View Single Post
Old 2009.04.25, 06:47 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Question PSYCHO Shiina Ringo, Polite Shiina Ringo -- her personality, etc.

I totally don't like to get into the whole 'obsessed with artist's life outside of music', but I can't help but be curious about this. What is Shiina Ringo like? What kind of stuff does she believe in? What's her sense of humour like? What kind of things does she say in her interviews?

Is she really a bit 'mad' and/or bitchy? Or is she just slightly eccentric?

From the GX video, and Dynamite Out, she just seems like a slightly eccentric/hyper (And remember, she was quite young), but otherwise 'normal' woman. In fact, she just seems like a cool, down-to-earth fun girl (Quite 'small' and 'frail' compared to her music. All the people she hangs out with on GX seem to overwhelm her. She didn't have this STAR persona)

Because I got into Shiina Ringo quite later on in her career, I've never seen her as weird. And because I'm not Japanese, I don't know about the kind of impact she made there.

I remember posting a thread on NeoGAF about Shiina Ringo, and I got several responses of people saying that she freaks them out, and someone mentioned that on a radio show, she read a list out of people that she would like to kill. I'm guessing that due to the SS era, people have it in their heads that she's some mad and powerful beast? clakaz's post in the Maboroshi thread about Maboroshi and TOKIO feeling small/intimidated under her seems to support this. Also that mad Tsumi to Batsu performance seems to be remembered over theere.

As I understand it, one theory that she could have possibly played up the psycho element in the Shouso Strip era, and that isn't really her. And in her more recent interviews, she seems very polite (I don't know what she's saying, but she has a humble demeanor about her). And the fact that when she was speaking to the audience in Dynamite Out, she bows a million times.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote