Thread: The Lost Thread
View Single Post
Old 2007.05.13, 11:15 AM   #9
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I hated Ana Lucia
w00t. I don't understand why she started to grow on you though, I consistently hated her. I think it was more the actress than the character though...

As for season 2, I agree that it was the weakest of the 3 seasons but in no way was it unnecessary. The answers didn't come as thick and fast as they have this Season, but we learnt all about Dharma and the hatches, we finally saw the smoke monster in all of its glory, we were introduced to Ben and it set up the hatch implosion which is a major part of the mythology, allowing all of Desmond's flash-backs/flash-forwards/apparent time travel and apparently the hatch implosion 'screwed the island way more than we think, which will become more apparent in the season 3 finale'.

Plus there's the brief introduction of the Others, the end (so far) to Michael and Walts story and the whole Penny scene at the end. So yeah, it was a bit slow... and for the most part the taily's were useless (I only really liked Eko, and I'm glad he was with us for almost a full seasons worth of episodes... plus remember Cindy is with the Others now) but it did start some major storyline arcs which set up Season 3 perfectly.

In this season, they don't even act as if any of those characters existed.
You've got to remember though that the Losties only met the tail survivors for, at most, a week, and they didn't show themselves in a very likeable way (shooting Shannon). I'm sure you'd be sad that these people died, after getting to know them over a week, but you wouldn't keep bringing them up. The only apparent mourning we should have seen was Hurley for Libby - which we did. Take Nikki and Paulo... they were supposed to have been there from the beginning, yet nobody even knew who they were. It can be hard to keep track of time and relationships when we're watching weeks pass by in years.

As for characters, I pretty much like everybody. There isn't a single survivor I despise. I really don't understand the hatred for Charlie... other than the drug issue he seems like a decent, light hearted guy. I started to go off Jack this season, but after watching a clip of next week he seems to be getting a bit more kick-ass again... though still a little full of himself. My favourite characters are pretty much the same as yours, fluffie... Locke and Sawyer are my top faves and I love Ben... he's such a menacing villain.

And Jacob is hawt.