tv drama Smile, where it was much demanded, and we can hear it used there starting on "shiina no hi" or Shiina Day, which is 4/17 cuz 4(shi) 1(i) 7(na).